Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: CA response

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: CA response

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    para should make a clone of tw series. show ca how it is done, how to make a tw game right. never thought I had to explain my own mocking posts. well there it is.
    No need to go so high. A tiny studio such as Game-Labs has created a game (UG:Gettysburg) which, while far from perfect or from being called an amazing games, has battles that I've enjoyed way more than those of any TW I've played in the past few years. If what you are saying is that they can't achieve the level of complexity CA's got after 15 years of essentially making the same game again and again, then I agree, they lack the resources and the expertise, but games are not just about pretty graphics and cool combat animations. Games have to be enjoyable, and there are plenty of smaller games made by smaller studios which right now are more enjoyable than TW, even when they don't get absurdly positive reviews from sites like IGN or Gamespot.

But I insisis't, I'd like to see CA try to emulate some of the features present in Paradox games, which would fit perfectly in TW and see how far they get.

I would love to see paradox make a clone of any TW game since rome I. maybe then paradox fanbois will finally quiet down. If the clone is truly better, I would also become a paradox fanboy and be happy about it when that happens I would humbly stfu and help you guys praise paradox.
    Again, they don't have neither the resources nor the expertise to pull off such a big game overnight just like that.

I'm a much bigger TW fanboy than I am a Paradox fanboy, but that does not mean I can't appreciate the obvious strenghts each one has.

TW games are not just about the battle, it is the 3D campaign map combined with battles that make up the magic.
    Obviously, but the signature of TW are the battles, and the game without the battles is just a piece of junk, while in the other hand, Paradox games with no battles at all are pretty solid, and definatelly way more enjoyable than TW campaigns. There are plenty of grand strategy games which are similar (and often better) to TW, and the only thing that separates TW from those are the battles. Hence, TW is about the battles, period. As I said, the campaign is necessary, but only as a platform to create a narrative link between battles and little

when the entire game is about the campaign map + info panels, it better be well made. and why would ca make a clone of paradox games when it is just a tiny market compare to their own tw series? incentive bro, there is non in cloning a paradox game.
    You don't need to clone it. There are some features which TW already has which are just superior in Paradox games, like diplomacy. Not because they gave diplomacy a better functionality that would have meant they would only catter to a niche market...

the only real threat for tw games is the new mount and blade game with better graphics. that is a game worth salivating for.
    Also made by a tiny Turkish studio with little resources.

could you imagine a TW game that lets you control unit formations/attacks/battlefield and lets you take control of any single soldier on the battlefield?
    I can. That was actually in my wishlist for TW:Warhammer.

In any case, I don't really see what does this have to do with the discussion at hand.

"Operating at a loss" - LOL.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And here gamers realize that, oh shocker, companies have budgets and revenue projections. These preorder bonuses existing in the main game AT ALL is purely due to the goodwill of CA adding additional content to an original release. And the entire forum does nothing but . And then you all wonder why nobody comes here anymore.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    And here gamers realize that, oh shocker, companies have budgets and revenue projections. These preorder bonuses existing in the main game AT ALL is purely due to the goodwill of CA adding additional content to an original release. And the entire forum does nothing but . And then you all wonder why nobody comes here anymore.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    How come their games and business practices get shitier and greedier when they budgets and sales increase?

You really are delusional if you think people don't know money is not needed to make a game. Besides does Projekt RED make Witcher games with hot air, since they you know have use no questionable practices .

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    True. But for Warhammer fantasy world, I'd rather go in a HoMM approach for the campaign map. Not in its design, but in what you can get from there. It would be cool in Warhammer TW to be able to visit unique locations on map, trigger events, fight random armies defending loot or villages and so on... Just my own personal view.
    Isn't that what quest battles are gonna be like in some ways?
    anyway CA does over promise and under deliver so kinda miffed.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    No need to go so high. A tiny studio such as Game-Labs has created a game (UG:Gettysburg) which, while far from perfect or from being called an amazing games, has battles that I've enjoyed way more than those of any TW I've played in the past few years. If what you are saying is that they can't achieve the level of complexity CA's got after 15 years of essentially making the same game again and again, then I agree, they lack the resources and the expertise, but games are not just about pretty graphics and cool combat animations. Games have to be enjoyable, and there are plenty of smaller games made by smaller studios which right now are more enjoyable than TW, even when they don't get absurdly positive reviews from sites like IGN or Gamespot.

But I insisis't, I'd like to see CA try to emulate some of the features present in Paradox games, which would fit perfectly in TW and see how far they get.

Again, they don't have neither the resources nor the expertise to pull off such a big game overnight just like that.

I'm a much bigger TW fanboy than I am a Paradox fanboy, but that does not mean I can't appreciate the obvious strenghts each one has.

Obviously, but the signature of TW are the battles, and the game without the battles is just a piece of junk, while in the other hand, Paradox games with no battles at all are pretty solid, and definatelly way more enjoyable than TW campaigns. There are plenty of grand strategy games which are similar (and often better) to TW, and the only thing that separates TW from those are the battles. Hence, TW is about the battles, period. As I said, the campaign is necessary, but only as a platform to create a narrative link between battles and little

You don't need to clone it. There are some features which TW already has which are just superior in Paradox games, like diplomacy. Not because they gave diplomacy a better functionality that would have meant they would only catter to a niche market...

Also made by a tiny Turkish studio with little resources.

I can. That was actually in my wishlist for TW:Warhammer.

In any case, I don't really see what does this have to do with the discussion at hand.
    ca must make a clone of EU4 because higo insists! I dunno how to respond to that degree of self importance

why do you keep on trying to cut up the tw game into pieces when it is the sum of all it's part that is magical?

grand strategy? like which games? do you honestly see paradox style diplomacy working in a tw game? where the ultimate objective is to conquer?

I really don't mind people liking certain aspect of games like you do higo, but it gets on my nerves when people claims so n so devs are better with nothing to back it up.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Isn't that what quest battles are gonna be like in some ways?
    anyway CA does over promise and under deliver so kinda miffed.
    don't pre order till you are sure, easy enough. or pre order and have the refund option after you watch some reviews you trust. simple right?
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Y'all are greedy s. Seriously they're making good games for a dying platform, with minimal profits, and you want to complain about how you don't get to play as Chaos unless you buy a goddamn DLC.

If you don't like their games so much or their
    "business practices" sod off.

Senator

don't pre order till you are sure, easy enough. or pre order and have the refund option after you watch some reviews you trust. simple right?
    pretty much.
    the fact that CA is gonna send stuff to reviewers before game launch is heartening.

pretty much.
    the fact that CA is gonna send stuff to reviewers before game launch is heartening.
    exactly. which is why I honestly don't understand the hate ca is still getting from some posters. the buyers have at least 2 options right now and plenty of time to make up their minds.
    fear is helluva drug

Senator

exactly. which is why I honestly don't understand the hate ca is still getting from some posters. the buyers have at least 2 options right now and plenty of time to make up their minds.
    well, you are on TWC, famous because it doesn't want to play Pontus.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Could someone explain to me how CA intend to pay for the fifth playable faction (Chaos Warriors) in the first game? Apparently they never budgeted for the Chaos Warriors.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Could someone explain to me how CA intend to pay for the fifth playable faction (Chaos Warriors) in the first game? Apparently they never budgeted for the Chaos Warriors.
    post release DLC, since it was finished ahead of schedule, they plopped it as a pre order bonus.
    If enough people pre order, they can show their sugar daddy sega that there is interest for a Warhammer TW and make them invest more.

It a coincidence that when CA gets some flak users here start using the "hate" word? Perhaps its the same posters as well.

I can assure you hate is something not something I personally use when referring to computer games. That's incredibly pathetic...

Most people are way past hate, lets call it pity/disgust/contempt. At least with hate might infer one cares...

But seriously lets move away from the childish feelings about things no and discuss things like adults (is hard on here considering some of the users).

p.s like the elves analogy Modestus.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; November 05, 2015 at 04:51 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    It a coincidence that when CA gets some flak users here start using the "hate" word? Perhaps its the same posters as well.

I can assure you hate is something not something I personally use when referring to computer games. That's incredibly pathetic...

Most people are way past hate, lets call it pity/disgust/contempt. At least with hate might infer one cares...

But seriously lets move away from the childish feelings about things no and discuss things like adults (is hard on here considering some of the users).

p.s like the elves analogy Modestus. Pretty much sums up CA's excuses...
    It has more to do with people going full turbo mode on their conspiracies for CA being the worst company on this side of the EIC
    there is a thread on the attila forums saying contending that CA is pushing germanocentricism in Total war.

It has more to do with people going full turbo mode on their conspiracies for CA being the worst company on this side of the EIC
    there is a thread on the attila forums saying contending that CA is pushing germanocentricism in Total war.
    Conspiracies? You might call them that...some have been around here long enough to notice certain trends with CA so forgive me if I keep my tinfoil hat on

Btw that germanocentricism surely was a pathetic trolling attempt by someone and wasnt taken seriously at all?

That's the least of their worries trust me.

And worst company? Actually am struggling to find one that is as bad at the moment.

Yeah you have your EA's etc...but they do pump money back into their titles...e.g take a look at the star wars. Whilst I think it is somewhat fail you cant argue with the graphics...

The recent batman sage was shocking. Apart from that who else...yeah Ubisoft is pretty much milking the assassins creed. And the Cod series but really only kids are really into that.

Coincidentally the company of heroes saga is now Sega and that has gone downhill (same DLC scenarios). So you could argue SEGA is the real culprit...

p.s oh and the free to play world of warships is exibiting some nasty marketing techniques. So CA arent alone but I think people are getting pissed off with these money making schemes especially when the product doesnt deliver or it's fairly crap dlc.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; November 05, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

Senator

Conspiracies? You might call them that...some have been around here long enough to notice certain trends with CA so forgive me if I keep my tinfoil hat on

Btw that germanocentricism surely was a pathetic trolling attempt by someone and wasnt taken seriously at all?

That's the least of their worries trust me.

And worst company? Actually am struggling to find one that is as bad at the moment.

Yeah you have your EA's etc...but they do pump money back into their titles...e.g take a look at the star wars. Whilst I think it is somewhat fail you cant argue with the graphics...

The recent batman sage was shocking. Apart from that who else...yeah Ubisoft is pretty much milking the assassins creed. And the Cod series but really only kids are really into that.

Coincidentally the company of heroes saga is now Sega and that has gone downhill (same DLC scenarios). So you could argue SEGA is the real culprit...

p.s oh and the free to play world of warships is exibiting some nasty marketing techniques. So CA arent alone but I think people are getting pissed off with these money making schemes especially when the product doesnt deliver or it's fairly crap dlc.
    Dunno, some of the stuff in TWC make sense when you look at it in isolation, but sometimes people go over the top in hating on CA.
    The GERMANS-ARE-COMING conspiracy was a bit too much for me.

Regarding EA, they have been making their games dumber for years on end and killing studios.
    Hell battlefield is now a pale shadow of what it once was in BF:V

Bethesda has been making games that offer a little less everytime since oblivion.

I must disagree on COH2. the only thing it has lost out compared to the original CoH is the modding scene, but the gameplay has evolved in a far better manner. Tank combat is satisfying, AT weapons don't hard counter heavy vehicles 100% of the time, vaulting and true LOS is pretty great.
    yes the commanders tree is scummy, but I like grinding out the commanders.

At least CA has been improving it's DLC except the pre order bonuses.
    take attila for example
    Empires>>>Viking 4fathers in terms of gameplay and campaign politics.

More likely the whole 'THQ goes bust' reason but feel free to make your own narrative. Were it not for Sega there would likely not even be a CoH2.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Which would be better. :p
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...