Thread: Ayyubid and Mamluk sultanats

Default Ayyubid and Mamluk sultanats

I have question. I managed to get to Ayyubid sultanate, but what exactly are requirements to make transition to Ayyubid sultanate? some cities to capture, or what ? And how to make transition to Mamluk sultanate? I got mamluks to recruit in Ayyubid sultante( i think this is because i captured soem setlements, dont know what exatly because i captured many in that few turns), but i never got transition offer to mamluk sultanate. if someone have time, i would apreciate explaniation

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Ayyubid and Mamluk sultanats

If I'm reading the campaign_script correctly (and I'm no expert), the requirements for Ayyubids are: you need at least 3 local guard buildings, you have to control Damascus and not before turn 40. Mamluks require Mongols to show up first.

Yep, exactly. The 3 local guard buildings represent the focus on more professional armies (like the ghulams->mamluks), the taking of damascus the better connection to their kurdish/turkish heritage.

If you have further reasonable suggestions for the transitions, please feel free to tell them.

For the new version I came up with a new idea: When you are in the ayyubid era, the generals you adopt MIGHT have a "is a mamluk" kinda attribute. If a mamluk becomes caliph, the mamluk event will trigger aswell.

Thank you for information guys. However, how does AI strugle with getting to ayyubid dynastie ?

About attribute 'is a mamluk'... well, that would be realy great, realy.

if we managed to get to ayyubid and mamluk sultanate .. will the fatimid family tree will change as well ? or we just only can recruit unit from that both sultanate era .. sorry for my english xD

@achilles: The AI just gets to the ayyubids after a certain time for now.

I'm thinking about a mamluk transition for zhengids aswell. Would've been very probable if they survived longer I think.

The abbassids should also get some mamluks eventually I think (since they were also using ghulams), but the full transition should obviously not be possible since they have their caliph.

@QueenUeue: No, the family tree and your leaders won't change. Why would they?

I mean in history salahudin ended the fatimid rule and Salahudin become proclaimed himself sultan and organize his own dynasty .. can u guys do that in the mod ? haha im just wondering

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

For Muslim factions is quite difficult to represent how it worked for them at that time. For most of them, the strongest leaser took the power and not necessary the son. Ok, I'm simplifying a lot but basically that's just to explain that acutally a family tree for them is not always historically accurate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader