Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Lift, I can't belive you accept such doubtful solution What Marius shown is just a speculation, and most propably just a version of greek cross, used by Templars, and of course, Lazarus Knights Maltese cross was used by Lazarus and Hospitaller Knights from ~XVIth century I thougt that you're a leader of Historical Improvement Project

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Well, if you read carefully my post, I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    That can be the solution
    That means: I'll think about it

It doesn't mean: I'll do it

Beside that, can you explain why it is "doubtful"?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well, it would be doubtful because graphics shown by Marius didn't proof that Maltese cross was used by Lazarus Knights at the timeframe of your mod

Blog Entries

True but that cross is at least closer to our starting date than the Maltese one.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes, but on Kahvi's textures there is Maltese one These are not the same crosses.

Blog Entries

Yes I know

Unless I'm wrong, +Marius+ suggestion is to use the cross he posted to replace the Maltese one. That would be easy as we just need to remove the pikes at the end of each branch of the Maltese cross. That would avoid to re-do the whole texture.

Yes, that would be much better

Friends i have found a "bug", this is unhistorical about Aragon, their units(sandys models) have same shields and officers have same banners how castille and leon, this is incorrect, aragon should be have own banners, differents of castille, here give some information to sship team and support historical information.

ARAGON ARMY...(COMPOSITION OF CASTILIAN ARMY WERE SAME ARMY BUT WITH DIFFERENTS BANNERS)

about almoghavars could make more on less as this figures for sandys model? and also put as secondary weapon a great knife called "coltell" with big attack body to body...

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Not a bug. Sandy's models don't exist for Aragon. As temporary solution, I've used the Leonese textures until the Aragon one are done

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not a bug. Sandy's models don't exist for Aragon. As temporary solution, I've used the Leonese textures until the Aragon one are done
    Ok Lifth i hope that new banners for aragon will be soon, it is irritating see flags with symbols of castille and leon with aragon faction, at least for officers with flags could make aragon flags and banners...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Are some units for norway and denmark finished ? if yes, can we see them ?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

another general "problem" is that all western units have shields with heralldic symbols on them. When i made the shield patterns and were imported on DLV mod i made the peasant units and the militias ( except the ones from italic factions that were somewhat more urban and have symbol of theire town that was proud of ) have shields with general faction colours only, without any kind of heralldy. only knights and upgrate units must have distinguished symbols. Maybe, for gameplay shake some segeants and men at arms also.

Blog Entries

Yep, agree. Also, DLV doesn't have the same factions as SSHIP. For instance, Pisa or Aragon don't exist in DLV. As a temporary solution, I've used Genoan textures for Pisa and Leon Castill one for Aragon. But this is not correct.
    It is listed in my never ending list of "Things to be done for yesterday"

haha! i know the feeling! i can make patterns for those factions since i found the file tamplets from the other factions shields patterns. but not before christmas for sure. Pisa and aragon you want?

Blog Entries

Well, if you can add Serbia to the list, that would be wonderful (if it is not asking too much)

serbia at least the early ones should be almost par with the byzantines. Highy era knights must be westernized. I Change the byzantines statiotae textures already to be a mixture of local byzantines, serbians, armenians and bulgarians, since the late era was highly consisted by mercenaries. So you have to deside the serbian roster first.

Blog Entries

That makes sens
    Another line on my list: Serbian roster to be done

first think first. I will make a proposition for a new eastern roman empire roster, not a comnenian one, then i will make the pisa and aragon and serbian shields. Also among others Consider to add the dirt and snow effect during battles, DLV has it and is amazing how bring the terrain into life!!

Blog Entries

Crimsom Tide v4.2 is included in SSHIP. However, if you have a better choice we can use, I approve of course

About byzantine roster, check this post of mine (and below). They're quite long but might contain some useful info for you.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 08, 2016 at 04:23 AM.

i think DLV uses a modifided version of this. in sship I can see blood textures and burned bodies but slightly noticed dust and snow. MAybe a little less transparecy to be more vissible?