Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post
    Or maybe the noise they hear from internet critic is just a minor inconvenience and the Preorder sales are piling up enough money to buy ear plugs for all employees?
    There must be a reason if somthing bad (for customers) is happening again and again.
    Attila sold horrible already, and with that (pre-order) dlc-policy the sales of Warhammer will keep under the expectations aswell.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; October 23, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

So they haven't even finished the game and are already selling DLC... modern game companies, they are all the same. I will buy this game, when it's dirt cheap and golden in some offer in 2017 or 2018, no hurries from my side.

I would love exactly 0 people pre-ordered the game so they could learn something, however ADHD teens with fat wallets abound. Still it seems like a really poor choice, it seems they are desperate for money NAOW.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; October 23, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en espańol? Mira por aca.

Angry Joe caught on this as well, seems he is urging the community to voice their displeasure. Looks like he'll try to build some bridges to CA and maybe get something done about pre-order DLCs in Total War.

This could be a step forward, or it could discredit Angry Joe and the community if handled incorrectly.

Libertus

It is a shame DarrenTotalWar is hired by CA, he could have done a good (neutral) video discussion on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by D@gget View Post
    Angry Joe caught on this as well, seems he is urging the community to voice their displeasure. Looks like he'll try to build some bridges to CA and maybe get something done about pre-order DLCs in Total War.

This could be a step forward, or it could discredit Angry Joe and the community if handled incorrectly.
    no need to watch whole video here at 5:50 he starts talking about the relevant issue and what can be done

War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Angry joe pisses me off sometimes, since not so long a go he was in a interview with CA and he just behaved like a kid that never experienced game industry(There's gonna be magic and battles and RAWAWARRGA) I mean jeesh just take it with a little grain of salt since you know this is CA and not to mention I expected an Angry Rant from him sooner or later(even before this specific DLC fiasco).

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I'm sure they knew what they would be getting. I also doubt it's a coincidence that they made a SEGA guy star the preview when it's usually just CA staff.

That's the most likely case. Take Star Wars Battlefront for instance. They are doing almost everything hardcore gamers would have hated in either Battlefront or Battlefield, and still the game is probably going to end up being one of the most (if not the most) successful DICE title in history even when it certainly looks like a casual, mindless run and gun fest.

And that's why I believe that casual gamers (and by extension, consoles) are polluting the gaming industry. Most people just buy games without giving it more than a thought after seeing a pretty trailer or just asking the dude at a Gamestop, and also every day that passes there is more people who prefer quick, casual games over slower, more complex stuff. A point might be raised that those games appeal to most players and that they are actually fun to play (as fun as eating sunflower seeds, but fun nonetheless), so that this tendency would actually be benefiting the vast majority and that we are nothing but a whiny niche (which is true whatever the case ).
    Oh god forbid lots of people like the same hobby as you, the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Angry joe pisses me off sometimes, since not so long a go he was in a interview with CA and he just behaved like a kid that never experienced game industry(There's gonna be magic and battles and RAWAWARRGA) I mean jeesh just take it with a little grain of salt since you know this is CA and not to mention I expected an Angry Rant from him sooner or later(even before this specific DLC fiasco).
    Sorry but we aren't cyborgs, we get excited for things. I'm sure he realised they may it up but there's nothing wrong with him being excited for the idea of Total Warhammer. And if they haven't done anything wrong in the development up to that point then he shouldn't treat them like they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    Sorry but we aren't cyborgs, we get excited for things. I'm sure he realised they may it up but there's nothing wrong with him being excited for the idea of Total Warhammer. And if they haven't done anything wrong in the development up to that point then he shouldn't treat them like they have.
    So you are saying one should get burned again and again, and fall in the same trap again and again?
    AJ shouldn't attack them and bash them until given proper reason, but he also shouldn't get excited as 12-old at flashy graphics and monsters. Not to mention that in the interview the CA spokesperson practically says "Hey we won't give you a proper SP tw campaign, oh now we are going to milk and milk and milk the out of this with endless DLC campaigns."

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So you are saying one should get burned again and again, and fall in the same trap again and again?
    No. Unless you think that getting excited is some sort of horrible trap. Then sure, why not. I think the only TW that didn't eventually end up being an acceptable product to my mind is probably Empire, they just didn't fix it properly. And if Warhammer were an acceptable product, priced along the lines of previous total wars then there's every reason to be excited.

AJ shouldn't attack them and bash them until given proper reason, but he also shouldn't get excited as 12-old at flashy graphics and monsters. Not to mention that in the interview the CA spokesperson practically says "Hey we won't give you a proper SP tw campaign, oh now we are going to milk and milk and milk the out of this with endless DLC campaigns."
    Eh, I disagree. And I don't recall the CA spokeperson saying that. What point made you decide that he was saying that there wouldn't be a "proper" TW SP campaign?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Attila sold horrible already, and with that (pre-order) dlc-policy the sales of Warhammer will keep under the expectations aswell.
    Maybe that could have something to do with the "main protagonists" itself? If I had to choose, I would take a "Rome" or "Shogun" scenario over Attila or Napoleon. It is just personal taste in that case

I am pretty sure you also underestimate the influence of the Warhammer fans that will boost the sales in the end. After flipping GW off for Endtimes & AoS many people want this game badly, because it is a beacon of hope and brings us back to our beloved old world. Of course that number could be better with a 40k title but i hope and think that Relic+Sega will dish us that too...in time.
    If I see it right, Attila had one month after release around 250.000 sold copies. Vermintide is out since yesterday and seems to have around 110.000. And that game is a "low budget" niche title. Yes, these are just stupid numbers and if we tear them down we could argue why we can't compare them fair and square. But I think the Warhammer logo has some value to show in these numbers.

-----Red Dox

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

On the topic at hand, now that I think og it, they showcased first cut-out DLC race half a year before release, AND before showcasing all the ones that aren't DLC. That just seems... Weird way of doing things.
    Last edited by Finlander; October 24, 2015 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Continuity

Hahaha Oh people nowadays, just drinking coffe and laughing at all this [emoji23]. I only pre ordered for High King Edition, because yes I was waiting for fusion of TW and Warhammer for 12 years. I am absolutely not angry or disappointed because I knew it will happen.

People were so eager and speculating what DLC race will be available, because yeah we want more!

The only thing about this, that makes me upset is that we barely know anything about current Races, they jump around and keep saying "we can't talk about Vampire Counts but SOON!" months ago.

Suddenly. ..Boom! Full roster for Chaos Warriors and their mechanics and we know more about DLC, and not a single info about Vampire Counts, because we know about 3 Races now, of course they could post full unit roster for them by now.

I played demo at EGX and I guarantee that game already feels polished and much better than ATTILA, and that is already good TW game.

Another thing, quality of this DLC is not ing copy/paste human factions from Rome II or Attila, new models and animations, but one Unique Race.... have you people noticed that the quality improved with Attila DLC'S already? First DLC's were only culture packs with one or two unique HUMAN units with same model. You have whole new animations and models in this one ffs!

I think CA offers much better content than let's say Star Wars Battlefront, wait and watch the outrage will be and it is already on massive scale.

Now get your together CA and give us something nice in return next week, massive info, video gameplay, something! I'm standing on neutral ground and just laughing at this, not happy with some things but on the other hand I get why people are angry... they just can't get over Rome II.
    Last edited by englisharcher89; October 24, 2015 at 04:49 AM.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Ahh, there is already only 4 faction and they lock a warhammer core faction.. . Maybe I would buy this game with bundle cheap only.. Yea this company dont listen to their funs or reason.. I hope this company bankrups and and a new trustfull company takes their place..
    Last edited by Finlander; October 24, 2015 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Promoting Illegal activities

I don't get it. They are releasing information on DLC 6 months before release of the game. 6 months?! IT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME. DLC are little add on's not 1/4 of the game.

I am not a die hard Warhammer fan, i played a little in my youth. But everyone knows Chaos are an important race. It would be like for ME3, to not have France or dare I say the Papal States in the game.

In truth I wasn't going to buy this game, this decision hasn't confirmed that for me. What it's done is make me think CA thinks the community are a bunch of bellends.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nope, not buying this. Sega & CA have really lost it now. I skipped rome 2 and atilla, and it looks like i'm skipping warhammer as well.

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gillam I View Post
    I don't get it. They are releasing information on DLC 6 months before release of the game. 6 months?! IT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME. DLC are little add on's not 1/4 of the game.

I am not a die hard Warhammer fan, i played a little in my youth. But everyone knows Chaos are an important race. It would be like for ME3, to not have France or dare I say the Papal States in the game.

In truth I wasn't going to buy this game, this decision hasn't confirmed that for me. What it's done is make me think CA thinks the community are a bunch of bellends.
    Absolutely. No reason for Chaos not to be playable on release for everyone. This sort of thing needs to stop. To me its ridiculous that people not only find this acceptable, but will actually pre-order.

The problem is they are cutting from the game, if you did this IRL it would be called robbery! I love CA, i love warhammer and i wanna support them, but if we allow the DLC whoring, soon everyone will start doing it. Imagine if you bought Doom but you got the shotgun only if you preordered lol.
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I personally won't be buying the game, I hate what they are doing and am boycotting it.

There is no justification for it. It is not a big deal, personally, but don't try to justify it. I understand the hate and I share it, but just don't try and claim the moral high ground pirating is bad. No matter how scammy CA/SEGA is.
    Last edited by Finlander; October 24, 2015 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Continuity
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Just wait for a sale guys.
    Alot of games coming out soon like Fallout 4 and farcry 5 "looks interesting".

Just don't buy the game.
    It's not a must and knowing CA and how much they want people to pre-order it means that this game have alooot of problems...give it a year to ripe and then pick it for a 20$.
    Also by then then maybe some one here would have figured a way to mod it and it becomes even better.