Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Units of karaislam could be implemented for rum selyuk for instead(they are really good look units)..it would have more variety for muslim factions
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

yeah well, that's like just my opinion man, quality is not everything (for me atleast) ex: i like more the roman units from De Bello Mundi than those in rome 2 even if rome2 ones are much more detailed

i never said current models are better than yours, i said they are not better, in other words they are on same level

your units are better than SS 6.4, but not better than BC ones which this submods uses

nobody is bashing your work here m8, these are our opinions

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

ok man.i respect all the ideas.good playing with the broken crescent units.

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Please Add more unit variety to the Islamic factions (especially Fatimid and Moors). They're so underpowered

I think that for hungarian unit roster or their lands/territory should have mercenary cumans,because they were pretty important in their armies and hungarian population
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I think that for hungarian unit roster or their lands/territory should have mercenary cumans,because they were pretty important in their armies and hungarian population
    I might be wrong but I think this is not true before the 13th century
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    And Lifth is possible add this type of mercenaries in these lands,and also bulgarians mercenaries( i guess that only bulgarian brigands is very few bulgarians mercenaries when they were also pretty important)Only mercenaries as maceman,spearmen or crossbowmen are boring and have few variety, mercenaries more especific about their regions or more uniques would be awesome and more realistic and historically correct(in general all regions)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; November 17, 2015 at 04:32 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Not in a short term period because it requieres research, models and textures creation and implementation. Don't get me wrong: I think that representing some factions by mercenaries would be good but it will take time.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Not in a short term period because it requieres research, models and textures creation and implementation. Don't get me wrong: I think that representing some factions by mercenaries would be good but it will take time.
    Of course Lifth,is a very well idea represent some factions that can not be represented due to limitation factions for some mercenary units, i guess that all players would be happy hehehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I have a radical idea. Could we implement some of the material from the Kingdoms expansion into the game? In the Britannia Campaign, the Welsh were a playable faction with their own unique units. Could we port these over to SSHIP and have them as rebel units in Wales? It's a small touch, but it would make my England campaign a lot more fun

While we're at it, perhaps we could do the same for the Irish assets as well.

LATE 14TH CENTURY
    woooowww like and faap!!!hehehe wonderful knight!!!!!!!!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

AND MORE IMAGES ABOUT MIDDLE AGE AND REINASSANCE...

SPANISHS CONQUERORS

HANDGUNNERS S.XIV

S.XV KNIGHTS

DANISH AND GERMAN TROOPS S.XIII
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jiang Wei's Avatar Foederatus

Many of them sought asylum in Hungary after the Mongol invasion in 1237. Before that Pechenegs should be recruitable as mercs in Hungary and then replaced by Cumans in 13th century. But Hungary's own professional HA unit should be the Szekely cavalry.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    They should not be mercenaries but recruitable troops.

During the Russian campaign, the Mongols drove the Cumans west of the Carpathian Mountains. There, the Cumans appealed to King Béla IV of Hungary for protection. In the Kingdom of Hungary, Cumans created two regions named Nagykunság and Little Cumania(Kiskunság), both located the Great Hungarian Plain. Here, the Cumans maintained their autonomy, language and some ethnic customs but they were ingrained into the feudal system the moment they settled in and thus, owed allegiance to the king of Hungary.

According to Pálóczi's estimation originally 70-80,000 Cumans settled in Hungary but that is probably exaggerated.

After the Mongol invasion of Hungary, King Béla IV, invited thousands of Cumans and smaller group of Jazyges back to Hungary to settle in areas of the Great Hungarian Plain depopulated by Mongol invasions that would become Kunság and Jazygia. An area between Szolnok and Debrecen became Greater Cumania (Nagykunság) while an area between the Kalocsa and Szeged became Little Cumania (Kiskunság). In exchange for military service to the Hungarian king and an incorporation into the royal forces of the king(something which did not go so well with the local nobility). The Cumans were allowed to keep their own hierarchy but they were required to settle permanently and convert to Christianity. Bela even betrothed his son Stephen to the daughter of the Cuman khan, (renamed to)Elizabeth, the same Elizabeth, known as "the Cuman", who became Queen consort of Stephen V of Hungary and also the ruling regent of Hungary during the minority of her son. Ladislaus IV, also commonly known as "the Cuman" in 1272-1277.

They were the farthest thing from a mercenary as they could be.

The easiest way to do this is to give a part of the Cuman unit roster to Hungary after the 1240s, either that, or somehow script it so Hungary gets to recruit Cuman troops whenever Cumans are destroyed as a faction.
    Last edited by +Marius+; November 18, 2015 at 01:39 PM.

Yes, I totally agree with Marius on this one! Cumans should be recruitable troops for Hungary (not mercenaries as I stated earlier). Or maybe even both? Unfortunately, there's been little interest from no one to make a historically accurate, realistic roster for Hungary since the days of Magyar mod.

Excuse me for the abrut subject change. I've read that sometimes in melee fights 'regular infantery' units would throw things at the enemy lines while charging or during the melee fight. This things would be usually any kind of stuff that could harm the enemy, like for example 'small' javelins, javelins, axes and heavy objects. I have even seen an ilustration of a knight trowing a mace (at very short range).
    My question is (if it is not historically incorrect) if it would be possible to implement this into the Sship mod. And if it would even be mechanically possible.
    It would be something like, for example, a men at arms unit has the ability to throw one volley of 'stuff' to an enemy unit at very short range or even when already engaged in a fight with it.

Quote Originally Posted by z0quete View Post
    Excuse me for the abrut subject change. I've read that sometimes in melee fights 'regular infantery' units would throw things at the enemy lines while charging or during the melee fight. This things would be usually any kind of stuff that could harm the enemy, like for example 'small' javelins, javelins, axes and heavy objects. I have even seen an ilustration of a knight trowing a mace (at very short range).
    My question is (if it is not historically incorrect) if it would be possible to implement this into the Sship mod. And if it would even be mechanically possible.
    It would be something like, for example, a men at arms unit has the ability to throw one volley of 'stuff' to an enemy unit at very short range or even when already engaged in a fight with it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4GJaE13gw&t=1m25s

Blog Entries

Thanks for your inputs guys. So, I was right to say that they shouldn't be available before the 13th century. In that case, I agree that some Cuman units should be recruitable by Hungaria if the Cuman faction is destroyed. Scripting is MWY' stuff. So let's wait for his opinion to see if it's possible to do it in a simple way.

My pleasure, Lift. Thanx for the rep, man. Hungary is such an unique faction and it's good to see that you have the will to present it in an accurate way. I'm working myself too to make a whole new roster for Hungary in our own little project with Kong Ming. But let's see if we ever get it done.

Blog Entries

No problem
    There are several rosters that need to be implemented. Hungary is just one of them