Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Age of Sigmar : first miniatures revealed.

You know it's been a LONG time since I played Warhammer on the tabletop. I played Fantasy and a lot of my contemporaries were very happy that it was different enough from 40k. So I come on here and see this, I mean come on Games Workshop. Glad I gave up on it after 6th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    They cost even more than Terminators; but other than Termis these are ment to be your core infantry units.

This guy costs 26€ or 33$, thats nuts.

I can get four Space Marine captains in tin for the same price.

If you take out that stupid space marine backpack, no one will notice the difference [emoji111]

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I have to say I'm a bit scared... because some of the new miniatures are starting to grow on me (although some others remain as athrocious as the first day, like the winged good guys).

In any case, both the pricing and the rules are still absurd, so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I have to say I'm a bit scared... because some of the new miniatures are starting to grow on me (although some others remain as athrocious as the first day, like the winged good guys).

Your own Hyperbole is brainwashing you.

I dont know. I feel like some of this new stuff is just too on the nose without style or subtly even in comparison to Warhammer.

Like this guy; his cape is made out of hammers. And his cape shoots hammers. Like literally. Its a magical cape that fires hammers at enemies. : /

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Hah, well, that does suck indeed, but look at the armor, at the stance, at the face, it's certainly not that bad. Still not my style (too paladinish), but for instance, given the obvious comparison with space marines, notice how much better the models are than those.

I could see kids loving them and growing up to in the future nostalgically claim how much better "the good old times" were.

Seeing that the miniatures (personal taste and design aside) are actually quite good in terms of raw quality, I guess one could hope that these are the broad-audience lure and that later they would apply that quality to some more mature designs as they release new miniatures for other factions. Although seeing all the criticism of the nonsensical rules, I'm quite conservative about what to expect from GW from now on.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; July 13, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

I dont know. I feel like some of this new stuff is just too on the nose without style or subtly even in comparison to Warhammer.

Like this guy; his cape is made out of hammers. And his cape shoots hammers. Like literally. Its a magical cape that fires hammers at enemies. : /

Hammers in hammers. Hammeriception.

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

Hah, well, that does suck indeed, but look at the armor, at the stance, at the face, it's certainly not that bad. Still not my style (too paladinish), but for instance, given the obvious comparison with space marines, notice how much better the models are than those.
    That's a good point. But if we look at the criticism against AoS right now, mot people are simply complaining that the new miniatures look waaayy too much like space marines. In themselves, the miniatures don't look bad. They look badass and all (like pretty much all space marines). But what is really disheartening is that these sigmarines are going to replace our current lineup of miniatures. No more HRE-looking halberdiers and greatswords.

If I wanted to play with space marines, I'd play 40K for crying out loud! Space Marines are cool in their specific context. Space Marines in fantasy is lazy and doesn't make sense and pretty much kills the Warhammer lore we know and love.

Seriously that's the lore? His cape literally shoots hammers? It's hard to see how the writers didn't know they were writing parody. If they didn't, that's just as damning to the entire world. It really is dead, either way, wow.

That or a massive retcon I guess.

Hold on, that's not a joke? This is actually a hammer-throwing cape? I haven't read the rules yet.

Okay... now I finally know who wrote all this Age of Sigmar stuff-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Sigmarite Warcloak: In your shooting phase, you can unleash D6 hammers from this model's Sigmarite Warcloak. Pick an enemy unit within 16´´ of this model for each hammer that s unleashed, then roll a dice for each unit you picked. On a roll of 4 or more the unit suffers a mortal wound. Note that you can pick the same unit more than once in a phase.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Okay... now I finally know who wrote all this Age of Sigmar stuff-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nope it might be the dark lord himself.......

Matt Ward....

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Sigmarite Warcloak: In your shooting phase, you can unleash D6 hammers from this model's Sigmarite Warcloak. Pick an enemy unit within 16´´ of this model for each hammer that s unleashed, then roll a dice for each unit you picked. On a roll of 4 or more the unit suffers a mortal wound. Note that you can pick the same unit more than once in a phase.
    I guess they figured it was better to go out with a laugh than a bang, lawl.

It'll be funny to watch them backtracking if TW:W turns out to be a huge hit and they realize no one wants to buy their over priced figures but likes the lore to pay hundreds for a game.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I guess they figured it was better to go out with a laugh than a bang, lawl.

It'll be funny to watch them backtracking if TW:W turns out to be a huge hit and they realize no one wants to buy their over priced figures but likes the lore to pay hundreds for a game.
    Aye, and maybe then they will retcon AoS or make it an alternate timeline and instead do a 9th edition, though I doubt it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    That's what anyone with an idea on the current, quick-changing market would tell them to do. But GW has for a long time acted like a monolithic construct. This is why GW has been issuing so many game licenses in a hurry, it's a direct consequence of the latest change in the company's leadership.

3D printer technology keeps them awake at night too. If this technology prospers, they could make so much money from designing minis and selling people the license to print those themselves (eliminating a huge chunk of their production costs, probably amongst the biggest burden in their balances). They could even launch their own brand of "3D ink". On top of that, well-written lore, videogames, movies...heck even khorne flakes could be sold if they wanted.

But they might go down the Kodak way.

The more I read about it the worse it gets. I haven't seen such a festival of stupidity since the last time I turned on the television. But for one, I find face helmets to be incredibly ugly the overall design of the miniatures to be just painfully generic overwrought fantasy fare. It seems like something out of a Chinese MMO.

It doesn't do remote justice to the previous renaissance baroque theme of elite Imperial troops with their plumed sallets and Gothic armor.

The Chaos miniatures however, are fairly appealing, in so far as they fit the established Chaos theme. It's hard to go wrong there because the more obscene and profane something looks the more it's suitable to be brandished by the forces of Chaos. If anything the new Sigmar miniatures would have found a perfectly acceptable in a Slaanesh themed army (just look at Sigvald's armour and compare it to this). But no more of that kids, Warhammer is family friendly now.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    T

It doesn't do remote justice to the previous renaissance baroque theme of elite Imperial troops with their plumed sallets and Gothic armor.
    Lets keep in mind, that the Sigmarines do not replace the "normal" imperial troops. Think of it more like a super human elite group with several chapters, loyal too the god emperor, assisting the normal imperial guards on their holy mission to exterminate all alien lifeform in the galaxy. Latest picture will possibly help to comprehend.
    http://i.imgur.com/9l0oDTn.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/EECJ9Xo.jpg

Of course, the normal empire troops will get their own cosmetic changes in time. As will all the other factions to some degree without a doubt. Reading this
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ4aLbKW8AAxq94.jpg
    about dwarfs riding some new lava beasts and regarding this picture https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJEZHZ_WIAAVUyE.jpg the typical dwarf design could be gone. Like their name when we call them "Duradin" from now on...

One artwork from the new "Orruks"
    https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...69&oe=55A9FC2E
    has worried me to. I do not like the "elephant" tooth. I really hope that is just a single art choice and not the direction of new models, to create a more copyrighted orc faction :-/

But fear not. Because Age of Sigmar is such a popular and everlasting new genre, you can buy the first merchandise
    http://ageofsigmarde.spreadshirt.de/

-----Red Dox

Its sad, i was just about to start buying Bretonnia again....now i can't even look at the models with out cringing.

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

Orruks
    Looks like they cross bred a Black Orc with Hordes miniatures.
    Could be worse. Looks atleast still like a green skin.