Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

Damn, I forgot to update these
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll do it asap
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Damn, I forgot to update these
    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll do it asap
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    You can see some units of the game in this gameplay and AAR of Alavaria player...i hope that this will be useful for you
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-Zone-VIII-3
    Those units look awesome! Thanks for sharing and +1 rep. I am blown away by all those detail and flashy colors of the units, with totally redone mounts and barded horses! Fantastic. I'll definitely have to play this mod. What do the later units of the 14th and 15th centuries look like, though? This guy's tutorial doesn't extend beyond the 12th century thus far (he's about to enter the 13th century), so it only shows the earliest units available. Did the SSHIP team remodel all of the later units too?

Blog Entries

Unfortunately no for all your questions for now.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Unfortunately no for all your questions for now.
    You're wrong! Well, halfway wrong. I just downloaded your submod and checked out several factions, including Venice, and you guys have indeed remodeled/re-skinned several units that appear in the late period. For instance, the Venetian Heavy Infantry and Pike Militia. Not only that, but you brilliant little geniuses incorporated the "Late Knights Submod" into your submod, so if I were you I wouldn't touch the late period knights at all. They look fantastic.

On top of that, you incorporated Caudillo87's Komnenian-Khwarazmian submod into your own, with a few minor tweaks, so that you have upgraded Byzantine units as well. Fantastic! The Islamic/Middle Eastern units look great too.

I give your mod a 9 out of 10. Seriously, it looks phenomenal, with only a few minor gripes, most of which I can easily fix for my own purposes. The work you guys did on the barded horse mounts alone should have earned you all sorts of awards, let alone for the soldiers/men at arms/knights riding on top of them. The least I can do is give you +1 rep. I'm disappointed that you have removed the Timurid invasion from the mod, which makes the late period very fun after the Golden Horde has been decimated. It also gives Islamic rule a chance to return to large parts of Asia where historically it should, such as Central Asia and Persia. Instead of, you know, a surviving faction like Novgorod or Byzantium taking all of that.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Kahvi's units only. And thanks for your kind words

Regarding Timurids, we didn't have much choice as they have been replaced by Georgia. As the mod focused mostly on the early era, that shouldn't be a big deal (for now at least). If we ever managed to make a late era campaign (a "real" one, not just a beta as it is now), then factions will need to be reconsidered.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Kahvi's units only. And thanks for your kind words

Regarding Timurids, we didn't have much choice as they have been replaced by Georgia. As the mod focused mostly on the early era, that shouldn't be a big deal (for now at least). If we ever managed to make a late era campaign (a "real" one, not just a beta as it is now), then factions will need to be reconsidered.
    No problem, and I see the logic in removing the Timurids if it makes room for Sakartvello/Georgia (an excellent choice, by the way).

Speaking of your late beta campaign, I started one just for the lolz and the giggles, noting the Mongol Golden Horde is already pwning Asia (although not showing their contemporary conquest of the Jurchen Jin Dynasty in northern China due to the limitations of our game). I immediately wanted to make one little change to the map, making Zara in Dalmatia a castle instead of a town. However, I noticed that I was unable to locate the appropriate descr_strat file for the late campaign! For the life of me I cannot locate it. I noticed that Venice, the first city listed, is already a huge city in this late/high campaign map. However, none of the descr_strat files I've seen has Venice as such. This is what I found for the following:

data -> campaign -> late -> world -> maps -> campaign -> imperial campaign -> descr_strat file here lists Venice as a large city settlement

data -> campaign -> late -> world -> maps -> campaign -> imperial campaign -> descr_strat file here lists Venice as a minor city settlement

data -> world -> maps -> campaign -> imperial campaign -> descr_strat file here lists Venice as a large city settlement

This leads me to believe that none of these are the correct descr_strat files for editing your beta late-period campaign map! Where is located, then? I'm kind of OCD like that and until I figure it out it's going to continue driving me nuts.

EDIT: Never mind! I found it! It was in the following pathway: data -> world -> maps -> campaign -> custom -> High_Era_Campaign

Blog Entries

Please, post in the General Discussion thread for things not related to Kahvi's units

Since the images of the OP are no longer working, feel free to use all, some, or none of these images I bothered taking. However, be forewarned that the Broken Lance cavalry here do not look exactly the same in your submod, since I have given them shields for aesthetic reasons and my own purposes. Most of these are also Venetian units, so there's that.

IMGUR album: https://imgur.com/a/kka01

Longbowmen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Welsh Longbowmen:

Frankish Knights:

Mourtatoi:

Pike Militia

Broken Lances:

Various Venetian infantry units, including Armored Sergeants, Armored Swordsmen, Sword Mailed Knights, and some Mourtatoi:

Venetian Feudal Knights, Bodyguard, and some Hospitaller Knights in the background (some Broken Lances poked their faces into the shot as well):

Italian Cavalry Militia:

Blog Entries

You've been mistaken Mate. These are from GI Sandy and Baraban, not from Kahvipannu.

Some of Kahvi's units can be still seen here, in the "upgraded" spoiler
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 01, 2017 at 03:10 AM.

You've been mistaken Mate. These are from GI Sandy and Baraban, not from Kahvipannu.

Some of Kahvi's units can be still seen here, in the "upgraded" spoiler
    Wow! Those look awesome! And yes, they do look very different from Sandy and Baraban's units. I can't wait to fight the Ghulams in battle, then.

Blog Entries

Yes, that's a shame that he's not active since last April. I really do hope for his come back

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wow! Those look awesome! And yes, they do look very different from Sandy and Baraban's units

they kinda look too dark tbh

there, i said it again

Blog Entries

Is that enough clear for you now??? Again and for the last time... ...WE WON'T MAKE SHINY UNITS!!!!

Is that enough clear for you now??? Again and for the last time... ...WE WON'T MAKE SHINY UNITS!!!!
    I personally think they look good on their own, but I can understand what he's saying if its contrasted with the vanilla units that are still in the game. The vanilla units and a good amount of Stainless Steel units are very shiny and bright in comparison. It makes quite a contrast on the battle map, especially since these darker units made by Kahvipannu still have vanilla M2TW captains and flag bearers. They honestly look like they don't belong to the same world.

Good job otherwise, though! The only big thing I would fault Kahvipannu for would be that he didn't create or allow for late medieval versions of his Crusader units. I'm assuming that's because the Templars were destroyed by the early 14th century and the Crusades ended before then. However, the Hospitallers continued for centuries thereafter, morphing into the modern Sovereign Military Order of Malta after the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century. I think, at the very least, you guys should have made late period hospitaller units or allowed for them. The dismounted Templars, by contrast, have the vanilla M2TW model type for the late period. Although the mounted Templars clearly only have a High Middle Ages look, i.e. without plate armor.

Blog Entries

The goal is to get ride of all vanilla units but it takes time. Dekhatres is mentionning his tastes again and again and again for several months now. We got the message but since he's the only one whinning around, I won't change these models.

Kahvi was actually working on late era units with partial plate armour when he "diseapeared". Anyway, some captains and flag bearers should be replaced soon after the next release.

The goal is to get ride of all vanilla units but it takes time. Dekhatres is mentionning his tastes again and again and again for several months now. We got the message but since he's the only one whinning around, I won't change these models.
    I mean, if anyone cares that much about it, they can figure out how to edit the "battle_models" and "export_descr_unit" files to change them any way they like.

For instance, I just recently gave Broken Lance cavalry shields to make them more colorful and aesthetically pleasing, and gave Latinikon cavalry Jerusalem royal bodyguard barded mounts for no other reason than to make them look flashy and appealing.

Kahvi was actually working on late era units with partial plate armour when he "diseapeared". Anyway, some captains and flag bearers should be replaced soon after the next release.
    Ah! That's a shame. Someone should step in and make late medieval versions for them. Or simply use the "Late Knights" Stainless Steel submod units for Hospitallers and Templars that are already available right now. That sounds like an infinitely easier solution, doesn't it? You guys already do that for almost every other knight unit barring units like "Feudal Knights", since they do not have a super late version (and disappear from your recruitment slots around the year AD 1380).

I would love to see what Sandy and Baraban could do with captains and flag bearers. I'd also make a small suggestion to bring back plate armor for the most highly armored Pike Militia. I feel as though they look incredibly downgraded compared to vanilla M2TW and regular Stainless Steel, where they and the Halberd Militia can be decked out in late-15th-century plate armor. Currently they can only have chain mail, brigandine jackets, and coat of plates, which means they would look out of place by the late 15th century. You don't even get Pike Militia until the later part of the game anyway, so why not make a super late version of them (before the introduction of 16th-century "Pikemen")?

You know, something like this:

Blog Entries

We're trying to respect the evolution of armors and weapons. So yes, that why some units aren't recruitable anymore while some others appears later during the game.
    There is still quite a lot of work to be done in the EDU and regarding factions' rosters. We just need a bit of time

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I mean, if anyone cares that much about it, they can figure out how to edit the "battle_models" and "export_descr_unit" files to change them any way they like.

For instance, I just recently gave Broken Lance cavalry shields to make them more colorful and aesthetically pleasing, and gave Latinikon cavalry Jerusalem royal bodyguard barded mounts for no other reason than to make them look flashy and appealing.

well ofc doing that kind of things is a cakewalk that even I can do, if you can make Kahvi's ghulam units look bright like the other vanilla ss units then we can talk
    i personally tried several times increasing the brightness of the unit textures then i went to look at them ingame and it was all messed up

dayum i dont remember complaining that much, 2-3 times arent that many anyway imo, this one excluded, and the other few in MarbleEmperor's thread

Hmm yeah, a mass of plated Late Pikemen (max unit size too, 250 on Huge compared to 150 for most standard spear infantry units) would be hilarious. Imagine a full stack set on AI control, quite a fearsome and annoying to handle horde... though the game would be over by that late point (especially getting them all armor-upgraded and XPed up)

I wonder if they fight with their pike on walls, since they don't have a small sword anymore...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234