Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other WHFB/40k videogames incoming

Default Re: Other WHFB/40k videogames incoming

Free weekend and 75% of the whole Dawn of War franchise on Steam for anyone interested:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/w...snr=1_41_4__42

Could this be a sign that Dawn of War 3 is on the way?

Dawn of War 3

A triangle has 3 sides

Illuminati confirmed.

These games have great single player campaigns.

Especially the DoWII games who play a bit like a party-rpg and supports co-op.

Last edited by Orkfaeller; September 25, 2015 at 09:11 AM.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    These games have great single player campaigns.

Especially the DoWII games who play a bit like a party-rpg and support co-op.
    DoW2 shows superbly what a 40k squad-based dedicated RPG might look like.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

The only thing I wanted in Dow 2 was, aside from your squads with named leaders, I wished you could bring along some generic squads. Not like in Retribution though.

Entirely Dow 2 CR with ability to bring generic squads. Alas, it was not to be.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I wished for something like that ever since DoW1.

For example in DoW2 you controlled a company and some scout squads. That's it you had only had a tad over 100 men, and if you lose them all game over. Of course for balance you could get some new recruits (albeit only a very few to be canonically correct) and not every men down would be KIA, some could be simply wounded or knocked unconscious. That's it, you didn't have the magic reinforcements from tellyporta, instead you could reinforce via Thunderhawk if needed, the only ones capable of teleporting being the terminators, and that would be borrowed squad of the first company and so on. Heck if you even want to go balls deep into this an armoury for maintaining the weapons and power armour suits, and munitions levels could have been brought in.

For DoW DC I thought of something similar, in example if you had the imperial guard you would have X amount of men and equipment to expend, and depending on your success you could get a hold onto more personnel and hardware, be it locally or by reinforcements.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

In the Dow 1's DC and SS expansions the thing that bugged me the most about their campaigns were the Imperial Forces fighting each other though. Adepta Sororitas and Adeptus Astartes... eh? Both of them are loyalist.

Imperial Guard from Segmentum command wouldn't fight Astartes either. It was kind of ball breaking for me. I had to install a mod to let me recruit/build guardsman units buildings as Space Marines. Quickly proceeded to curbstomp Victory Bay and assumed command of the imperial forces. No such mod for Soulstorm though
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I actually took the Firestorm over Kronus mod and enabled the campaign again, and learnt to left the space marines out or the IG out, hence either the SM or the IG fought over the planet but not each other, as I saw it stupid.

However being a TT game they have to find excuses of the why everyone can fight everyone, hence why that's translated to the games. I felt there was no need to be so derp, making up excuses for the campaign map, having the skirmish mode where you can simply fight whomever you like against anyone else without need of excuses or back history.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Lizardmen are here

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Lizardmen are here
    Thank you! The Lizardmen look extraordinary. I love the Kroxigor! And I especially like the animations of the Skinks.
    Last edited by scoicarius; September 25, 2015 at 09:49 AM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Aye, they look and sound amazing.

I think its important for TW:WH that other games set the bar high with their depiction of the warhammer races;
    means CA has to try extra hard to give us equal or even better looking ones.

Warhammer: End Times Vermintide - Empire Soldier Action Reel

In other news, the third Polaris Blood Bowl league is about to kick off.

Dr. Fell's Avatar Laetus

Left 4 Dead with rats, eh? I wouldn't mind a go.

I'm playing the beta, or better said, waiting to play the beta (already downloaded). If you want to give it a go I have an spare beta key you could use.

I'm still under NDA ( I think ) so I don't want to talk too much about it but L4D(2) is basically the closest thing to it out there. And the Devs seem to be very open about that.

It doesn't have L4D(2)'s pvp mode ( you won't be able to play as the skaven ) as a result the game's not as hard and unforgiving. If you're after the non-stop, relentless attacks and constant rush for every meter from L4D(2), you're not getting it here propably. If you liked L4D(2) but maybe found it too hard / fast / stressfull , or you prefered its pve mode over the pvp one, then Vermintide might be right up your alley.

It doesn't have as many maps as the L4D games, 13 on release, but its five characters play differently to another, unlike in L4D where all survivors were identical gameplaywise.

At the end of every round ( asuming you made it to the end ) you're getting rewarded with a new weapon or trinket.

Dr. Fell's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I'm playing the beta, or better said, waiting to play the beta (already downloaded). If you want to give it a go I have an spare beta key you could use.
    I'd love that! Shall we take this to PMs?

Sadly last night a pal took it over, I'm sorry.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

As long as there is a Dwarf to play, I'm in! I hope that the game won't be limited to fighting Skaven though.....
    As God wills it.

Also, I'm leaving this little jewel here. Not my first choice of genre but at least it's something.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Sorry, I am having trouble reading it, what is it?
    As God wills it.

Ah, Return of Reckoning. I'm impressed by how much effort they've put into it. It's really only in a PvP phase right now but with growing attention and donations who knows what they can do in the future?