Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

Default (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

https://youtu.be/DXX7fyoPxcg?t=615 So that's confirmed, and it's good news because AJ was one of the few detracting reviewers which agreed with the community about Rome 2(because he understands TW more than most it would seem): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QK-lcW8a8

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

I hope CA gets a good spokesperson cuz they're about to get grilled! I just hope Joe wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Default Re: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I hope CA gets a good spokesperson cuz they're about to get grilled! I just hope Joe wouldn't hesitate to do so.
    The way he treated the guys at Paradox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGZZ3QDth4 there seems me may not. Even if Joe says the game looks awesome I'm still not preordering though. Just can't this time.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Even if Joe says the game looks awesome I'm still not preordering though. Just can't this time.
    Rome 2 looked awesome pre-release. That's not what I would use as a proof for change. In fact, after what he saw in E3, Angry Joe seemed to be quite enthusiastic about it.. If they end up showing something to the public, I imagine that for now we would just be able to see how they have adressed some of the new gamechanging stuff, such as flying units, magic and heroes, as well as see the general art direction to confirm wheter it is just a TW clone or a completelly new beast.

Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3
    Honestly, I've never been a fan of Angry Joe myself, although at least I imagine we can all agree that he seems to be honest, so I'd rather have the news from him than from... say... Al Bickham. So it's good news that Joe is going to be there.

The way he treated the guys at Paradox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGZZ3QDth4 there seems me may not.
    I am positively surprised at the honesty of the Paradox guys. Really. Developers are scared to admit their mistakes... well they did in that video and I don't know about you but I don't respect them any less, if anything I regard them higher for having the guts to put themselves in front of the camera and acknowledging the reasons why they ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Rome 2 looked awesome pre-release. That's not what I would use as a proof for change. In fact, after what he saw in E3, Angry Joe seemed to be quite enthusiastic about it.. If they end up showing something to the public, I imagine that for now we would just be able to see how they have adressed some of the new gamechanging stuff, such as flying units, magic and heroes, as well as see the general art direction to confirm wheter it is just a TW clone or a completelly new beast.
    Yah, all these new things just begs for more explanation and demonstration. Even going off Joe's impressions won't be enough. Honestly the only thing that might convince a preorder is Joe or some other pretty trusted community member having beta/alpha access or something for about a week to suss out anything glaring that CA managed to let through.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Angry Joe myself, although at least I imagine we can all agree that he seems to be honest, so I'd rather have the news from him than from... say... Al Bickham. So it's good news that Joe is going to be there.
    That's my main thing I like about him, that's he's honest. I never found him terribly enthralling otherwise, but I love how brazenly honest he is.

I am positively surprised at the honesty of the Paradox guys. Really. Developers are scared to admit their mistakes... well they did in that video and I don't know about you but I don't respect them any less, if anything I regard them higher for having the guts to put themselves in front of the camera and acknowledging the reasons why they ed up.
    Yep, I think Paradox and Obsidian are some of the most passionate true 'gamer' types who love games and make them for hte sake of the games, but also understand it's also a business and they're more successfully balancing that better than anyone else at the moment.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    The way he treated the guys at Paradox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGZZ3QDth4 there seems me may not. Even if Joe says the game looks awesome I'm still not preordering though. Just can't this time.
    I was actually referring to an interview like the one you linked (evil laugh). Discussing about why they failed, the stripped out features etc etc. Oh I cant wait to see the look on their faces if those questions popped out . If I again, heard one say "it's a complicated game" I might flip my table instantly . Then again, lets see if they are willing for a timey interview first just like what Joe did to paradox.
    Last edited by Garensterz; May 29, 2015 at 08:34 AM.

Never mind going to watch their video and asking them questions atE3. 1 person and 1 person only should buy this game when it's released. They should then post videos of them playing it on the youtube. Then if it is shite, which it probably will be, no one else should buy it. The CA will lose a load of money and hopefully learn their feckin' lesson.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    The CA will lose a load of money and hopefully learn their feckin' lesson.
    Honestly, I see nothing in that sentence happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    1 person and 1 person only should buy this game when it's released.
    Who? Is there anyone that can be trusted to give an unbias and objective opinion?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I wanna volunteer for the job! I'm heavily biased, but then again the gameplay would be on youtube for all to see and judge.

In my opinión Angry Joe is sincere when making criticism for good or for bad things. Another question is if he is allowed to see how the game really works.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

TotalBiscuit said he's interested in the product but Sega still owes him an apology.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    In my opinión Angry Joe is sincere when making criticism for good or for bad things. Another question is if he is allowed to see how the game really works.
    You're right, that's another matter entirely. AngryJoe did not predict Rome 2's awful launch because he was fooled like everyone else. The few builds of the game he saw and got his hands on probably didn't showcase all the game-breaking bugs R2TW would have at launch.
    Hiding game development delays and problems from the press and the public is actually quite common in the industry. An even better example than R2TW would be BF4's launch. Every youtuber and game journalist out there was singing the praises of the game before launch because the Beta builds they played with at E3 were bug-free and stable, unlike the released game.

Joe's videos on Warhammer TW will be a good opportunity to get a first look at the game (the units, the textures, gameplay, etc). However, it probably won't tell us anything about the actual quality of the game itself or its lack of bugs. I don't see a company like CA being transparent about something like this.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

I wish games beta tested publicly still...remember those days?
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    They still do, but mostly just F2P games. Most companies rely mostly on overinflated hype to sell games these days, and open betas can kill hype.

That said, just last week I played the Heroes of the Storm open beta and CA's own "closed" Arena alpha. There are mainly 2 types of betas, those meant to find bugs, that are normally handed to active members of the community who contribute to the process (that is, people who actually play the beta to test and report issues rather than to satiate their thirst to play the game) and then there are the "sever load" betas, which are sent to large amounts of testers not expecting any feedback in return but to see how the servers behave. Most of the people who want open betas are not precisely the contributive kind of player, and the server load betas are normally limited to huge multiplayer games with plenty of people plaiyng at the same time on the same server. So no, I don't think we'll be seeing an open beta for a paid Total War anytime soon, but as you can see, they probably have their reasons to do so.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 05, 2015 at 05:41 PM.

I guess but there comes a point in time when betas help. The move to active community members make sense but still, mass testing always helped.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    It is still done today, only difference is that the beta comes at full price.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Exactly, that way they don't care if the beta kills the player's hype or not, since he has already paid for the game.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 06, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Good point. But will this Warhammer release suffer if it comes out like RTWII? Or will they still sell shed loads so it doesn't matter?
    What I mean is Sega/CA screwed up with RTWII, either Sega's deadline was unrealistic, and or CA were not competent in the games construction scheduling and testing.
    If an open beta was heavily bugged for Warhammer, would this leak out against the game, is that a fear they have?

I get the idea that in the first days of release these companies are looking for the largest sales targets they can get, so do they ultimately care as long as get these sale targets? Do they really care about the damage done to their reputations?
    Has there being/will there be a actual negative financial hit upon Sega/CA because of RTWII, including perspective early sales targets for Warhammer?

The only point I can make from a common sense perspective, is that considering this new Warhammer release has an awful lot of planned DLC for it, that another buggy release could have a substantially negative effect on future DLC sales, if people are put off by the games initial release.

To some up; have Sega/CA learned/had to learn from RTWII's release? We will only really know by them releasing proper Beta for testing, and or the games actual release?
    But one has to add that so far it's not just RTWII that was buggy, but in my view several of their initial main releases were inadequately tested, so they don't seem to care, or learn, and we get the same old hype spin prior to release, so why should this time be any different, not withstanding common sense of course?
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; June 06, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

Have they learned? I doubt they have. Seriously. We've seen a growing trend of companies not giving a crap about what they put out because people will buy it. (Thanks EA) and we're going to buy it because we have the hope that it isn't as bad as people say. Have they learned? No. Will it come up in a marketing meeting? a strategy meeting? Yeah absolutely but the men behind the desks of Sega are going to demand the same outcome with profit, they don't give a damn as long as we buy.

Warhammer will either be a glorious triumph or a infamous disaster and I hope Games Workshop is really pushing Sega and CA to do something because with the way GW is going these days, short of the book sales going through Black Library, this can be their last hope for reviving a dying franchise due to freaken outrageous prices for models.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but it's just realistic.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast