Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Yeah I remember the flying units in dual was kind of Mehhhhh.

A dismount is needed, plus landing and crashing!
    Yep. Karl Franz sometimes wants to hop off Deathclaw and take out a few greenskins himself.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Yep. Karl Franz sometimes wants to hop off Deathclaw and take out a few greenskins himself.
    I would, but as long the mount will fight along with me dismounted :3

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by zackstefy View Post
    I really hope they'll add a 3d person control of heroes/generals...i'd love to control the hero just like in mount&blade or spartan total warrior also, it would be awesome it you could control the flying units ( imagine controlling the dragon ) + the big units like the trolls and smash the lil' elves
    Btw, since i'm a noob in Warhammer lore , are there any good book for warhammer fantasy? ( i'd love to read something like empire vs orks)
    For you, a gift.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
    and
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy_Battle

Quote Originally Posted by zackstefy View Post
    are there any good book for warhammer fantasy? ( i'd love to read something like empire vs orks)
    Chris Wraight - "Swords of Justice" or "Swords of the Emperor"
    Not sure if it's good

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

How about DLCs that have actual high quality content in and not just a quick cash grab. (I'd prefer no DLCs but we have to be realistic)

I've been playing a little of Disciples 3 lately and absolutely love the graphical style of it. I'm hoping CA go along a similar path with Warhammer graphics. That is realistic but not ultra realistic and definitely not a more "cartoonish" style. The attached screenshot shows Disciples 3 and a (similar) style I would like to see in the game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dis1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	755.1 KB 
ID:	319765

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Lol... just noticed how retarded I am for going through the trouble of turning an "M" upside down with Photoshop for the title header of this thread when there is actually a "W" in the word Warhammer xD

I definatelly need to sleep more ^^

Citizen

Blog Entries

Added the following to the op in the naive hope that something like that might get into the game:

• Changing terrain conditions: be it from spells or from destroyed units. It would be interesting if some mage could create a zone in the terrain that could suck/pull/repel/deny access to/etc other units (or if some shaman could invoke some kind of sand-worm a la Star Wars which would start grabbing and swallowing nearby troops, you could even use your troops higher mass/push capacity to push a enemy unit into this kind of thing).

A good inspiration for this would be the game Sacrifice, in which you have access to powerful spells that range from creating walls of impassable terrain, invoking an eruption that will knock away all the units on it, or even making a huge hole in the ground making all the units standing on that area to fall into the void below (not to mention the ability to launch an explosive supercow into your enemies, called "Bovine Intervention"). Check this video (shows the spells of the Earth God, James) (go to 3:27 for the eruption, 6:45 for the hole in the ground, and if you want to see the cow in action, 6:04): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kckYNHfBBU

Also, imagine that a really big, say dragon, is killed in the middle of the battle line, it would be interesting if that created an area o impassable (yet maybe destroyable) terrain, providing new cover and/or forcing further flanking maneuvers). Think of a destroyed tank remaining on the battlefield in Company of Heroes, blocking streets and providing new cover for infantry).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 18, 2015 at 01:09 PM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Hmmm good idea

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I think it's very realistic to assume that (even with DLCs) there is no way that all races will be playable in Warhammer TW. Just think of the minimal efforts CA has shown recently to make "unique units" in Rome II. The units are all more or less the same, maybe wearing other helmets. But in Warhammer TW each unit is different, even the anatomy of the races often differs, so CA will have to make complete new models for nearly every race and even their mounts. Not to mention the various monsters, giants and dragons of the warhammer world. It would take forever to design every faction with their main units. Also it's very unlikely that the game will picture the whole warhammer world. Propably (in this aspect very similar to rome 2) the game will only feature the old world. So I guess there will be only races from the old world included (and maybe Ulthuan).

Empire
    Bretonia
    Orcs & Goblins
    Undead
    Dwarves
    Chaos
    High Elves

And alone to include this 6-7 factions would mean an enormous effort, because of their different cultures, playstyles and units. Copy & Paste of units like in Rome 2 would be hardly possible.
    Skaven? Don't think so, because of their underground lifestyle. wood elves? Another problem, because they hardly leave their forest and have no interest in conquering land. Dark elves? Maybe a dlc, since they are similar to the high elves,...

Quote Originally Posted by Igor85 View Post
    I think it's very realistic to assume that (even with DLCs) there is no way that all races will be playable in Warhammer TW. Just think of the minimal efforts CA has shown recently to make "unique units" in Rome II. The units are all more or less the same, maybe wearing other helmets. But in Warhammer TW each unit is different, even the anatomy of the races often differs, so CA will have to make complete new models for nearly every race and even their mounts. Not to mention the various monsters, giants and dragons of the warhammer world. It would take forever to design every faction with their main units. Also it's very unlikely that the game will picture the whole warhammer world. Propably (in this aspect very similar to rome 2) the game will only feature the old world. So I guess there will be only races from the old world included (and maybe Ulthuan).

Empire
    Bretonia
    Orcs & Goblins
    Undead
    Dwarves
    Chaos
    High Elves

And alone to include this 6-7 factions would mean an enormous effort, because of their different cultures, playstyles and units. Copy & Paste of units like in Rome 2 would be hardly possible.
    Skaven? Don't think so, because of their underground lifestyle. wood elves? Another problem, because they hardly leave their forest and have no interest in conquering land. Dark elves? Maybe a dlc, since they are similar to the high elves,...
    As long as Vampire Counts are playable, or Khemri I'm happy man

Since it's wishlist thread, what would be your fav. unit represented in this game?

Personally I'd like to see single rare units deployed from time to time.

So since I have few of them let's start

Terrorgheist
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pistoliers ( I used to love this unit in Medieval II TW)

Rat Ogre

Blackguard

steam tank!

I really want to see race specific economies, diplomacy, and interaction.

What do I mean?

Let's take the Orcs for example, and how I would make their faction work.

- Economically they have no gold or real resources to that they need to buy units with, instead they have a squalor and breeding system with which they use to make their units and increase army caps.

- The squalor system is used to limit the size of the Orc army (waaghh), the ways to reduce squalor are directly linked to the Warboss and his retinue and subordinates. The more powerful the general gets, the more more Orcs he can unite under his command. Unlike other factions, believe that the Orcs should constantly have to worry about and contain inner turmoil and possible rebellions/assassinations.

- That sounds like a pain in the butt, until we look at what I would call the breeding system. Since the Orcs have no resources necessary, they have the ability to pump out units at a great rate. The issue is they only have the ability to pump out base cruddy Orc units. Orcs are said to get bigger, stronger, and badder with each fight, so the way I would treat this would be to have most Orc units upgrade into new tier upon achieving a certain experience threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Theedge634 View Post
    I really want to see race specific economies, diplomacy, and interaction.

What do I mean?

Let's take the Orcs for example, and how I would make their faction work.

- Economically they have no gold or real resources to that they need to buy units with, instead they have a squalor and breeding system with which they use to make their units and increase army caps.

- The squalor system is used to limit the size of the Orc army (waaghh), the ways to reduce squalor are directly linked to the Warboss and his retinue and subordinates. The more powerful the general gets, the more more Orcs he can unite under his command. Unlike other factions, believe that the Orcs should constantly have to worry about and contain inner turmoil and possible rebellions/assassinations.

- That sounds like a pain in the butt, until we look at what I would call the breeding system. Since the Orcs have no resources necessary, they have the ability to pump out units at a great rate. The issue is they only have the ability to pump out base cruddy Orc units. Orcs are said to get bigger, stronger, and badder with each fight, so the way I would treat this would be to have most Orc units upgrade into new tier upon achieving a certain experience threshold.
    Sorry, computer wigged out... to continue:

I was thinking of something like this:
    Orc Boyz------> Big Un' Orcs (or Boar Boyz)
    Savage Orcs-----> Big Un' Orcs (Or Boar Boyz)
    Black Orcs (recruitable by very powerful warboss, or possible bodyguard if he has special trait)
    Goblins------> Wolf, Spider or Squig Riders

Where only base units are recruitable and reinforcable. In order to reinforce a better unit, other units in the army must be at the experience threshold required to become that unit. Their are two way to acquire experience for each unit, 1 being battles, the other being a user created clash... where 2 or more units are basically put into battle against each other (inner squalor basically) and an autoresolve occurs with variable results but a gain in experience for both units (if they both survive).

I think that a system like this would really immerse the player in feeling as if they're controlling an orc horde.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    Since it's wishlist thread, what would be your fav. unit represented in this game?
    Your post gave me the idea of making a specific thread for pictures to keep things easier to access and better organised.

Feel free to give it a look and post there as well

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tures-Wishlist
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 18, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

As a Warhammer Fan here's what I would like to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLxh...ature=youtu.be

Essentially: Collision detection, new engine, unit customization, different campaign system.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Costin_Razvan View Post
    As a Warhammer Fan here's what I would like to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLxh...ature=youtu.be

Essentially: Collision detection, new engine, unit customization, different campaign system.
    I agree in almost everything. However:

• I don't agree on ranged units needing a nerf. I loved how powerful archers felt in Shogun 2 for instance, or how artillery worked in Napoleon. I'd rather have CA lowering their ammo than their power per volley. Add that to fully enabled friendly fire and you have solved the issue. Ranged units should force the enemy to make decissions. Either you go into melee or the archers tear you appart. If you don't try to launch sneaky flank attacks to get the enemy artillery, or if you just stay idle and tightly packed in your pretty defensive position, the enemy artillery will tear your lines. I think powerful ranged units foment mobility and strategical thinking and avoid turtling, massing and inactivity. And let's not even mention how underwhelming it is when you launch a full volley of arrows and just 0-2 enemies drop dead.
    • I wouldn't mind a narrative campaign as a part of the game, but definatelly not as the only way to play the game. Narrative only campaigns hugely hinder replayability. I am perfectly aware that getting a Warhammer sanbox right is a gigantic task... but i'd like to see them at least try. I don't think they will (or could, or should) try to make an accurate and thorough representation of the Warhammer factions as they appear in the lore, but they definatelly could make an adaptation to make the whole thing feel right, and not just "a TW with Warhammer skins" as has been mentioned several times.

That said, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one flirting with the (probably extremelly unpopular) idea of downsizing the scale a bit. My reasoning though is not that they should emulate the numbers of tabletop matches (numbers that are lowered for some external-to-PC-gaming reasons such as the high cost of models, the physical space needed to play or the pain in the ass that manually moving 5000 figurines every turn would be), but that they migh want to reduce the numbers to increase the overall "scale" of the game (given that there are technical limitations and we couldn't have the best of both worlds). What I mean with this is that warhammer soldiers, petty members of big units included, feel way more individual, more detailed than the usual TW soldiers. Also, given how well duels and gore fit Warhammer, I can't help it but think that a Warhammer TW game is not meant to be played as zoomed out as our usual TW.

For all these reasons I think that (MAYBE) they should reduce a bit the numbers (although nowhere near the way too small-scale skirmishes of the tabletop game) and increase the size, so to speak, of the units. Make them bigger (relative to the area covered by the screen), more detailed, give them more mass and make them feel more powerful as individuals, even when they belong in an unit. Zoom the camera in a bit and let us enjoy the details, while retaining a large scale, tactical battlefield experience. I think this should not be a problem if the maps were adapted consequently. If they made them more compact (I'm not speaking about the total size, but about how the terrain "embraces" the field of battle. Make open fields more tighly packed, surrounded by dense forest, hills or other features, etc. Think how a tabletop battle of 400 models feels huge whereas a 2000 soldier battle in TW feels like a meaningless border skirmish. It's not such a matter of total size, but of relative size. And there are a lot of factos that contribute to enhance that, such as camera zoom, unit size and detail, how tighly packed a regiment is, how "cramped" the battlefield feels, etc. I can't help it but to recall the Agincourt map of Medieval 2, in which a relativelly small (medium unit size and not even full stack) battle felt like a pretty decent pitched battle because of how the map felt (besides the map being quite plain and dull, which has nothing to do with what I'm arguing here).

I think that if both the "individuality" of units and the design of the terrain/battlefield are adapted, the sense of scale would not be hindered even if the numbers are slightly reduced.

And please, take this all with pinch of salt, if there were not technical limitations, I'd want all that with absurdly large soldier counts (which would by the way enhance the individuality of powerful units in its own way as well, since for instance, a battle would not need to end in 2 minutes because that big ass troll is killing 6 soldiers with every swing of his mace or because a fire breathing dragon has just burned two entire units with a single ability).

Check these pics and notice how they feel like huge engagements when in fact the model count is so much smaller than any TW battle. Try to find the reasons why that is so:

Think of what made this screenshot one of the coolest battle pics of the Total War series:

Last edited by HigoChumbo; January 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

No. No. No.

If we're doing Warhammer, we're doing it correct;

Last edited by Son of Horus; January 19, 2015 at 03:37 AM.

This makes me pine for Warhammer Online again

As long as I can summon a Waaagh i'll be good.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't agree on ranged units needing a nerf. I loved how powerful archers felt in Shogun 2 for instance, or how artillery worked in Napoleon.
    Yet units in Warhammer are not that powerful in range. Ogres are so strong they can shrug off bullets and arrows, you need to fight them in melee or use heavy artillery to bring them down. Warhammer does have good balance, far better then Total War ever had.

Similarly chaos units have their skins and armor protected by the gods and so are quite thick, then Bretonia has OP armored knights. Ranged units should be useful but not OP.

I wouldn't mind a narrative campaign as a part of the game, but definatelly not as the only way to play the game. Narrative only campaigns hugely hinder replayability.
    It's quality vs quantity. Replayability can be achieved in a narrative driven campaign if it's a non-linear one. The Total War sandbox just wouldn't work for Warhammer.

That said, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one flirting with the (probably extremelly unpopular) idea of downsizing the scale a bit.
    I think they should increase the amount of units we can have in every battle but lower soldier count per units. Also go with only one size, not four that we can pick from. Balance CA, learn it.

Think how a tabletop battle of 400 models feels huge whereas a 2000 soldier battle in TW feels like a meaningless border skirmish
    That comes down to the way units are controlled in Warhammer vs Total War. Total War heavily emphasizes formation fighting and sticking all your units together because of morale, but it's not how real war is fought nor how Warhammer battles are fought.

I would like to see for instance a situation where I take a small group of units and march through a large number of Skaven in the underground so I can flank the enemy on the surface that are fighting my main army. You can't split your army off in Total War with the exception of cavalry.
    Last edited by Costin_Razvan; January 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine