Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings and Units / UI and INFO Cards

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings / Stats / UI Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XV Apollinaris View Post
    I heard of this mod, but never checked them out, because there isn't an English or German translations yet
    But i'll download it now to check out the UI cards. Maybe i'll get some inspirations?! Thank you for the info!!
    Download this submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14420015

It translates about 90% of the mod to English.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XV Apollinaris View Post
    Good idea, but there are only a few people here at TW-Center that are able to manipulate and/or create new settlement types! I really would like to see different settlement types ... a large city with an additional castle at some place or something similar would be very nice! Sad but true ... currently not possible!
    I didn't mean entire new battle settlements, although that would be fantastic. Just some new strat map models, you already have new ones in this mod, which are much better looking, especially the islamic settlements.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I think for custom battle settlements, as they're not upgradable, it would only fit for the biggest settlements already present at the campaign start (like Constantinople or Jerusalem for example). Considering that these settlements won't change a lot during the game period, it would do.

However, the point that bothers me the most is that they're not upgradable. So, the player will always get the same battle model. So, if we use such models, we would have to make them carrefully to make them suitable and accurate for SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Agreed. But the problem is, with only one available culture slot left, you could realistically only use two unique models (one huge city and 1 citadel). It wouldn't make much sense to have Constantinople anything other than a level 5 settlement. A possible workaround would be that no city or castle could be upgraded to the last level (because if you could then all your huge citites and citadels would have the same unique model). That way you could make 2 unique models for each culture. And also a large city and a fortress for the non usable culture. So these settlements would really be unique and not just in appereance.

I don't know about you, but I really hate, after 200 or so turns, seeing the map filled with huge cities and citadels. And with these changes, only those settlements which were historically unique like Constantinople or Jerusalem as you mentioned, would be level 5.

Blog Entries

Population growth is our main problem at present, especially the boost after the population has been massacred or after the plague. It needs to be adjusted. I think by adding some events or triggers, we can make that growth slower and more difficult. Note that not all settlements can reach the last level of developement in the game already. For some of them, it's already impossible.
    I'm not sure how to avoid too many citadels or huge settlements at some stages in the game. In history, some new settlements were created but unfortunately, that's something we can't represent in game due to the engine limits.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Senator

I've had campaigns last over 500 turns and have never been able to build a citadel and only a handful of huge cities. Apart from the plague thing, I think it's in a pretty good place.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Agreed. But the problem is, with only one available culture slot left, you could realistically only use two unique models (one huge city and 1 citadel). It wouldn't make much sense to have Constantinople anything other than a level 5 settlement. A possible workaround would be that no city or castle could be upgraded to the last level (because if you could then all your huge citites and citadels would have the same unique model). That way you could make 2 unique models for each culture. And also a large city and a fortress for the non usable culture. So these settlements would really be unique and not just in appereance.

I don't know about you, but I really hate, after 200 or so turns, seeing the map filled with huge cities and citadels. And with these changes, only those settlements which were historically unique like Constantinople or Jerusalem as you mentioned, would be level 5.
    jurcek1987 totally agree with you, you could create a kind of model for cities and castles of the game and can not develop (constantinopla,jerusalen,palermo,kutaisi,paris,londres,bagdad,merv,kiev,marraquech,cordoba,sevilla,praga,venecia,roma,el cairo ....) and sacrificing their level of development to be visually unique in the game, can also add additional bonuses for each of these cities and fortresses as opposed to they can not level up. These new models of capital together with the new wonders help increase submod gameplay, making it more important to preserve and conquer the most importants settlements game.
    For team members who are not seen the mod Bellum Crucis, I recommend that you see him in and take note of the things that most interest you to improve sship. You can improve aspects such as music or icons of the cities where he was working apollinaris ...
    another important point I would like you you have in mind is the issue referred to the generals, their icons in battle and on the map, I think you should make new models and differentiate more among themselves and the SS in general, different models of general Nordic example, the Moors, Mongols, Russians, Germans, Italians, Lithuanians, Spanish ... and finally though you were so kind to me I want you developed a unit for "Spanish tercios" with typical morrión and pikes of their time, these units fascinate me and in my opinion was one of the best units in the world at the beginning of the renaissance ... would create some Spanish units to distinguish them more, because the units that have are currently very generic one another and too boring ...
    I hope not to bore you too hehe, I just want to contribute to the improvement of this wonderful submod !!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I've had campaigns last over 500 turns and have never been able to build a citadel and only a handful of huge cities. Apart from the plague thing, I think it's in a pretty good place.
    My point applies more to the AI than the player. On VH difficulty the AI receives growth bonuses (among others). In my last campaign, I looked around the map using toggle_fow cheat and I saw a bunch of citadels. And that was around 1300.

By disabling the last upgrade level and having only a handful huge cities and citadels (prefferably with a custom strat map model) fom the start would add a much needed variety to late games imo.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    These new models of capital together with the new wonders help increase submod gameplay, making it more important to preserve and conquer the most importants settlements game.
    Exactly. This way the really important settlements (like Rome, Constantinople, Venice, Jerusalem....) stay unique even in late games.

My point applies more to the AI than the player. On VH difficulty the AI receives growth bonuses (among others). In my last campaign, I looked around the map using toggle_fow cheat and I saw a bunch of citadels. And that was around 1300.

By disabling the last upgrade level and having only a handful huge cities and citadels (prefferably with a custom strat map model) fom the start would add a much needed variety to late games imo.

Exactly. This way the really important settlements (like Rome, Constantinople, Venice, Jerusalem....) stay unique even in late games.
    This add more gameplay and the submod would be more realistic and it would have more history...for example a disadvantage of bellum crucis is that when you spend more turns(about 200 turns) the most cities and castles of the mod are huge cities and citadels!!! this happen when in the mod is the 1250-1300) this fact is really bad and hate it!
    i think that would be a great advance in the submod respect other mod and for the submod gameplay.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

If the ai growth bonuses only apply in VH mode then its just those that need tweaking? I've played a couple of campaigns for about 300 turns on hard and there weren't citadels or huge cities everywhere - in fact there weren't even many 4th tier cities around (except for the ones that were there at the start of the game.

I agree that historically large cities should have extra importance in the game, but between 1100 and 1500 several places developed into large cities, so it should be possible for some places to grow quite a bit.

Cities right now grow mostly somewhat historically accurate, sometimes still a bit too fast.

Still you dont see the map flooded with huge cities and citadels...

In my VH testgame right now, turn 200, huge settlements are:
    Historically accurate huge cities: Paris, Venice, Sevilla, Fes, Marrakesh, Cairo, Damietta, Baghdad, Isfahan, Merv, Constantinople, Palermo
    Historically accurate citadels: Granada, Toledo, prague, Tbilisi, Aleppo, Acre, Kayseri
    Historically inaccurate huge cities: -
    Historically inaccurate citadels: Wroclaw

So 20/200 with 1 having historically not accurate sizes. Seems kinda okay doesn't it?

And why in the world would we cut 2 building levels just to keep some cities unique? That doesnt make sense at all.

I would rather try to make cities develop uniquely, which is kinda hard to do but still a much better solution...

Unique strat map models would be good and f.e. necessary for venice right now, but I cant implement them since I reached the maximum amount of different cultures or settlements on the map. Adding more would make other strat map models bug around, so I would have to delete a whole other culture to add some unique settlements. I've tried it.

Blog Entries

As I mentioned before, the "biggest issue" with the growth is that it goes too fast after a massacre or the plague. It might be adjusted in general by some specific events but it will mostly stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY
    Unique strat map models would be good and f.e. necessary for venice right now, but I cant implement them since I reached the maximum amount of different cultures or settlements on the map. Adding more would make other strat map models bug around, so I would have to delete a whole other culture to add some unique settlements. I've tried it.
    There might be another option for that but it's too early to talk about it. I need to make some research and test before I can say it's possible or not

Download this submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14420015

It translates about 90% of the mod to English.
    Thank you
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

apollinaris and lifthrasir, you release your upgrade and improves here in tihis post??it is for look us your work
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

There are several threads to show previews, depending on the subject. They are updated depending on what we can show you

Here a small preview for the new building info cards ...

Not optimized yet, but showing you how the farms+1 will look like!
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

it is a really good look!!! the submod is progressing much!!!show us all the progress that you have,please
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Looking really good - are you intending to do the scroll for every building in the game? I think its good to have consistency throughout. Also, are you planning on doing any unit cards? In my opinion some of the current unit cards could be improved to make them look more professional and more consistent - many of the Russian and Serbian unit cards for instance.

Senator

Incidentally, if you guys need descriptions writing for some buildings that didn't have descriptions before, I'd be happy to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh36 View Post
    Looking really good - are you intending to do the scroll for every building in the game? I think its good to have consistency throughout. Also, are you planning on doing any unit cards? In my opinion some of the current unit cards could be improved to make them look more professional and more consistent - many of the Russian and Serbian unit cards for instance.
    That's the plan but due to the amount of units (nearly 500), it will take time and probably not all unit cards will be done for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin
    Incidentally, if you guys need descriptions writing for some buildings that didn't have descriptions before, I'd be happy to do it.
    Many thanks for your offer. I'll let Legio XV Apollinaris answer to you if he needs help on that topic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast