Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
It certainly is enjoyable! After a few disastrous campaigns, I've not had this much fun for quite a while, nor this much success. I'm looking forward to the campaign for Egypt, I've already captured Damietta (screenie to follow later/tomorrow) and performed the required unpleasantries. I briefly managed to vassalise the Zengids, but their alliance with the Fatimids meant that the relationship was broken within a turn as the Egyptians launched another, this time smaller, attack on Ascalon and the Zengids unsurprisingly stuck with their own. I'm hoping now to crush the Fatimids and re-vassalise the Zengids, as you say to create a buffer between Outremer and the big, looming blue mass on the horizon.

I hadn't considered trying to take Sis. I secured an alliance early with the Seljuks of Rum. On a previous campaign I made a tentative strike at Sis on the way back from a Crusade and got ruined; those Armenian units are terrifically powerful (and make great mercenaries). I had no idea you could actually recruit them from a city. That rather bumps it to the top of my priority list.

And I'm absolutely loving your Roman campaign. I tried to rep you but I've done it too recently, and then didn't want to double-post. I've only briefly experimented with them in SS, and it's easy to see why people feel the way they do about them. Are you going to do more episodes?
I think I should have more material to post by the end of the week. And yes, you can recruit Armenians as regular units from a mercenary barracks.

Thanks, MWY