Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

Default Re: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

I cant follow this at all; I'm so confused.

Wait, how many factions do we have finally???

Between those realms, those factions and those races, I'm not sure what are the playable factions anymore...

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    Wait, how many factions do we have finally???

Between those realms, those factions and those races, I'm not sure what are the playable factions anymore...
    You got several relams and probably most of the old faction. Lizardmen seems to be Seraphons now. To what degree, we have to wait. Last pictures regardings factions/lore are these.
    http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...8.page#7946743

and
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2bhLQUkAAFCSv.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2cE_bVEAAN6i_.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2cFXoUYAAfsRZ.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2cFUxUcAAPlxw.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2cFXmUYAAkyWT.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2dWtAUwAAvNYp.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI2dWt4UAAA-wxa.jpg

Trusty sources regarding rumours like Harry in warseer still hint that a "big" rulebook with expanded rules and some kind of balancing system should come in the near future. Even if several sources in the last days said that the 4 rules page + is all for AoS. If GW represantives blantly lie to game traders, just that they sell the AoS boxes and later on a better rule set instead of telling their customers that another ruleset will come, that would be a new low. But not unexpected from the guys that sell only miniatures to collectors and do not make GAMES in their WORKSHOP

I think I try and pick up my first White dwarf Weekly ever this week. Free miniature and AoS BS on most pages could be worth the price.

-----Red Dox

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I had initially suspected that the Red Slayers were going to be Dwarves but someone suggested Red Slayers were probably the Abhorash led post apocalyptic Bretonnians. Having cured himself of his Vampirism Nagash had no hold over him and he rode to the aid of Giles and the last stand of the Grail Knights in the End Times.

To think they might actually be doing something awesome with Bretonnia... It swells the loins.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; July 02, 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

So basically, Every single faction from Warhammer is stil present in AoS.

I'm actually quite happy with that, but then why on Earth would they bring the End Times if nothing has actually changed??? I thought the whole purpose of the End Times was to reduce the number of factions/minis to save shelf space and cut costs.

Rigth now, it looks like GW has destroyed its lore, without actually saving a dime in costs. GG Games Wrokshop, GG!

Tiro

If this picture doesn't scream "Space Marines" to you, I don't know what will.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI5-k6CVEAAy5i4.jpg
    And here are some different "chapter" colour schemes.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qWC_rGqIkf..._jWwAEZIjW.jpg

For only Chaos is eternal
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI6PqK0UcAAyDrQ.jpg

-----Red Dox

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post
    If this picture doesn't scream "Space Marines" to you, I don't know what will.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI5-k6CVEAAy5i4.jpg
    And here are some different "chapter" colour schemes.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qWC_rGqIkf..._jWwAEZIjW.jpg

For only Chaos is eternal
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CI6PqK0UcAAyDrQ.jpg

-----Red Dox
    They even got chaplains with skull helmets, because ofcourse they do *sigh*

After spending the day reading up on Age of Sigmar on dakkadakka, my mood went from kinda-worried to devastated.

Anyone read the "lore" under the Sigmarine chapters? Thats the most nonsensical crap I've read in a long time. Is that their attempt at world building?

Not just the lore, aperently the game as well is sooo slimmed down- like if its true what some people claim there are almost no army restrictions anymore. You can field a unit of Sigmarines for example, but the game has no rules on how large such a unit would be. You could field a single unit made up of a1000 soldiers if you got enough models. There is no balancing between the armies anymore. You are apperently allowed to field as many models as you can fit on your table (?).

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

so space marines without guns, really creative

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    I had initially suspected that the Red Slayers were going to be Dwarves but someone suggested Red Slayers were probably the Abhorash led post apocalyptic Bretonnians. Having cured him of his Vampirism Nagash had no hold over him and he rode to the aid of Giles and the last stand of the Grail Knights in the End Times.

To think they might actually be doing something awesome with Bretonnia... It swells the loins.
    That's certainly a new theory for the red slayers. Mostly people are pointing to mercenaries but after reading some more lore it certainly appears that they will be a second dwarf force. Though I'm uncertain.

However, a new picture was leaked of undead black knights carrying a Bretonnian banner. So it's possible the Bretonnians joined the undead or that they made it to the new realms and are at war with them.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    So basically, Every single faction from Warhammer is stil present in AoS.

I'm actually quite happy with that, but then why on Earth would they bring the End Times if nothing has actually changed??? I thought the whole purpose of the End Times was to reduce the number of factions/minis to save shelf space and cut costs.

Rigth now, it looks like GW has destroyed its lore, without actually saving a dime in costs. GG Games Wrokshop, GG!
    Actually that was mostly just rumors about making this being a smaller game. GW wants to sell more models and they were having trouble fitting new ideas into into old setting as the world was completely filled out(the demigryph knights are a good example of this). Now GW has started fresh and has a nearly unlimited amount of room to create all kinds of models/fluff/terrain, much like 40k has infinite space to create in.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    They even got chaplains with skull helmets, because ofcourse they do *sigh*

After spending the day reading up on Age of Sigmar on dakkadakka, my mood went from kinda-worried to devastated.

Anyone read the "lore" under the Sigmarine chapters? Thats the most nonsensical crap I've read in a long time. Is that their attempt at world building?

Not just the lore, aperently the game as well is sooo slimmed down- like if its true what some people claim there are almost no army restrictions anymore. You can field a unit of Sigmarines for example, but the game has no rules on how large such a unit would be. You could field a single unit made up of a1000 soldiers if you got enough models. There is no balancing between the armies anymore. You are apperently allowed to field as many models as you can fit on your table (?).
    Well, one way to stop a opponent from swarming you was the sudden death rule which allowed the player with lesser models to pick a objective and if they could complete it they would have a instant victory and a bonus for the next battle. However, GW has saw this might not be enough and I've heard that any competitive areas are being made to use a warscroll limitation(such as 3 infantry and 1 monster warscrolls).

Certainly alot of extra rules and warscrolls are going to made, free to download as well, to make up for any imbalance in the current starter sets.
    Last edited by Baron of Hyrule; July 02, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Scan of the recent White Dwarf. Lotsa pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/wKBMo#0

__

Really getting fed up with all the renaming and redesigning of established races or units purely for the sake of being able to trademark them.

No more Orcs but Orruks.
    Ogres are now Ogors; Beastmen - Breyherds; Dwarfs and Elves - Duardims and Aelfs.

I swear, the reason Bretonnians never got an update was because GW thought they wrote them in a way were they couldnt trademark every name and design.

__

8th Edition Warhammer rules were 150 pages ( lore and stuff not included ).

The Age of Sigmar rulebook apperently is 4 pages.

Last edited by Orkfaeller; July 02, 2015 at 06:54 PM.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing that link, Orkfaeller.

The new rules are only 4 pages but it seems a lot of warscrolls (downloadable cards for model specifics) will add alot of complexity to the game.

I hope so, because even those so far look mighty thin.

I guess if there is at least one good thing that came out of so far its this art work.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but its badass.

Agreed 100% on that artwork. When I saw that, my jaw dropped.(I think that thing is the dragon creature that showed Sigmar how to find the mortal realms)

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

To think 40K started out as "Warhammer Fantasy in spess!"

And now fantasy is basically "Warhammer 40k in fantasy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    To think 40K started out as "Warhammer Fantasy in spess!"

And now fantasy is basically "Warhammer 40k in fantasy!"
    And so, the circle closes... [emoji55]
    The stormcast backround info is such an obvious rip off of the space marines, it hurts. The worlds were happy, someone betrayed sigmar (not-horus is his name), and now chaos pours in. The best of the best get chosen to fight fof the empe... god-king, and gets genetic... I mean, magically modified to be more than humans. They carry lightning hammers and some jetpa... wings of light, and have stupid names matching with their work.
    This is like some kind of giantic lore- act. GW, seriously, you need a girlfriend...
    Last edited by GatoVolador; July 03, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

I wonder if the game developers wake up in the night screaming "OH NO WHAT HAVE WE DONE!"

I dislike the direction they have taken this so much that I perversely hope that it fails. I can only hope that Forge World can keep the old world setting alive.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

I play neither Warhammer 40K nor Warhammer Fantasy, but I recognize selling out when I see it. I can picture the quarterly meeting at Games Workshop.

"Our figures are down this quarter. You know what that means, right? A new edition! Let all our fans spend hundreds of dollars each rebuilding their armies. Our upcoming 40K game got some decent press at E3? Let's put Space Marines in every nook and cranny! It doesn't matter that the Empire is supposed to be Germany from the 30 Years' War. We need MOAR Space Marines!"

Meanwhile, everyone else around the conference table chants "blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne!"

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    I play neither Warhammer 40K nor Warhammer Fantasy, but I recognize selling out when I see it. I can picture the quarterly meeting at Games Workshop.

"Our figures are down this quarter. You know what that means, right? A new edition! Let all our fans spend hundreds of dollars each rebuilding their armies. Our upcoming 40K game got some decent press at E3? Let's put Space Marines in every nook and cranny! It doesn't matter that the Empire is supposed to be Germany from the 30 Years' War. We need MOAR Space Marines!"

Meanwhile, everyone else around the conference table chants "blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne!"
    Or:

'Guys, I've crunched some numbers and I've realised we can save a huge amount by using the same molds for both Fantasy and 40k. All we do is make a new edition with fantasy models that look like space marines! No one will suspect anything! Dark Gods be praised!
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Tiro

The free rules & Warscrolls
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/...ar-compendiums

Like most people, I am still speechless about the "no point, no regulation" thing. I mean, even a child should know that a bloodthirster warscroll is not equal to a unit auf goblins warscroll. But even if "play what you want" would function, there are some rules on some warscrolls that I can not take seriously. "Funny" things in Warhammer are not unknown but this is something else entirely. A friend who is long out of the hobby, that read following excerpts asked me if Warhammer goes Munchkin. But at least, Munchkin wants to be a funny sidegame the entire time...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great Unclean one
    Grandfather’s Joy: If a Great Unclean One uses this ability, then whenever you roll a 7 for a Nurgle Daemon unit in your next charge phase you can shout ‘seven’ in mirthful tones. If you do, that unit can make 1 extra attack with each of its melee weapons in the following combat phase.

Kairos Fateweaver
    Secrets and Ciphers: When you make a casting or unbinding roll for Kairos Fateweaver, add 2 to the result of the roll if, just before rolling the dice, you can correctly spell the spell’s name backwards, aloud, without hesitating or looking it up.
    Masque of Slaanesh
    The endless Dance:If you are dancing while rolling the dice for the Masque’s attacks in the combat phase, you can re-roll any failed hit rolls. If, at any point, you can coerce your opponent to join in, you can re-roll any failed wound rolls as well.
    Konrad von Carstein
    One Bat Short of a Belfry: Konrad is a violent lunatic, and his temper does little to help his stretched sanity. If, during your hero phase, you talk to Konrad von Carstein, you can re-roll all hit rolls of 1 for him until your next hero phase. If Konrad von Carstein talks back to you, re- roll all failed hit rolls instead.
    Marius Leitdorf
    The Mad Count: Marius Leitdorf is an exceptional swordsman, even if he is totally insane. If, during your hero phase, you pretend to ride an imaginary horse, you can re-roll failed hit rolls for the Averland Runefang until your next hero phase. If you actually talk to your imaginary horse you can re-roll failed wound rolls as well.

I really do not know what Age of Sigmar with rules like this wants to be.

-----Red Dox

Holy Jesus Christ I thought you were making a parody... but those are actual rules

I'm literally speechless. Except for the laughing.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.