Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Your pissed because you get a free Race?
    You get a free race if you preorder. Given their previous track record, I don't want to preorder. Are you telling me I won't be able to play one of the main Warhammer factions because of that? People are pissed because they feel manipulated, and rightly so. I think it's a monstrously marketing move. This does not inspire confidence.
    Last edited by scoicarius; October 22, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    You get a free race if you preorder. Given their previous track record, I don't want to preorder. Are you telling me I won't be able to play one of the main factions of the game because of that? People are pissed because they feel manipulated, and rightly so. I think it's a monstrously marketing move.
    so according to you, what race is not a major race?
    Chaos is the big bad of the setting, its gonna be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ayylmango View Post
    It's not free. You have to pay the publisher in advance before you have any idea what kind of a product they are delivering. The opportunity cost is significant.
    It is free. If you pre-order. But it is still free. If you want to wait until after the game is released and then pay extra for the Chaos race, that's your prerogative.
    As for game companies selling DLC and pre order bonuses, it's here to stay so get used to it or take up knitting.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    so according to you, what race is not a major race?
    I presume by race you mean faction, in which case Tilea, Estalia, The Border Princes, Dogs of War, Albion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Chaos is the big bad of the setting, its gonna be in the game.
    Not for those who do not preorder.

As for game companies selling DLC and pre order bonuses, it's here to stay so get used to it or take up knitting.
    I take issue with the content of the DLC, not with the idea of DLCs.
    Last edited by scoicarius; October 22, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Well, on one end I hope the release is the same as Rome 2's so these people will understand why we don't trust CA enough to pre-order.

on the other, I don't want them to **** it up because it could be so great. Conflicted. But I suppose I'll win either way.

If the game is crap I would be vindicated and tell everyone that I had called it, if the game is great then I get a great Warhammer game. My win gents.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Marketing a DLC race before races included in the base game just to boost pre orders is disgutsting. Chaos should be in the base game it shouldn't be added content that you have to pay for, there is no Warhammer without chaos. I've learned my lesson from Rome 2 but CA obliviously hasn't learned . All confidence I had for this game being different has now been crushed may as well wait a year to get the complete edition instead of wasting my money buying the game in pieces... I'd expect something like Skaven to be paid DLC not ing Chaos, what is next? Split chaos into a further 3 factions for each God? Good job EA CA you can kiss a full price purchase from me goodbye. ing disgusting.

It is free. If you pre-order. But it is still free.
    I don't think you're very good at money management if you can't see why this is not true and why giving companies money before a product is delivered with no guarantees and no interest return is a bad idea. How old are you? I'm guessing early 20s.

Death, fire and metal? I dont have access to my books right now, but do sorcerers not use their own chaos lores anymore?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Well I'm going to pre-order and if its shite I do steam refunds.

So it's going to be Chaos Undivided ONLY? That's somehow even worse than "just" one unit per God.

edit: I absolutely guarantee you that the Huns would have gotten the same treatment if the community hadn't railed against "unplayable Huns" from the get go.
    Last edited by Arimahn; October 22, 2015 at 12:31 PM.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    So it's going to be Chaos Undivided ONLY? That's somehow even worse than "just" one unit per God.

edit: I absolutely guarantee you that the Huns would have gotten the same treatment if the community hadn't railed against "unplayable Huns" from the get go.

More heroes and stuffs will come as dlc/flc

Chaos as DLC... well is like a Rome 2 with Carthage DLC at day 1... Bravo CA, Bravo. The most important faction, with Empire, in Warhammer and you sell us as DLC...

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think that there is a direct relation between how juicy the pre-order dlcs are and how scared the developer/publisher is of the quality of its game and how good it will fare at launch.

This is no doubt a very juicy dlc for almost everyone, so be advised.

In my humble opinion, making one of the most loved armies in the game, the third most requested faction in these forums, a pre-order bonus is just low as hell and bad business practice, specially considering that they KNOW there is a lot of people who have been advocating for holding the hype in and waiting for reviews since Rome 2. Now you know what they mean when they say they "listen to the community". Pre-order dlc bonuses should NEVER be significant parts of the game (as this indeed is), but external perks (books, figurines, soundtracks, other games, making ofs etc) or minor in-game stuff that does not alter the gameplay significantly (like aesthetic changes).

If not, go check the pre-order bonuses for some of the aparent Game of the Year candidates (and some of the top-selling games this year for those already released) like The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne or the upcoming Fallout IV. Yes, in case you don't want to bother, all of them consist on maps, aesthetic skins, artwork booklets, weapons, soundtracks and so on. Hell, right now CA/SEGA (whoever is to blame for this) are even lower than EA themselves. Check the pre-order bonuses for the deluxe edition of Star Wars: Battlefront:

• DL44 blaster – as made famous by Han Solo
    • Ion Grenade
    • Ion Torpedo
    • Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
    • Victory (exclusive emote)

Now what CA/SEGA has just done is essentially on par with making Boba Fett a pre-order bonus.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 22, 2015 at 01:09 PM.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

I have to agree that this is deeply disappointing, and for me personally, casts a lot of doubt considering the quality of the game at release. I mean they're literally making 20% of the game a Pre-order DLC. And for me, it's more like 50% since I'm not very interested in playing Orcs, Dwarves or Vampire Counts. I imagine there are a lot of other Warhammer fans who would rate Chaos and Empire as the 2 most important factions in the entire universe. And why is this a pre-order "bonus DLC"?

Upon hearing this, I'm more convinced than ever that pre-ordering would be a very bad idea (not that I was planning to pre-order previously). This is simply unprecedented. Even Rome 2 and Attila didn't go nowhere this far in terms of cutting off a part of a game and making it a "pre-order bonus". If CA/Sega feels they have to use Chaos as a bait for making people pre-order, then one has to seriously doubt their confidence in the quality of the actual product itself.

CA doesnt doubt about the quallity of this game, they want money. If you release a pre-order DLC as Skavens or Bretonnia is ok, but if you use Chaos, one of the most important think in games-workshop (not only warhammer) lore, many more people will pre-order the game. To me, this shows how CA cut the game, we are returnning into Rome 2 times, I hope this will change, or Warhammer TW will be bad future.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    Not for those who do not preorder.
    They will be in the game files, you won't be able to play with them in campaign and multiplayer. you can still fight against them in your campaign.

You guys are surprised? Back when everyone was wondering about "Only 4 races???" I was saying that Chaos is the prime candidate fo pre-order/day one DLC. And here it is. Remember, you read it here first. Brought to you by the ruinous powers

Your naivity is amusing...

what is also amusing is that we now know more about the pre-orderDLC faction than about anyone of the others, namely exactly which units they are oing to have.

I´m also amused by the language they choose to describe this "new" race. Dude, all of them are going to be new, the game is not even released yet
    Last edited by GatoVolador; October 22, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I think they know they'll do what they did with Rome 2 (screw up in a bad way) and they are trying to bait people into buying it before reviews can come out.

This news completely killed any meagre hype I had for this game. I'll be waiting for reviews, and probably the 14 patches they'll have to release for the game before considering buying it in a 95% discount steam sale pack.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Preorder DLC has never been a problem as I always bought on launch. Not this time. no game is getting £49.99 no matter how much I like it.
    I'll get it later on at a key site or steam sale when it is below £29.99 with DLC included into that price tag.

£49.99 my arse.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Cortes View Post
    CA doesnt doubt about the quallity of this game, they want money. If you release a pre-order DLC as Skavens or Bretonnia is ok, but if you use Chaos, one of the most important think in games-workshop (not only warhammer) lore, many more people will pre-order the game. To me, this shows how CA cut the game, we are returnning into Rome 2 times, I hope this will change, or Warhammer TW will be bad future.
    If they want money, then just make the dlc available for purchase after release and not a pre-release bonus. That way they would make even more money (game+dlc) if the product happened to be actually good. This is just a way of avoiding a loss of sales due to early, serious reviews.

I'd consider Skaven or Bretonnia as pre-order bonuses as awful as this.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 22, 2015 at 01:44 PM.