Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

I was allied with england, i even giving them tons of times money to win war against french. They expanded very much. And then they betrayed me.... THey forgot who helped them, but i remember who betray me!

Now England got removed from europe for 3rd time this year.

They chieldrens are put in chains... men in graveyards... and women...you know that part...

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I do not believe the common folk should suffer for the decisions of their king.

Shame on you.

Sacking is probably best anyway, as it keeps all the buildings in place. Population grows back much faster than you can build to get the public order bonuses...

It does help to remove or sabotage buildings like high level Markets and docks as their -law may be troublesome. Also high level farms (only the Irrigation/Plantation, low level ones don't add to much growth but let you train Peasants for garrison).
    Last edited by Alavaria; July 14, 2016 at 02:36 PM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I only occupy.

Only the sons of Mars should feel the wrath of War.

Sadly, that would damage the StrategyDread level of my attacking generals, which is more important.

Sadly, the blood of tons of people (Sacking is as good as Exterminating if it's >30% of your own religion) powers their ability to win field battles much more easily than otherwise

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    They chieldrens are put in chains... men in graveyards... and women...you know that part...
    This reminds me of an old joke about king Ibn Saud, in Saudi Arabia. They say he conquered Arabia with two swords: the sword of steel, and the 'sword of flesh'. The sword of flesh referred to his... well you can guess! By marrying many women from different tribes, in this way he united the tribes of Arabia!
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; July 22, 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

My little Serbian knjazevina

And proud leader

Little bonus - Sicialian parchant

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Icon14 Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

I like this game , it's challenging.
    My recent battle , Aragon (me) vs Moors - I was too much confident of my troops & commanding skills.
    Enemy had a lot of cavalry and from particular moment everything went very very fast (& furious).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I almost completly lost, what saved me was the quality & number (40) of my King's bodyguard Knights.

Updated :
    Thanks j.a.luna for corrections.
    I like one detail in battles : the individual cavalrymen can break through tiny line of spearmen - but such spear unit can still hold.
    You need to have some backup on the second line to deal with such individual 'line-breakers'.
    Last edited by tmodelsk; July 25, 2016 at 06:39 PM.

Haha yes tmodelsk you have to be careful and dont undervalue some armies in this game, it is much challenge and you have to make good strategies
    Pd: is crown of Aragon, not Aragorn this is the lord of the ring
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Islamic - Arabic map of the world & crusaders. Interesting.

Found on https://histoireislamique.wordpress....re-de-legypte/

Siege of Al-Basra

Sat down and finished this for my campaign so far (my M2TW doesn't like me anymore so welp I guess??)

I decided to try a migration campaign!

1. Playing as the Fatimids
    2. Migration target: Tunisia

My first step: I decided to sell my provinces to the Moors, in exchange for an alliance. First I sold Gaza, then I sold Upper Egypt, for 5,000 florins each time. Meanwhile, the bulk of my army and generals set sail for Tunisia, and made landfall at al Mahdiya, ready to settle in their new home...

The next step was a furious city assault battle, in which my troops came ashore and attempted to seize control of the castle. My thinking was that by taking al Mahdiya first, I would then be able to train troops locally to reinforce my armies and continue the conquest. However, the enemy had other ideas, and my troops faced a hard battle to break into the city and defeat the enemy forces.

The battle turned into a long, hard slog in the streets. Much of my infantry was destroyed at the walls, and I was forced to send in my cavalry and archers to continue the desperate fight. Eventually, after a gruelling uphill battle just outside the second line of defenses, my forces were able to break through and charge into the city square, surging forward and overwhelming the last defenders. I had won, but only by a sword's edge.

With al Mahdiya now under my control, I decided the time had come to accelerate the sale of Egypt. So I sold off my remaining provinces to the Moors. Diplomacy can be useful! Although at 5,000 florins per city, (the AI refused to pay any more), it was painful to say goodbye.

With Egypt sold, I set up my capital in Tunisia, which I captured following a long siege. Our new capital suddenly caused the income of my new provinces to soar upwards, unleashing the economic potential of my new lands. Tunisia is our home! Long may our new empire prosper...

But trouble may be lurking on the horizon... a Sicilian army has landed near our capital. I can't help but suspect their motives are not good... but there can be no doubt, should they choose to attack, the hated Crusader imperialist oppressor will not succeed. Instead, I have plans to cross the ocean and take their lands... the island of Sicily is rightfully Arab. It shall be returned to the Fatimid domains, inshallah!

Amusingly, my top generals go through a lot of epithets, by turn 60, I had observed the following 3:
    1: Podesta Baldassare, the Merciless, the Victorious, the Faithless, the Malevolent, the Merciless (x2)
    2: Podesta Soderino the Wrathful, the Merciless, the Malevolent, the Killer, the Cunning
    3: Consigliere Marco the Wrathful, the Mauler, the Merciless, the Tyrant

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I've been surprised by how fast he can expand in his campaigns.
    This post has made me competitive! I want to share two more screenies. I restarted my Migration campaign after a Crusade was called on Tunis. I lost count of how many crusader full stacks attacked me. I destroyed at least six full stacks in battle, but in the end about 16 factions sent two stacks each at me = about 32 enemy stacks trying to attack my capital. After 30 turns of being trapped in my city, unable to expand or do anything, and fighting endless battles against the Crusade, I got frustrated and bored and gave up on the campaign. Crusades need to be nerfed, they are ridiculously OP (over-powered). It's just not enjoyable and completely ruined the campaign. But anyway I digress. So I started again and this time I decided to attack Italy first. I wanted to rebuild the Emirate of Bari, as well as the Emirate of Sicily. After just 16 turns, this is my progress

Some more screenshots from my migration campaign!

After capturing Reggio di Calabria, then Palermo, then recapturing Reggio after it briefly fell, I moved on and took Bari. After Bari, I met a large Sicilian army in battle in Apulia.

After crushing their army in battle, I was able to advance on Naples. I laid siege to the city, which was their last remaining settlement.

The city fell in a brutal assault, which brought the kingdom of Sicily to an end. To commemorate my victory over these barbaric people, I built a mosque in Naples.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ bigdaddy1204, I've moved your post above here because I think that's a more relevant location for it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ bigdaddy1204, I've moved your post above here because I think that's a more relevant location for it.
    Ok, thanks.

The point about Crusades was a serious discussion topic though; I think Crusades are over powered. I had to restart my campaign because of it. Is there any chance this could be changed in future versions?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

No problem Mate

I'm not sure that the feature can be adjusted but if yes, we'll do it as it can prevent also some issues (f.e. too many crusading armies standing around the settlement and doing nothing).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Ok, thanks.

The point about Crusades was a serious discussion topic though; I think Crusades are over powered. I had to restart my campaign because of it. Is there any chance this could be changed in future versions?
    Secret: Easy way is to just hand the target (eg: Tunis) to some other small faction (eg: Serbia? or whoever) which will end the crusade. Then it's subject to a cooldown. You can retake it afterwards or just use spies etc to make it rebel again and then retake it...

If the crusaders are already in Africa they might be confused and try to walk all the way back to Europe or so on, which leaves the AI paying for all these useless/stuck troops.