Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    crazii sounds like he's trying to talk about AJ like he's supposed to be on the frontier or something of reviewing and we should feel bad being curious what he'll find at E3. It's not really on topic anyway and I'd be more curious to know what other trusted press is going to be there.
    no, more like why we shouldn't take him seriously at all. don't use him as something you are going to base your purchase decisions on. you are better off watching people like darren(before he joined ca) or lionheart to get a better idea of a tw game. david, you do like to hyperbole alot to be honest, any walk/playthrough on twitch and you can ask live questions.

@pony I never say anything about professional reviewers. tw games are too big for those. they never finish even 1 campaign I bet. watch day 1 twitch live streams. your best bet. AJ provides comedy, in a style I don't care for, but it might suit your tastes, just don't go around calling him a reviewer, or one that matters. only person I trust as an overall reviewer is total biscuit I don't agree with him on everything, but I still trust him, that says alot. I liked darren, but he joined ca, so I lost a good tw expert game reviewer.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Default Re: (At least) Angry Joe is Going to a Warhammer Demo from CA at E3, post other confirmations here!

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    no, more like why we shouldn't take him seriously at all. don't use him as something you are going to base your purchase decisions on. you are better off watching people like darren(before he joined ca) or lionheart to get a better idea of a tw game. david, you do like to hyperbole alot to be honest, any walk/playthrough on twitch and you can ask live questions.
    We're still going to listen to him since he seems sensible enough in the rome 2.review and actually has access. We don't care if you think our assessment of him is overrated/hyperbole or something (it's not IMO).He's one of the few major outlets I trust and others as well to give a semblance of an accurate description of the demo.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    We're still going to listen to him since he seems sensible enough in the rome 2.review and actually has access. We don't care if you think our assessment of him is overrated/hyperbole or something (it's not IMO).He's one of the few major outlets I trust and others as well to give a semblance of an accurate description of the demo.
    have you seen his other reviews? on other games? or past tw games?

I don't think you understood what I meant by my "hyperbole" statement, not about to explain it either but I can see that I am stepping on toes with my opinion of him. I will leave this thread alone simply because you think his rome 2 review was "sensible" or any of his reviews for that matter. gl hf.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Lol, I thought this was about an interview with CA at E3 and not about game reviews? Like David the Duke said, correct me if I'm wrong but for now AJ's the only the spokes person for the TW community for the interview with CA. AJ already did this with paradox where AJ brings up the most wanted questions from the paradox community, which I find the interview went well and clarifies some controversial topics about paradox as a company and so on so forth. Hopefully his interview with CA would be similar with his recent interview with paradox.

I don't think you understood what I meant by my "hyperbole" statement, not about to explain it either but I can see that I am stepping on toes with my opinion of him. I will leave this thread alone simply because you think his rome 2 review was "sensible" or any of his reviews for that matter. gl hf.
    I've only ever seen the Rome 2 one and some of the Shogun 2 one, and only found him because of his rome 2 review after I also agreed with him it was horrible. Me and him agreed on that and I found many of his dispositions with the game similar to mine. He isn't as much of a TW vet as me but you haven't even given specific examples of why he wouldn't be a relevant voice to listen to about the Warhammer TW title and at least a general idea of what to expect from it. There's nothing in his Rome 2 review I found glaringly wrong really at all, I figure he's mostly a well meaning source for information about WH:TW.

Displaying a disinterested, slight contempt for any who might appreciate his depiction isn't an argument for why we shouldn't. Have fun in your ivory tower, I'll stay down here and try to glean any information for WH based on information alone not on opinions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Lol, I thought this was about an interview with CA at E3 and not about game reviews? Like David the Duke said, correct me if I'm wrong but for now AJ's the only the spokes person for the TW community for the interview with CA. AJ already did this with paradox where AJ brings up the most wanted questions from the paradox community, which I find the interview went well and clarifies some controversial topics about paradox as a company and so on so forth. Hopefully his interview with CA would be similar with his recent interview with paradox.
    Exactly, AJ would be at least an honest (if sometimes bombastic and over the top) interviewer which might can jam in some hard hitting questions that CA will probably political-speak dodge anyway. He seems genuinely honest and passionate if a little spread out and not enough of a specific-genre expert. Actually since I figure CA won't really answer besides side stepping for the most part I wish he'd just ask gameplay questions but I think he's gonna try to pull another paradox interview, so I guess good luck with that

What I'm really hoping for is that CA has decided to show the demo to the public instead of keeping it behind closed doors because the community at large is always a better judge than second hand stories.

I regularly check out some of his reviews on games I have an interest in. I don't really understand why you have such a low opinion of him. Usually, when there is something wrong with a game, he says it in a very vocal way. This is a huge contrast to other game reviewers and journalists out there who are always very prompt to sing the praises of AAA titles but rarely speak up when the game is flawed.

For instance, Rome 2 was an unmitigated disaster at launch, and he said so in his review of the game. The same can be said for Battlefield 4, Elder Scrolls Online, etc.

Another example would be Battlefront 3, with a huge list of features cut from Battlefront 2. Every single youtuber and game reviewer out there is jumping on the hype train for this game. And Angryjoe is the only one to remain rational and objective towards this future game.

His reviews are by no means perfect, but when a game is broken or limited or even just lazy, he always says so. I think that's why so many of us value his opinion concerning Total War Warhammer. He is a total war fan that was hugely disappointed by R2TW, just like us. And you can be sure he won't let anything slide when reviewing TW Warhammer at E3.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This is coming from TotalWar's twitter, so I will honestly take those words with a pinch of salt.

In any case, Angry Joe was as mindblown when he first saw Rome 2, so go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    This is coming from TotalWar's twitter, so I will honestly take those words with a pinch of salt.

Everyone was, friend.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skowdey View Post
    Everyone was, friend.
    Well, indeed, myself included. That's why I think people should stay calm and not jump into the hype wagon. Yet.

Valve's new refund policy.

Best wishes,
    Steve

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shunwick View Post
    Valve's new refund policy.

Best wishes,
    Steve
    It's not so much the concern about my wallet as the concern about the future of the series. I got Rome 2 for around 20 € at release. That's 3 cubalibres, I just need to get out 3 hours later than usual a single Friday to recover from the expense.

In the other hand, if they see their questionable (as of today) marketing strategies working, they have no reason to modify them.

Valve refund will probably help though, but I don't think it will be enough. I have yet to learn how the system works in any case.

That's 3 cubalibres, I just need to get out 3 hours later than usual a single Friday to recover from the expense.
    Hehe that's a nice way of seeing things.

But I agree with your point. Valve's refund policies are almost irrelevant. I don't really care if I have the ability to be reimbursed for a bad game. I would much rather have the assurance that the game will be good and polished no matter what!

It's a bit like hearing the typical argument in defense of a bad product: "if you don't like it, then don't buy it and shut your mouth". Hell no! I certainly won't buy a bad game, but I will also rant against said bad game. I care about this franchise and I want nothing but the best for it, literally. The customers need to complain as loud as they can against shady business practices and bad product releases. Give bad products enough bad publicity and soon enough the bad products should be replaced by good products.

Well, indeed, myself included. That's why I think people should stay calm and not jump into the hype wagon. Yet.
    I'd imagine Joe was impressed with the Rome 2 demos too. I mainly see him as a conduit for finding anything terribly wrong until we actually see gameplay ourselves.

It's not so much the concern about my wallet as the concern about the future of the series. I got Rome 2 for around 20 € at release. That's 3 cubalibres, I just need to get out 3 hours later than usual a single Friday to recover from the expense.

In the other hand, if they see their questionable (as of today) marketing strategies working, they have no reason to modify them.

Valve refund will probably help though, but I don't think it will be enough. I have yet to learn how the system works in any case.
    This will increase the pressure on CA (and on the main culprit to most TW's woes, Sega) to release better products than in the past. They can't get away with selling massive amounts of pre-ordered, faulty videogames anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    This will increase the pressure on CA (and on the main culprit to most TW's woes, Sega) to release better products than in the past. They can't get away with selling massive amounts of pre-ordered, faulty videogames anymore.
    At the very least it's going to let me get the preorder bonus and just not play the game for a day so I know the rest of the community thinks it's up to snuff.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, it appears you can't play the game for more than two hours before refunding it, so we'll see how much that helps.

Well, it appears you can't play the game for more than two hours before refunding it, so we'll see how much that helps.
    I'm not going to play it more than that and just wait a day for anything egregious to be found. I'll probably spend the first two hours just doing a few custom battles and trying out the siege AI or whatever that kind of thing will entail. It'll just be another day or so I'll wait, I'll just watch some lets plays or something.

All this talk back and forth can be solved very easy.
    Don't preorder the game.

2 days later you can start seeing if it's good or you wait for a sale.

I mean come on....CA games are never good without mods and for this one modding will be very hard.
    I've a bad feeling about this.

I found out about that tweet because Angry Joe retweeted it himself.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast