Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

I've been seeing working "swiping" flying units since Ground Control back in 2000, I remember flying units capable of melee fighting in-flight since Battle for Middle Earth in 2006. Shouldn't be that hard.

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by zackstefy View Post
    I really hope they'll add a 3d person control of heroes/generals...i'd love to control the hero just like in mount&blade or spartan total warrior also, it would be awesome it you could control the flying units ( imagine controlling the dragon ) + the big units like the trolls and smash the lil' elves
    THIS THIS THIS !!!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

But, but, everyone says's it's ultra hard, and that they have to be one way or another, that there can't be strafing and hovering units at the same time, that it would be too complicated and it would take trillions of dollars and years of development to do so in a game, that nobody has dare to do it before. Is not like for example Command and conquer already had planes that moved "realistically" and helicopters that hover over the battlefield almost 20 darn years ago... oh wait, they did:

That's for all the naysayers. I agree with you HigoChumbo, however in my guts I feel CA will turn down the "challenge"
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 12, 2015 at 01:06 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I was listening to Arcaon's Wood Elves episode and a possible way to treat the problem of the Wood Elves having no interest in conquest (they don't go out of their forest) and therefore not fitting in TW.

Maybe they could design some feature similar to Starcraft's Zerg creep tumor spread with the forest, in a way that maybe the elfs had no interest in actual conquests but in reforestating the world or something, and make it so that t hey could only settle where the forest have expanded, and maybe direct the expansion of the forest in some way (making it easier to expand against industrial factions that take little care of mother nature, or against "evil" factions, and harder against those who don't really destroy their enviroment so much). There could be an interesting metagame playing with the elves trying to defend the spread, the other factions trying to prevent it and also having to balance their industrial growth as not to make the forest grow too fast.

I don't know, could be a decent excuse to avoid not making them just another expansionist, conquering race.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Originally Posted by zackstefy

I really hope they'll add a 3d person control of heroes/generals...i'd love to control the hero just like in mount&blade or spartan total warrior also, it would be awesome it you could control the flying units ( imagine controlling the dragon ) + the big units like the trolls and smash the lil' elves
    I really dont think this would be too hard for them to do, especially when you consider that they were able to do it for Gatling guns and cannons in Shogun 2! At the very least you should be able to do it when using powerful ranged units like Wizards, cannon, catapults, steamtanks, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    But if that unit has a name and a history, a personality, if it's truly unique within my army, then I can relate to it. It's not just "another unit of spearmen" I'm losing, it's the 5th infantry regiment of Whereverburg led by Guy von Someonestein, those brave soldiers who held my left flank against overwhelming odds in the defense of Heimstadt on their own, allowing me enough time to save the day. The same guys who have been in my company since I got out of Kleindorf as a petty mercenary captain.
    You know, back in good old Medieval 1, they had a captain system where every unit had a captain that led his men and could developed traits that could help you decide if you wanted to grant them titles for there good work to not only increase their ability to command or govern but increase their unit's valor, which was the units experience points back then that made them fight better then they would regularly.
    If they could bring that feature back and expand on that idea, it would make units in future total war titles feel more important.

But why trouble oneself on making the wood elves expand? Why do all factions need to have the same "expand" goals? Maybe the wood elves campaign would be different and you must keep the forest clean (all the while you are a dick to Brittania under the table). If X ammount of the forest is invaded you lose, or something like that.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, that would make for a very boring campaign if no one attacks you or if you get dominant. Not to mention you would almost always be fighting the same enemies.

What I'm suggesting is essentialy "keeping the forest clean", only that it would be the forest the one expanding.

Not necessarily, arranges can be made for the other factions attack you more often, and anything passing by the forest (even an army simply marching towards another enemy) would be considered an enemy. Eventually most factions would call dibs on your head. Some spicy things could be a sub faction trying to reunite with the High Elves, or directly scripted invasions from orks, forest goblins and other things.

According to wikipedia "Over time the forest's other inhabitants, spirits such as dryads, treemen and spites, have come to accept the elves, although some such as the branchwraith Drycha still resent their presence, and parts of the wood, such as the Wildwood, still remain closed to them."

So maybe doing certain missions or keeping certain conditions would allow them more access to other parts of the woods?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 13, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

The Forest of Loren is not a normal forest. Its boundaries change all the time, the roots of this forest connect to every forest all over the world, the Beastmen and Undead frequently attack, the Shadow Fey (bad juju tree spirits corrupted by chaos) and Daemons frequently attack as the veil here is quite thin, and during the War of Vengeance/of the Beard, the Dwarves were able to invade.

The Wood Elves are both symbiotes and parasites to the forest, and only the sacrifice and rebirth of Orion and Ariel each year and rigorous patrolling of the lands keeps them from being expelled. They're not so much "good elves and bad elves so these must be neutral elves", they are simply elves that ignore the goings on in the world unless it affects their realm. As such, while they normally don't tend to look beyond their borders, they do move out of their forest home in an attempt to stave off threats, as does the Wild Hunt of Orion tread through the Old World.

I would love them to have a highly defensive campaign, something rarely, if ever seen on TW.

Hey all, I'm not very well acquainted with warhammer stuff but I'm really excited to see how creative assembly will handle this fantasy realease. Anyways I have alot of Ideas that I want to see implemented in this upcoming title. Some of these suggestions are just mixing some of the features we've seen in past games together. for now I will be addressing Vision and Agents

To start I want to see Campaign Vision redone, something like in Medieval 2 TW. the only vision the player should receive is from towns,units, and allied towns/units. With this change the Importance of vision will change the way the player plays. If the map is anything like Rome 2 then there will be a lot of space in between settlements where there could be ambushes. The change in vision will have to also change how Agents work.So Agents will also need a re-imagining from their current types in Rome 2.

On Agents:
    Severely nerf their military impact. For instance in Rome 2 you could cut an army in half by poisoning their army, in shogun 2 you could indefinitely stop an army if you had the cash. On higher difficulty the agents became more annoying than fun. My idea to reintegrate them would be to let them have more passive and straight forward roles. Here are my reworked three types of agents.

1. Champions- Have them actually be a hero unit in battle, if attached to army, but on the campaign map they should be an Agent thus they can't reinforce or take settlements by themselves.

- If following the army they should provide a bonus to the generals security, plus a morale boost to the troops in the army depending on their fame/level.

- If attacking an army they should only be allowed to attack/kill other champions, if no champions available the enemy army takes a hit to morale.

- If embedded into Settlement that settlement should have reduced recruitment time

- If used against Settlement the champion should try to open the gates

2. Spies/Assassins- Spies should be allowed to put down vision markers (think watch towers Med2) in a province for a limited time, vision should be something to plan for on the map. Also they should be the only unit to have the ability to kill all types of characters.

- If Following the army, the army should get a boost in campaign movement speed and line of sight. The level of the Agent should scale how much of a boost is received.

- If attacking an army, the spy will only be allowed to assassinate embedded Agents or the general.Passive Ability is to scout armies, if close to an enemy army all units should be revealed alongside which agents are embedded into the army.

- If embedded into the settlement the settlement should have increased counter tactics against enemy Agents.

- If used against settlements the Spy will be able to see what that settlement is building. If a general is in the settlement than an assassinate order should be allowed.

3. Administrators- These units should be able to auto manage provinces/settlements when allowed. Auto manage should have a settings menu where you can choose a focus for that province (also an ability to not let them build units or buildings).

- If following the Army they should affect army upkeep cost and provide counter tactics against other administrators only

- If used against enemy army they should affect movement speed but should not be able to halt the enemy army completely. This should also have a negative affect on army morale.

- If embedded into Settlement this should provide a tax increase, while also giving a better way to counter agent actions on the settlement.

- if used against Settlement, the administrator should be able to have enemy settlements with high culture of their own willingly give up. (like metsuke bribe in S2)

Anyways feel free to comment on my idea.
    Last edited by StringingTerror; May 22, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

Senator

Start date should be the year Karl Franz is elected. That way you can include a lot of events/invasion specific to the region of the empire(which looks like the the first game will cover). Doing this brings back Marius Leitdorf, the Elector count of Averland, and the elector count of Talebecland would no longer be missing. Also invasion of tamurkhan, rise of Khazrak one eye, invasion of mortkin, and the orc invasion that ended with the death of good ol crazy Marius. Also gives dwarfs things to do like reclaiming karak eight peaks. The first mission for reikland could be to send army north to aid Nordland in defeating Norscan invasion (like what happens in the fluff)

All in all i think a good idea instead of the start date basically being at the precipice of the end times. A lot stuff happened in the 20 years of Karl Franz's reign.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    That is actually the very first thing CA should include from day one if they expect me to take their game seriously Goblin launcher would come in second place. I wonder if they will go the lazy way and make them an entire battallion or do it as (as far as I'm concerned) it's done in the tabletop game, as some kind of ability that you can launch to the enemy from other regiments.
    If Shadow of the Horned Rat could do it right, flipping, I don't even know how many years ago, but when I was a child and that shopping mall was orange groves as far as the eye could see: Flipping CA can at least catch up to flipping old timer stuff.

I don't really know who Kurt Helborg is, but I've always thought he has one of the coolest miniatures in the entire empire roster. I don't really get why they got rid of it for the new edition.
    He's the Reiksmarshal, captain of the Reiksguard, the de jure commander of all Imperial forces, in theory he's the general on the field while the Emperor is the figure head and inspirational figure more concerned with politics and keeping the Electors in line. What this means most of the time is that he's the commander of the forces of Riekland. He's a bit like the Hand of the King in Game of Thrones but with less political power.

I think they got rid of him because he's kind of confusing and redundant, the Emperor is in charge of Reikland and the Empire, end of. I like it the old way better.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Well since we're at it here are a few points I wish to see :

* Real in-battlemap sea battles. At this point this has been a feature for some time in Total War, but at the same time game worshop never explored it too much (yeah I know the pirate stuff) so I hope creative assembly doesn't get scared off from filling the gaps.
    *Undead don't take any attrition due to siege (obviously). They have very unique features replacing morale regarding necromancy, summoning, general's death and falling to dust. (Massive replenisment boost after a victory for instance)
    *Undead armies are fully of fear causing units and morale eating effects.
    *Orcs economy is based on looting and raiding, war... I mean WAAAGH!!! is a must. I trust they'll get this right.
    *A map that includes bretonnia, athel loren, norsca, kislev and the north of tilea and the badlands.
    *I wouldn't want backfiring magic except maybe for the biggest spells. You don't want a mage you took a of time building up to die from miscasting a stupid fireball.
    *A lot of different magic colleges to choose from as the empire.
    *Dwarves settlements have only one entrance and are almost impossible to storm and starve. Unless you are a dwarf, goblin or skaven in which case you have access to underground assault.
    *And underground map system featuring dwarf and skaven settlements (present both on surface and underground and attackable from both sides) and tunnels (accessible only to dwarves, skavens and to some extent goblins) (my hopes are extremely low on this one, I would be truely amazed if this happened).
    *Specialized recruitment (mages at altdorf, rare artilery at nuln etc)
    *A set of two customizable colors per army for the empire
    *Present and unique units for Bretonnia, Wood elves, Kislev and Chaos dwarves (Tilea, Estalia) etc
    *Ogre mercenaries at the very least (and then some more)

* And if you put dark elves in... I beg you, no stupid road signs helmets, retarded one wheeled chariots and ugly skullhead executioners.

I know a lot of these where mentioned more than once but whatever.
    Last edited by Dalakh; June 18, 2015 at 03:46 PM.

*A lot of different magic colleges to choose from as the empire.
    All eight colleges of magic were recently confirmed for the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalakh View Post
    * Real in-battlemap sea battles. At this point this has been a feature for some time in Total War, but at the same time game worshop never explored it too much (yeah I know the pirate stuff) so I hope creative assembly doesn't get scared off from filling the gaps.
    Sorry to stamp on your dreams, but it's been confirmed that naval battles won't be a part of the first game.

I guess they will be a part of the following games though.

That sucks a lot

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    That sucks a lot
    Honestly, seeing how I have altogether ignored naval battles through my entire playthroughs of both Shogun 2 and Rome 2, I could not care less. In those two games the naval battles were boring and poorly implemented, and not only that, they could be completelly ignored and still achieve an easy victory. That's not a sign of a good game mechanic, to be honest.

I personally love the idea of amphibious landings and naval support (It's really fun to turn land battles over in Civilization 5 bombarding land units on the shore with my ships of the lane), but i'd rather have the feature removed than poorly implemented.

Yeah, landings are cool, and maybe, just maybe they can make it in even without actual sea battles.

But Naval Warfare isnt particular high on my list of things looking forward to when I hear Warhammer.