Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings and Units / UI and INFO Cards

Default Re: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings / Stats / UI Cards

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Bellum Crucis is one of the most ambitious and complex MTW2 mods that I've seen, but from what I understand they don't allow anyone access to their work. Which is hypocritical because most of their Byzantine units are from Broken Crescent...

Oh, and these pics are gorgeous
    it's wrong!you must known that none of their units of byzantium are from broken crecent,even i like broken crecent units.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    it's wrong!you must known that none of their units of byzantium are from broken crecent,even i like broken crecent units.
    This is really not the place to discuss this but it's clear they borrowed units from Broken Crescent. They just made some changes to the colours and switched helmets and armour around. Kontratatoi pikemen are exactly the same only with different colour, Companions of the Basileus are Spatharioi Emperor's Guard with different shields, Heavy Spearmen are slightly different Skoutatoi and the Varangians, although their skin is quite different, are based on Broken Crescent's because it's only mod that (incorrectly) show's them with a shield and an axe. Which is stupid because it would be impossible to wield that big axe with one hand and even their description says they're "superb two handed axemen" .

And I really don't care that they borrowed units, I just don't like their attitude of denying other mods permission to use their work because it makes them hypocrites. Regardless of this I believe that Bellum Cruscis is a fine mod with a great concept and enormous amount of detail, thoughexecution leaves a lot to be desired. Personally I prefer SS because it's more polished and a lot more balanced.

awesome work!
    and +1 rep

and i want to know what software do you use?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987
    This is really not the place to discuss this...
    That's correct. This thread is made to let Legio XV Apollinaris show his work and to get your feelings/constructive critics. For other topics, there's the "General Discussion" thread especially dedicated for that.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Personally I prefer SS because it's more polished and a lot more balanced.
    totally agree!!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's the plan but due to the amount of units (nearly 500), it will take time and probably not all unit cards will be done for the next release.
    Many of the unit cards are already very good (Venetian heavy archers and Scots guard for instance), so unless Appollinaris' unit cards have a very different style, not all 500 unit cards necessarily need re-making.

Blog Entries

Agree. However if we want to keep them on the same "model", we have to be sure that they have the same size (unit inside the card), same quality, and so on... So, even if Legio XV doesn't need to re-do all of them entirely, he will probably need to check them all somehow anyway.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh36 View Post
    Looking really good - are you intending to do the scroll for every building in the game? I think its good to have consistency throughout. Also, are you planning on doing any unit cards? In my opinion some of the current unit cards could be improved to make them look more professional and more consistent - many of the Russian and Serbian unit cards for instance.
    Thank you Jimmeh36! Yes, the scroll will replace all building info cards in the game, also the vanilla ones. Currently i test my 60+ finished UI and INFO cards in-game. Some of them still need to be tweaked before for the next patch. About the consistency ... that's my main goal here ... providing much more detailed UI cards for almost every building.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Incidentally, if you guys need descriptions writing for some buildings that didn't have descriptions before, I'd be happy to do it.
    Thank you for your offer Larkin. At the moment i can't tell you anything exactly ... the descriptions will be the last part for the new buildings! I am not a native English speaker, so my knowledge is restricted. I'll inform you right after the i start to work on the descriptions!

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    awesome work!
    and +1 rep

and i want to know what software do you use?
    Thank you very much for the rep umbracatervae777! ... Only Adobe Photoshop used here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh36 View Post
    Many of the unit cards are already very good (Venetian heavy archers and Scots guard for instance), so unless Appollinaris' unit cards have a very different style, not all 500 unit cards necessarily need re-making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Agree. However if we want to keep them on the same "model", we have to be sure that they have the same size (unit inside the card), same quality, and so on... So, even if Legio XV doesn't need to re-do all of them entirely, he will probably need to check them all somehow anyway.
    I concentrate my work actually only on the new building cards, but new Unit UI as well as INFO cards are the next thing on my to do list! But here, i still will wait until all new units are implement into SSHIP. I also agree here with you, some of the vanilla UI cards are still looking very good ... so not all UI cards will get a face-lift.. only will make sure they all will look in the same way ... consistency also here!

Main focus will be the new INFO cards. Most of the vanilla ones didn't show the right unit as well as most of info images variate in size!
    The new info cards will show you the correct unit in-game, all in the same size and with a lot of different borders around the images. The borders will also reflect the units main culture. There will be different border styles for the middle eastern factions ... more arabic / oriental in style.

Here a small preview from the new UNIT INFO CARDS for the western (northen / southern european) factions ...

On the images above you see mainly the new units from GeMiNi][Sandy. Only the Fyrd Spearmen are from Lord Hamilton. Please notice the different borders ...

UPDATE: May 09, 2015
    See 1st post ...
    Last edited by Legio XV Apollinaris; May 09, 2015 at 06:05 AM.
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

Default Re: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings and Units / UI and INFO Cards

Very pleased the progress you guys are making with this project.

The artwork in the O/P is really excellent

(but please ditch the fyrd spearmen, they were ordinary spear militia / levy spears. The fyrd was an anglo-saxon thing.
    The fyrd would consist of the already existing spearmen, there's no special category of fyrd spearmen.
    The units is basically redundant. The Normans rarely called them out, they couldn't be raised in the Danelaw and wouldn't be recruitable anywhere outside England anyway.)

Blog Entries

About the Fyrd Spearmen, I agree. It seems that they were mostly used during the Viking raids to protect the settlements (mostly from 9th to 11th century). I couldn't find relevant sources of the use of them after the battle of Hastings (1066 AD). It seems that when the Normans started ruling England and brought the feodal system, the Fyrd weren't used anymore or only in very rare and local opportunities.

Sship team, do you know something about apollinaris's work? About new building and units cards? I tell this because we don't know nothing since four months...
    Any news?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Unfortunately not. No news for a while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123