Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

Default Re: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

Kahvipannu how do you go your work??have you added some new units for the submod? some spoiler or previews? you only have maked these units or you have more....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

There's no more to show in preview for now but we'll post more pics when necessary. All units that Kahvipannu has done so far are integrated for the next release.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Looking forward to your project, gentlemen. IT seems time to come back to play this "old" game

Great hard job you did here.

Blog Entries

Many thanks for your words DramaBelli. That makes us motivated to continue
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 29, 2015 at 03:35 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

thansk for your statement Lifthrasir I've just reinstalled all from steam and went straight to SS6.4+ your enhancing mod. I'm really glad to see that these units by Kaviphannu previewed already time ago have found a path to follow until the release. The love for Medieval II also reminds me how is deep the loss for a Medieval III (defeated by Warhammer...but perhaps this "pause" from historical games would make CA's ideas clearer and made a future Medieval III a ame better than RomeII lost chance and, as consequence, something to mod at the level you did and are doing here, revamping deeply a so old game).

Great textures too, many of them I would have seen on units I made)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Kahvipannu how do you go your work??have you added some new units for the submod? some spoiler or previews? you only have maked these units or you have more....
    To be honest, not much at all during last months. Just to take some pressure off from Lift But as he stated, ready stuff will be added to the game by him, as/if I get units done.

Have some wip units going, not going to review anything that isn't done tought, I have learned my lesson on that But I guess it is safe to show these upgraded Nubians, some changes done to them after taking these pics, but they are pretty much ready to potentially be implemented to the game:

Upgraded

Also upgraded Ghulams as a bonus:

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post

Great textures too, many of them I would have seen on units I made)
    Thanks man, I'm aware of your work too, can't but throw the compliment back at you
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; July 05, 2015 at 09:50 AM.

Kahvipannu, your units are great !

Personally I love how both templar and hospitaller knights and foot units look in the mod already... I don't like these units better. One thing that i find really ugly in lost of units its the shields. The shields the templars/hospitallers/teutonic units have at the moment in the mod are really, really nice. I don't like these because they show wood, makes it look so fragile and rudimentar... Assuming that "kingdom of heaven" movie is accurate, muslim soldiers and knights had iron/metal shields. Why then make templar with wood shield... I mean the shield can be made of wood but over it one would always cover it with something more for several reasons.

http://www.propstore.com/product-images/803/229128.jpg (no wood is shown here)
    http://i.imgur.com/sjQVHnR.jpg (isn't this one a shield made of metal?)

If this is the final work of these units then I will be really sad if you guys replace the religous units that are in the mod at the moment.

PS: teutonic units oat the moment, only the foot units look great, but the knigths are horrible, somehow whoever did it used the mercenaries german knigths horses... it looks so bad... I don't even recruit them just because of that.

Blog Entries

These units will be included in the next release, no matter what. That's true that the wooden shield isn't really accurate (at least for its external side) but I guess that it can be easily corrected.

what bothers me is that it looks so ugly... the hospitallers shields, it's just a white cross painted on top of wood.... so bad. I'm actually considering not downloading that next release.

Quote Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
    what bothers me is that it looks so ugly... the hospitallers shields, it's just a white cross painted on top of wood.... so bad. I'm actually considering not downloading that next release.
    I could replace those units in new version for you, if you want..

well of course that would be awsome but i would never consider asking anyone to do that, i have no idea how much work that means, i'm not a modder.

Blog Entries

Your choice... We can't please everyone.
    To be short, you're the only one so far who have complained about these units. Our choice is easily made.

I understand. Too be fair the elefants look really bad ass with the armour and the templar or cruzader knigths look really nice too but that's it in my opinion.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

No worries, the shields are very easy to re-skin, and the rest.

Personally I like so much what I see in "kingdom of heaven" movie that it kinda became my reference to alot of things like cruzades and religious units, as well as muslims/sarracen units. Take a look at this picture: https://markosun.files.wordpress.com..._mkv-00004.jpg

You see those huge templar shields? They are bigger then any shield any unit has in the game. Makes me wonder if, based on that, there could be a Heavy Spearmen unit for the cruzaders or templars as well., it would be kind of a bad ass unit.

Senator

Personally I like so much what I see in "kingdom of heaven" movie that it kinda became my reference to alot of things like cruzades and religious units, as well as muslims/sarracen units. Take a look at this picture: https://markosun.files.wordpress.com..._mkv-00004.jpg

You see those huge templar shields? They are bigger then any shield any unit has in the game. Makes me wonder if, based on that, there could be a Heavy Spearmen unit for the cruzaders or templars as well., it would be kind of a bad ass unit.
    I wouldn't use Kingdom of Heaven as a basis for historical accuracy, heh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I wouldn't use Kingdom of Heaven as a basis for historical accuracy, heh
    Totally agree

Just a quick example: in the movie, you can se the knights of Jerusalem in blue with yellow/golden crosses. However, I'm not even sure (to not say convinced) that they even existed. The knights who came to the Levant (except the religious orders) did wear their family coat of arms, symbols and colors.
    About that huge shield, just try to imagine fighting with such a thing. It would limit or at least slow down your movements. As far as I could find, the largest shields were actually used by missile units. One guy handling the shield as protection while the other is using his bow. And still, it was mostly used that way during sieges, not during open field battles.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 14, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

yes to be fair those shields do look pretty heavy and dificult to maneuver, but I was just imagining a unit that when shield wall mode was on they would be super shock resistant. But I guess it's kinda redundant.

Senator

The blue yellow heraldry was certainly the symbol of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and was used (I believe I read an account of a battle somewhere) by its first King, and was adopted in part by later leaders as a symbol of hope etc - but after Jerusalem was lost I don't think it was really used again except maybe for a banner. Knights would use their own heraldry, but I think there would still be a KoJ flag amongst their ranks to begin with.

I read this a long time ago and can't find a source, so you'll have to take my word for it but yes, no huge groups of units emblazoned with the blue/gold heraldry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast