Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: How Could CA Improve their Relationship with the Community?

Default Re: How Could CA Improve their Relationship with the Community?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    ah yes, I can't wait to play as a voiced protagonist and 4 choices of dialog. should do wonders for an RPG game.
    I wanted to play as a cannibal raider on jet, not a upper-lower middle class guy who gets out of a vault
    Actually it doesnt grab me much either but others like it and the arguement re fallouts is ok the graphics might not be great but it offers hours of enjoyment and gameplay is what counts. I personally want graphics and gameplay but then am fussy like that

p.s I loved Skyrim...huge success...so much to do in that game..

Witcher - graphic and gameplay.
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Default Re: What can CA do to win back your trust before release?

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    I really don't understand where you're coming from here. You're blaming CA for their bad business practices but then you're blaming the community for being mad at CA for having said bad business practices? It's a forum where people talk about things that please them and displease them (or it's youtube comments or it's whatever), as much as they don't have to buy the game, nor do you have to read their moaning.
    I'm not saying they can't moan or anything. I agree: Forums are a way of people issuing their grievances and discussion of what to do about it. I'm just past that and will keep suggesting them direct ways to take action on their grievances. I mean, CA still hasn't backed down at all, I would suggest those not liking what is occurring to at least make a steam group of people who won't buy WTW. This could demonstrate real numbers to CA of what sales were lost (if the steam group was notably large enough, that is).

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I'm not saying they can't moan or anything. I agree: Forums are a way of people issuing their grievances and discussion of what to do about it. I'm just past that and will keep suggesting them direct ways to take action on their grievances. I mean, CA still hasn't backed down at all, I would suggest those not liking what is occurring to at least make a steam group of people who won't buy WTW. This could demonstrate real numbers to CA of what sales were lost (if the steam group was notably large enough, that is).
    why would ca back down though? and why should ca back down? it is just business. and in my case, I gain chaos dlc for free. I am happy, ca is happy win win! for me at least.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    why would ca back down though? and why should ca back down? it is just business. and in my case, I gain chaos dlc for free. I am happy, ca is happy win win! for me at least.
    They should back down if no one buys it etc. The issue doesn't bother me but I don't see how else they expect Sega to budge, lots of people complaining on the forums isn't really much to CA if they haven't even begun to compromise.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    They should back down if no one buys it etc. The issue doesn't bother me but I don't see how else they expect Sega to budge, lots of people complaining on the forums isn't really much to CA if they haven't even begun to compromise.
    true. if ca is using the pre order numbers this early base on the chaos dlc to get more funding from sega and the numbers are not up to their estimates, it will change.

think someone can get their hands on the pre order numbers?
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    true. if ca is using the pre order numbers this early base on the chaos dlc to get more funding from sega and the numbers are not up to their estimates, it will change.

think someone can get their hands on the pre order numbers?
    I've checked the top selling chart on steam, and WTW was #2 for half a day or so but seems to be in the 6th page after that. What those sales actually are is hard to tell,b ut I'd imagine the 6th page of steam can't be much. It might also be "good enough" for SEGA to not admit fault and try to wait it out while they keep enticing people with the unit, faction, race, gameplay, and lord reveals.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

All of the DLC would be worth it to me if it actually added diversity and real changes - not more of the same. But, the main differences from the former Total War games is the modding potential. I am actually way more positive to DLC and expansions than the rest of the community, but one thing I truly hate are these "culture packs". I remember the good old days when you could play other factions after you defeated them in the campaign! What a great system! CA needs to find its roots again. Modding, while probably easier today when it comes to unit creation, needs to return. We need to be able to create new campaign maps, change cities, implement the hot seat function from medieval 2 kingdoms, thus bringing back a lot of what the golden age of Total War was about. I have bought almost every DLC for the Paradox games of Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, because they are either actual changes, they are really cheap, or they are cosmetic changes I can actually appreciate. "Empires of Sand" is not such a DLC I can appreciate. We should have been able to play these factions from the start. CA could have added unit packs afterwards, perhaps, but this would be then be added content, not "cut" content, something I am totally fine with.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    All of the DLC would be worth it to me if it actually added diversity and real changes - not more of the same. But, the main differences from the former Total War games is the modding potential. I am actually way more positive to DLC and expansions than the rest of the community, but one thing I truly hate are these "culture packs". I remember the good old days when you could play other factions after you defeated them in the campaign! What a great system! CA needs to find its roots again. Modding, while probably easier today when it comes to unit creation, needs to return. We need to be able to create new campaign maps, change cities, implement the hot seat function from medieval 2 kingdoms, thus bringing back a lot of what the golden age of Total War was about. I have bought almost every DLC for the Paradox games of Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, because they are either actual changes, they are really cheap, or they are cosmetic changes I can actually appreciate. "Empires of Sand" is not such a DLC I can appreciate. We should have been able to play these factions from the start. CA could have added unit packs afterwards, perhaps, but this would be then be added content, not "cut" content, something I am totally fine with.
    Agreed. I don't mind DLC. It's DLC done badly or dishonestly that annoys me.
    Skyrim, Oblivion and Witcher 3 do DLC brilliantly (mostly) imo. Culture packs usually reek of locking things in the game behind a pay wall (eg Sparta and Chaos). Things like additional campaigns/storylines and locations are great (eg Emperor edition and Last Roman). It's down to personal opinion really.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112