Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Full game or split game?

Default Re: Full game or split game?

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    But races are factions ? Or each race will have multifactions?
    Race Humans dividet in diferent Nation The Empire (Reikland?) Tiela, Kislev and the Spain one
    You will be playing with humans as the empire withs itself is maybe seperatet in different faction witch you musst unit
    The Orks will be like wise diffited uch more as the humans with mixed tribes, pure goblin, pure orks tribe and you will be playing a warboss for one tribe conquers and assmilates them all and then try to conquer the world

Well then things are a bit different , but hipefully the different factions will be kind of mixes or have different unique pieces.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

CA keeps saying game is gonna launch with "four races, not four factions", but they havent explained what they actually mean with that.
    They could simply be talking about that fact that there are minor, non-playable factions, like other green skin tribes etc.
    Maybe its them trying to hint that you can chose your Lord character; we allready know that there will be the Warbosses Grimgor Ironhide and Azhag the Slaughterer.
    In theory "more than four factions" could mean that we're able to play as another human nation for example, like the Kingdom of Bretonnia.

CA kept it very vague.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Hopefully After all dlc's we will See all factions in the campaign. I dont want to See First half map with half factions and nett dlc with Another Part of map with Another factions.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It really doesn't matter a lot because I doubt the gameplay between different factions of the same race would vary significantly (unless we are speaking of factions like goblins, as opposed to orks, which fall inside the same race).

each race will have diffrent factions i learned about this in a intervieuw i stumbled upon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5BRXPPBoo
    they talk about it verry briefly stating that if you play as the orcs that you will need to beat down other orc tribes to become bigger and stronger yourself.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZCRAFT View Post
    each race will have diffrent factions i learned about this in a intervieuw i stumbled upon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5BRXPPBoo
    they talk about it verry briefly stating that if you play as the orcs that you will need to beat down other orc tribes to become bigger and stronger yourself.
    They will have different factions but that does not mean they are playable.

never said the other factions would be playable you will likely get to play with 1faction within each race.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZCRAFT View Post
    never said the other factions would be playable you will likely get to play with 1faction within each race.
    True, but I believe this is where they are going to DLC much. The expansions will bring new playable "codexes", but any faction/tribe variation within those codexes will definitely be DLC material(or maybe they will be grateful and unlock 3 for each race/codex).

I for one embrace the expansion practices, if it replaces the DLC route. Dawn of War was similar, yet what the Dev's are proposing goes even further. Every expansion will expand the map and the playable codexes. Further more, the difference between each race is massive, a Dwarf faction will be completely different from an Ork faction, campaign and battle-wise. So, I for once I actually believe it will be a lot more work for one part of the trilogy, than it was for Attila(an unofficial Rome expansion) or Rome.

Personally, I am hoping for 5 different chaos factions for the next expansion... One for each god (warriors/daemons/beastmen, like the End Times) and one undivided.

When they say Races you should think culture groups from rome 2. Roman families, Carthaginian sub-factions, Celts, Diadochi, etc. Whether several sub-factions within each race are playable at release or not is a big mystery, but that there are sub-factions within each race is pretty much a given since they've brought it up in several interviews.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

As long as they release meaningful content and well developed factions I dont care if the game will be split or not. It is better to have less well developed factions than lots of clone factions like in Rome 2. I also hope they will allow for Empire to be played with different subfactions.

CA has got onto that in the E3 interviews briefly and what I got from it is the following (a lot of reading between the lines and some solid infos) :

You don't start as a massive empire (even as the Empire). It's pretty clear from the interviews that the Empire will not be entirely under your control (as Karl Franz) but will probably be seperated between the provinces of the empire and their elector counts who you may have diplomatic interactions with and could turn against you (think of the seleucis or the sassanids). Or maybe they will limit those interaction to an Attila-like politic system however that doesn't fit within the "we want you to build up your faction" speech.

The orcs it's pretty clear from what we have that you will start as grimgor's tribe and will have to conquer and assimilate other greenskin tribes. Whether or not some of theses tribes will have a unique feel (savages orcs, forest goblins, night goblins, etc) remains to be seen (however I think every one hopes so, no germanic something something all over again please CA).

About the vampire counts and the dwarfs we know nothing. Dwarfs are separated into clans but they are always united and never really go into civil war, the high king is never really contested sooo... we'll see. The vampires are a scheming, diverse and secret bunch but once again wait and see.

That being said I very much doubt CA thinks of tilea, kislev and such then they say "expect several factions per race". They haven't said anything about those yet so I think it's abit early to expect them.

You play as a faction (race) leader, but it sounds like that leader starts small and has to unite his races' factions.
    For example. Karl Franz might start as the leader of one of the independent Grand Counties and must unite the Grand Counties to form the Empire before he can launch any large scale war against the other races.
    If this is the case, then you may be able to choose the Grand County you want Karl Franz to lead. Which means for the Human Race you could have 12 or so Grand Counties (factions) as playable.
    I guess the main differences between Grand Counties in this case would be "faction" traits and unit roster. (Like the differences between Rome 2 barbarian factions Averni and Suebi)

We already know this will be a trilogy, you can see that for yourself on steam. So my guess is that we could get 4 races per game, which would total in 12 races, the rest could be DLC. And also, these are separate games, each one unique in it's own way, because of the different races and maps, if they will really do them justice like they said. But the thing is that you can combine them, which is kind of a cool idea. So eventually you will actually get a full game I guess, with almost all of the races playable, at least all the major ones, each very unique.

My only hope is that what they say is true, and that these games won't cost 50$ each + DLC. God knows how much it could eventually come to.

Senator

when i think of Races i think Empire, Orcs, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs. Subfactions examples would be Reikland/ Karl Franz or Middenland/Boris Todbringer or for the dwarfs it would be Karaz Karak/Thorgrim Grudgbearer the High King or Karak Kadrin/Ungrim Ironfist the Slayer King.

I would think Bretonnia would be a race on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    when i think of Races i think Empire, Orcs, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs. Subfactions examples would be Reikland/ Karl Franz or Middenland/Boris Todbringer or for the dwarfs it would be Karaz Karak/Thorgrim Grudgbearer the High King or Karak Kadrin/Ungrim Ironfist the Slayer King.

I would think Bretonnia would be a race on their own.
    As much as I would love that to be the case, I doubt it. It is doable though, as nothing would be changed except the leader, but I just have a feeling that it's not what they are going for. And I think GW has a big role in this as well, looking at what they are currently doing to the whole universe I wouldn't be surprised. But hey, who really knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    As much as I would love that to be the case, I doubt it. It is doable though, as nothing would be changed except the leader, but I just have a feeling that it's not what they are going for. And I think GW has a big role in this as well, looking at what they are currently doing to the whole universe I wouldn't be surprised. But hey, who really knows.
    Hmm. Not sure if I follow. Why / What exactly dont you think is not going to happen`?

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Hmm. Not sure if I follow. Why / What exactly dont you think is not going to happen`?
    Well GW are killing off all of the characters in The End Times right now. We know that the game is not set in the End Times however, but I just feel like they wouldn't bother with releasing so much content (mostly lore in this case, as only the characters would change). I'm sure they will release a lot of DLCs, don't get me wrong, but I would guess they will mainly focus on units, heroes, and maybe some minor factions or races. Another thing is that they already said that the games focus on one major leader with which you will set out on a journey, first the unification of your race, then other conquests.

I mean, these are just my speculations, and I really hope that I'm wrong

i. Hope will be like. Shogun 2 expansion and nor a new game each time like for. Attila. Iwant the. New features to be usable also in the previous game .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    A TW title featuring only 4 campaign start pos would be unprecedented and imo would severely impact the game's time value, no matter how much the mid-to-late game's fleshed out.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast