Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other WHFB/40k videogames incoming

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Other WHFB/40k videogames incoming

well, afaik, not all stuff written by Black Libary writers is canon. Sometimes they invent incredibly ridiculous things, yeah

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Time to reinstall dow2

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

I feel like a Dawn of War 3 is a must, it really is. DoW did so well and continues to be successful while DoW2 (in my eyes) floundered and only found success in the Last Stand-style gameplay. CoH2 did well so I imagine they wanna rake in the cash with DoW3 eventually. It'd be great to see.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Tiro

-----Red Dox

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post

-----Red Dox
    Looks very...MOunt and Blade but a little bit more...kiddish.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

If Total Warhammer ends up not having any naval battles because of that.... thing... I'll be very piss off.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    If Total Warhammer ends up not having any naval battles because of that.... thing... I'll be very piss off.
    Naval fights have always been boring as hell. I would not miss it at all.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Naval fights have always been boring as hell. I would not miss it at all.
    Your opinion is objectively, universally false, my good sir!

Empire had great naval battles. Slow, but that felt right, and it was always great to play the privateer. Start with just one, smaller ship, and slowly work your way up to a little, unofficial pirate fleet!

FotS had fantastic naval battles. Ironclads with AP shells? Bloody brilliant! And explosive!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I don't think Naval battles ever quite reached their full potential, but I hear the FotS ones were good (big guns innit). Given the big differences in ship design and philosophy in Warhammer FB they could actually be quite interesting, but I have doubts we'll be seeing them at all.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Your opinion is objectively, universally false, my good sir!

Empire had great naval battles. Slow, but that felt right, and it was always great to play the privateer. Start with just one, smaller ship, and slowly work your way up to a little, unofficial pirate fleet!

FotS had fantastic naval battles. Ironclads with AP shells? Bloody brilliant! And explosive!
    Right........... I'm fairly certain the vast majority of players have felt that naval battles were slow, non-intuitive, and just a waste of time. Even the person below you disagreed. You are very much in the minority with your opinion.

Sure, you are right, that's why they cut naval battles in all subsequent games. Neither Shoung 2, nor Rome 2 or any of their expansions had them.

I guess a pool(or is it poll?) could be made for it on the main section of Total Warhammer.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; March 04, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Right........... I'm fairly certain the vast majority of players have felt that naval battles were slow, non-intuitive, and just a waste of time.
    Source for this? Have the vast majority of TW players been polled about this issue? I don't recall ever seeing it.

Even the person below you disagreed.
    Me? No I didn't. I never even played FotS naval battles. Warhammer ones could be awesome with the mix of ships, magic, monsters etc.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Naval battles were, and still are awesome, the only complaints I have are the slight learning curve and slowness.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Obviously I was being facetious. There are plenty of issues, and I think clunkiness is the biggest one.

But they were a nice change of pace, added a whole new layer of battles, and FotS in particular had excellent naval battles. It would have been amazing to have the amphibious landings of Rome II but with ironclads firing explosive shells into enemy formations while your infantry shot volleys of bullets into their ranks.

Ahh, Victorian Total War would be superb.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I reckon make every ship Captain a character with traits, upgrades etc. I mean, SotL in Empire could have 120 guns and 260+ men- small armies unto themselves. That combined with the multiple-turn construction should increase the investment in fighting at sea.

Tiro

$3 for the DLC map, the game mode is free along with one free level. Owners of the DLC will also be able to invite friends to play with them even if they don't own the DLC.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/437070/

-----Red Dox

Oh... I really hate poverty. Or more accurately, the stupid economy of this stupid government.

Tiro

-----Red Dox

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Ahhhhhh yeah Battlefleet GOTHIC!!!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Tiro

-----Red Dox