Thread: SSHIP 0.8.3 Map is the best. Can you make it for Attila TW ?

Default SSHIP 0.8.3 Map is the best. Can you make it for Attila TW ?

I love the map in SSHIP 0.8.3 more than any other mod - and over any other TW game, or grand strategy game for that matter. When I read that Attila will get tools that enable modification of campaign map heights and textures my first thought was I'd LOVE to see the SSHIP team do their thing with it ! Possibly jumping the gun given the game isn't out yet and the mod tools will be a few months after, but still. What do you reckon ?

Senator

Default Re: SSHIP 0.8.3 Map is the best. Can you make it for Attila TW ?

Atilla will be terrible, just like Rome II was. Why would anyone sincerely bother with it? Modded Rome and Medieval II are vastly superior than the current crap CA feeds us.

Just being able to mod the Atilla map won't mean it will stop being a terrible game. The very engine is nothing compared to what we have with this.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Maybe we should w8 for the release first...

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Atilla will be terrible, just like Rome II was. Why would anyone sincerely bother with it? Modded Rome and Medieval II are vastly superior than the current crap CA feeds us.

Just being able to mod the Atilla map won't mean it will stop being a terrible game. The very engine is nothing compared to what we have with this.
    My opinion aswell. CA ruin game series, at least for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    Maybe we should w8 for the release first...
    Release of Attila? Well it is on warscape engine, so there is no mass for soldiers, collision is dreadful, game mechanism is even more crappy, features are striped form game and then they force DLC selling to put them back in game. And so on... I dont have to wait for nothing, tho it is only my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    I love the map in SSHIP 0.8.3 more than any other mod - and over any other TW game, or grand strategy game for that matter. When I read that Attila will get tools that enable modification of campaign map heights and textures my first thought was I'd LOVE to see the SSHIP team do their thing with it ! Possibly jumping the gun given the game isn't out yet and the mod tools will be a few months after, but still. What do you reckon ?
    Medieval 2 TW awesome modding work is just an impossible dream for the new Rome 2 gamers generation.
    Last edited by rafmc1989; February 12, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Beside the fact that it becomes more and more difficult to mod the games, note that the map texture is not ours. We have used the one from TATW mod. If you want to use it, you have to ask the permission to their team.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Beside the fact that it becomes more and more difficult to mod the games, note that the map texture is not ours. We have used the one from TATW mod. If you want to use it, you have to ask the permission to their team.
    right. Ta.