Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

Default Re: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

Is there a single reason now NOT to take lets say an Empire General on Griffon over one without?

There are no point costs. Why would I deploy a Hero on foot over a mounted one?

_

And as I understand it, there are not only no limits on how big a unit is, but also none on how many standard bearers or musicians there may be.

I could field a single unit of hundreds of Ogre standard bearers for example for every handful of regular troops my enemy might have.

_

Also if true what people on dakkadakka claim, there seem to be no limitations to ranged units? They can freely shoot in and out of melee fights. They can even fire their ranged weapons at the enemy they are engaged in close combat with. Can anyone confirm this?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah the rules suck balls.. But I dont get it, there is no point cost? How do people decide what to use?

AoS trailer

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Yeah the rules suck balls.. But I dont get it, there is no point cost? How do people decide what to use?
    GW says: "Use what youu want.", "Put minis on the table until you think your armies are equal.", "Come up with your own system like use only 5 warcrolls each".

Some rumours still say, something with more rules will come. But if a point based rule system will come, why not put it on the warcrolls now? Since the warscroll system will stay long term, there is no sense in holding back. But with some rules giving some bonus for having the better mustache, dancing around the table or playing at night, do we really expect that it gets better? Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

-----Red Dox

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Hahaha, that look so bad

Good thing none of those weird figures are going to make it to the game

I'll stick with the 8th edition and the good old units, in-game and on my painting table

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Holy Jesus Christ I thought you were making a parody... but those are actual rules

I'm literally speechless. Except for the laughing.

The Skaven Screaming Bell says if you roll a 13 on 2D6 you win the game.......
    Art //

I expected bad things, but this is worse.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    The Skaven Screaming Bell says if you roll a 13 on 2D6 you win the game.......
    And Kairos Fateweaver lets you pick a number instead of rolling once per game.

Turn One Chaos Win Condition.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

It think we all underestimated GW. Clearly this is a scheme similar to the one in The Producers where they need a massive flop to get the money others invested whilst only investing a little themselves.

Expect a musical number called 'Springtime for Sigmar' some time soon.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Pay to win.
    Age of Sigmar is literally the biggest P2W scheme I've ever heard of.

This is purely and simply a shameless and desperate bid to increase profits without actually adding any quality to the product.

Words fail me to describe my abject horror and disgust towards GW right now.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Expect a musical number called 'Springtime for Sigmar' some time soon.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; July 06, 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Oh god, my sides. Please send help.

I have no words
    holy this is bad

worst part is we can t even blame matt ward for this
    i am done with tabletop

Looks like they want to get rid of table top for sure and just license video games, straight from a GW designer himself: http://captiongenerator.com/48861/Ag...gmar-interview

Quote Originally Posted by ponasozis View Post
    I have no words
    holy this is bad

worst part is we can t even blame matt ward for this
    i am done with tabletop
    Well Warhammer is not the only tabletop game in existence And you can always play the older editions, so I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it (don't think that I like this new stuff though, I don't). I still have the 7th edition rulebook and I see no problem in playing with it. I never really cared about editions, and never saw the reason for releasing so many of them. I know it is mainly for balance purposes, something like TW games getting an update, but couldn't it have been done differently? I mean the rules changed quite a lot as far as I can tell in the last few editions alone, but I never played anything past 7th so I don't really know, just what I've heard (and in 40k aswell). I basicly left WH a long time ago, put all my minies in one big box, except for only a few heroes and stuff I wanted to paint and convert, that was mostly what I do with warhammer anyway, unlike most people I guess, who acctually play the game of course. It was too expensive for me and my brother (well, for my parents technically lol) at the time, to field massive armies, and not that it got any better, it got even worse. I recently got an idea of coming back to it, but again, only to make some characters, and finish some stuff I started a long time ago.

We can always move to the hystorical games. I mentioned before the amazing ranges that Perry Miniatures make, and I wanted to try out their plastics for some time now but didn't have the chance to order. I already have some samurai, and they are quite amazing, although they are metal, but still very detailed and cool. But now they are making more and more plastic boxes. And for 20 pounds you get 40 dudes or 12 cavalry, that are amazingly detailed and accurate, and I think that's a pretty fair deal, considering it all. You can amass enormous armies for the fraction of the cost of GW armies, that would be much smaller. We can start playing TW on the tabletop, instead of staring at a computer screen lol, that would be a bit more social at least, wouldn't you agree?

I know that what people want is fantasy stuff, I want it too. And GW does make some pretty sweet models and all that, but it's simply too expensive and they messed it all up now. I never bought any alternatives, as I was never that interested in the whole thing really, but I know there is plenty of stuff, and hey, ebay is your friend here, don't forget about that, you can buy whole armies for far less than what you would pay for a new one.

This turned out to a wall of text so I'm sorry about that, wasn't my intention

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the sigmarines supposed to replace the human factions like the Empire and Bretonnia?
    In that case, I think people are right to be massively pissed if on the long term, our HRE-looking miniatures will be replaced by those Spess Mehreens... but not in Spess.

Unless Bretonnia/Empire will keep existing in the AoS in some shape of form. I'm still a bit confused with the new factions/races/realms.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the sigmarines supposed to replace the human factions like the Empire and Bretonnia?
    In that case, I think people are right to be massively pissed if on the long term, our HRE-looking miniatures will be replaced by those Spess Mehreens... but not in Spess.

Unless Bretonnia/Empire will keep existing in the AoS in some shape of form. I'm still a bit confused with the new factions/races/realms.
    I dont think anyone really knows at this point. For now there are rules for classic Warhammer miniatures, since people would be rather pissed if their armies became totally unuseable.

But I cant imagine them being supported for long. In this new 40k-esque setting where armies teleport between magic plains, stuff like Men-at-arms and steam tanks look rather out of place.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/content...gn=newscontent

A test game from Miniwargaming.com. Their conclusion? It doesn't work and most games were over by round 2. They had to make up their own rules to make it work.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

This is quote from Q and A person at the Forge World open day
    ( source: http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/07/g...questions.html)

"This is it. There categorically will not be a '9th' edition of fantasy. Age of Sigmar is the only thing fantasy related GW will do for the considerable future.

He acknowledges that the 'funny' rules are rather silly and don't make for a great intro to the system for new people. His response was that the armies in the box set don't have the silly rules. They're there as kind of a celebration and final send off of the old warhammer armies, and he said you might notice the new armies don't have the stupid noises or imaginary friends. This is deliberate, its designed that you'll only generally play the old stuff with your mates since it's a bit embarassing to play in a public place.

The new races will look different to the old ones. Ooruks will not look the same as the orcs we currently have. As such, when they get round to releasing Ooruks, the old models will cease production. He did say that you can still use your old models as ooruks, but you won't be able to buy normal orc boys again.
    There will never be points values."

I'm literally laughing my ass so hard right now! We've found a game with a more broken release than Rome 2!

Woohoo!