Thread: How do I install? There is no setup file???

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default How do I install? There is no setup file???

Just downloaded the mod, there is nothing in the zip folder except a 'data' folder. There is no 'setup' or 'install' or other such folder. I can't see how to install the mod?

Also, I found a setup file from an earlier version of the game, I tried installing that and it installs, but then nothing happens. There is no 'start' icon or shortcut I can click to launch the game. When I try launching SS 6.4, it just takes me to the regular game, with no SSHIP installed.

I don't understand why this is happening? I looked in the SSHIP folder and I see there is no shortcut to start the game. Am I doing something wrong? Can't understand what is happening here?

I found the installation instructions in the thread at the top unhelpful and confusing... it was not clear whether the version available to download requires you to have already installed some other file of SSHIP, or not?? I found it really confusing as it says 'install to your SSHIP folder - but how is that possible, if you don't have SSHIP already installed? I can't see any other thread directing me where to download the game, so I assumed the download is to a standalone version of SSHIP? Or is that not the case?

All in all its very confusing, can someone provide a bit of clarity?

Thanks

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How do I install? There is no setup file???

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Just downloaded the mod, there is nothing in the zip folder except a 'data' folder. There is no 'setup' or 'install' or other such folder. I can't see how to install the mod?

Also, I found a setup file from an earlier version of the game, I tried installing that and it installs, but then nothing happens. There is no 'start' icon or shortcut I can click to launch the game. When I try launching SS 6.4, it just takes me to the regular game, with no SSHIP installed.

I don't understand why this is happening? I looked in the SSHIP folder and I see there is no shortcut to start the game. Am I doing something wrong? Can't understand what is happening here?

I found the installation instructions in the thread at the top unhelpful and confusing... it was not clear whether the version available to download requires you to have already installed some other file of SSHIP, or not?? I found it really confusing as it says 'install to your SSHIP folder - but how is that possible, if you don't have SSHIP already installed? I can't see any other thread directing me where to download the game, so I assumed the download is to a standalone version of SSHIP? Or is that not the case?

All in all its very confusing, can someone provide a bit of clarity?

Thanks
    I think you have missed some of the instructions and by the things you say i guess you don't have a previus SSHIP version, so read again carefully.
    I will copy-paste the instructions as posted by Lifthrasir and change/add sentences in red to make it more easy for you (i hope):

1. Install a clean version of SS6.4 into the SS6.3 folder. Run the SS6.4 setup (it is inside the SS6.3 folder) and choose Early Era campaign with Savage AI, RR/RC enabled and optionally, permanent arrows.

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST RUN THE SS6.4 SETUP BEFORE INSTALLING SSHIP. ONCE SSHIP IS INSTALLED, DO NOT EVER RUN SS6.4 SETUP AGAIN OR YOU MUST RE-INSTALL SSHIP

2. Download the SSHIP v0.8.2 full install. Extract it in a temporary folder & merge the data folder with the SS6.3 folder

3. Download the SSHIP v0.8.3. Extract it in a temporary folder & merge the data folder with the SS6.3 folder

4.a) If you have an English version, delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder. The game will regenerate them. If you're still have an German accent and you're called "my Kaiser", download and install the 2nd soundfix made by MWY and delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.

4.b) If you don't have an English version, install the sound fix in the SS6.3/data/ folder and then delete the .idx and .dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.If you're still have an German accent and you're called "my Kaiser", download and install the 2nd soundfix made by MWY and delete the idx and dat files in the SS6.3/data/sounds/ folder.
    5. Play the game!

Edit: If you don't find my instructions convinient then you should wait until Lifthrasir or MWY check your problem.
    They are more adept in solving such things..
    Last edited by Eldorien88; January 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM.
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you for your help, I got it now

It was the 'merge the data file with the Stainless Steel' that made it work. Once I copied the new files into the Stainless Steel data file and merged, I was able to play. Now I just need to dl the v.0.8.3.

Thanks again for the quick reply

Eldorien88's Avatar Miles

Glad i was Helpfull!
    Enjoy your game
    "For Our Part.. We Dreamed of Something Great.."