Thread: Flags and Banners

Default Flags and Banners

I've noticed the screen shots of this mod and SS 6.4 having not played either...or at least not SS for years, showing the standard super high banners, that look well so crap to be frank. Im sure when i played MTW2 i either played with lovely crafted flags or very short banners!!

Flags became used by the military in the period in question and following some of the great flag mods for ETW / NTW im amazed no-ones seems to have incorporated any into this mod or indeed SS!, at least we could have small 'flag size' banners.

I've never had an issue with identifying units in battle and indeed, the chaos that would ensure SHOULD prove difficult to ID in reality, but most of all, they would just look right as the the original totem poles look wrong!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flags and Banners

It is planned to work on them but I have to finish the animations first. Then and only then, I'll see what I can do about them.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Nice one. dont have the skills myself unfortunately, but these little touches really bring a more real feel to the battle field, the flag mods for said ETW / NTW really did make a huge improvement, and as mentioned the standard totum poles i find are so distracting and over imposing.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Well, I don't want to spoil things before I'm sure they work but Kahvipannu has suggested something interesting about the battle banners. However, to do it, we need to implement the animations first. Once it's done, we will have quite some work to do the banners themselves. But if we succeed, I'm convinced that the results would be great. So for now, I would say: be patient
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Good to hear....i shall bother you no more on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Well, I don't want to spoil things before I'm sure they work but Kahvipannu has suggested something interesting about the battle banners. However, to do it, we need to implement the animations first. Once it's done, we will have quite some work to do the banners themselves. But if we succeed, I'm convinced that the results would be great. So for now, I would say: be patient
    Sounds wonderful.