Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Noooo Pope is my BFF
    @Cyprian2 Did you find any solution for CTD during battles? I have the same problem :/

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi @pxfofo,
    Great you've posted it. It shows that one can play with SSHIP0.97D at least to turn 178 :-)
    It looks like a beautiful civil war raging in the Byzantine empire. Exactly as it should look like (but it's not scripted!)
    Could you upload a save? I'd like to have a look how does the situation with the princesses look like (to check if the scripts works at that time).
    It also seems Florence is every rich, while Milan is not enough (it should be the richest city in Italy). Maybe I'd tweak something. Or simply the trade rights with the pope make it Florence so rich.
    BTW, the Mongols should come anytime now - can you upload a later save, if you'd play it further?

Unfortunately i overwrite that save. Here is one from turn 186. I play version 0.97 from 18. October (no patch A,B...etc. no save compatible)
    Mongols arrive in turn 179. Besiege some cities but after one or two turns they end the sieges and now just wandering. But is too soon to tell more.
    Whealth of north italy cities change over time. Around turns 60-140 was richest Milan, second Genova.
    And about CTDs. I have only some when i load saved game. No end turn crashes. First cca 50 turns no battle crashes but now is battle crash pretty often.
    Anyway thanks for yours work on this mode. (P.S. sorry for bad english)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=50693988881822626068

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by pxfofo View Post
    Unfortunately i overwrite that save. Here is one from turn 186. I play version 0.97 from 18. October (no patch A,B...etc. no save compatible)
    Mongols arrive in turn 179. Besiege some cities but after one or two turns they end the sieges and now just wandering. But is too soon to tell more.
    Whealth of north italy cities change over time. Around turns 60-140 was richest Milan, second Genova.
    And about CTDs. I have only some when i load saved game. No end turn crashes. First cca 50 turns no battle crashes but now is battle crash pretty often.
    Anyway thanks for yours work on this mode. (P.S. sorry for bad english)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=50693988881822626068
    Interesting, the mongol parade happen to me too in one of my 200 turn campaigns during testing for 0.9.7. They just wandered around and never caputred any settlement. IDK if its a bug or not, i suggest people keep an eye out and send feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Interesting, the mongol parade happen to me too in one of my 200 turn campaigns during testing for 0.9.7. They just wandered around and never caputred any settlement. IDK if its a bug or not, i suggest people keep an eye out and send feedback.
    Actually I had the same bug. The Mongols just went from city to city until they reach Baghdad. They actually conquered that city and now they're conquering the cities they passed by, hilariously enough.

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    Actually I had the same bug. The Mongols just went from city to city until they reach Baghdad. They actually conquered that city and now they're conquering the cities they passed by, hilariously enough.
    I've also seen a large group of Mongol armies not conquering the ciites. I've improved a bit the Mongol script recently to avoid this thing. It will be in the next patch.
    I think (although I may be wrong) that the SSHIP AI is programmed in such a way that the armies get together and merge into bigger stacks. This is actually a huge improvement to the AI that Germanicus' RBAI brings to the mod. Otherwise you'd end up with situation like in The Last Kingodom:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've also seen a large group of Mongol armies not conquering the ciites. I've improved a bit the Mongol script recently to avoid this thing. It will be in the next patch.
    I think (although I may be wrong) that the SSHIP AI is programmed in such a way that the armies get together and merge into bigger stacks. This is actually a huge improvement to the AI that Germanicus' RBAI brings to the mod. Otherwise you'd end up with situation like in The Last Kingodom
    Is the Mongol script fix included in the patch E? Time to start a new campaign! The introduction of the Mongols in the mid-late game was making my save very prone to CTDs.

And also, you're absolutely right. The campaign AI in SSHIP I found extremely competent, or, at least as competent as it can be with making the least derpy actions in relative to other total wars (looking at you Empire Total War).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 14, 2020 at 03:16 AM.

I'm not sure if the Mongols will behave much better. I've tinkered around but not radically. It was still possible to move forward. However, seeing this report of the Horde wandering up to Baghdad, I think of a radical solution - one city taken without the siege (that 1 turn siege seems to make them fail).

Don't mention ETW - IMO this is the worst title in the whole TW series (especially on the AI) despite many ingenious historical inventions (the great idea of a split of public order in high and low classes).

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

I THINK IM IN DANGER !

turn 204 (25turns after mongols invasion) Mongols still just wandering around.
    And another interesting thing. AI stop doing naval blockades. I remember some on the begining of campaign but now they just stay next to ports and do nothing.(for many turns)

My longest campaign in Medieval total war. 329 turns in sship 0.9.2

What I can conclude from the pic:
    - it's really difficult to expand with Denmark,
    - England has a difficult time (as usual) as it's sandwiched between France and Scotland
    - HRE is doing very well, didn't succumbed to the civil wars
    - Mongols did their job very well
    - Byzantium's fallen under the civil wars
    - Naples in Tarabuls prompted Egypt to expand in this direction
    - same for Piza in Tunis and the Moors

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

The image above is from a campaign with version 0.9.2.

Here is my first victory (taken of Ghent) with the help of the king of the Francks Louis VI.
    SSHIP 0.9.7 + KCC 0.9.5 seems to work great !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    PICS
    Really loves your unit mod, it's a great addition to the sship mod, as well as adding more immersion and historicity to the game. Looking forward to playing it soon to start some good historical campaigns!

EDIT JoC: just to make the thread more easy to watch.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 12, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Icon1 Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	363043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	363044

AI taking advantage of the wall! (The place where they had not sallied out; I had my javelinmen in the back, so I think I could have flanked them if they would have done).
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 16, 2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	363043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	363044

AI taking advantage of the wall! (The place where they had not sallied out; I had my javelinmen in the back, so I think I could have flanked them if they would have done).
    looks very colorful with these graphics! My advice is that you include KCC mod for your units, it greatly improves the historicity and quality of the unit models, so you will have even more immersion in the game!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    looks very colorful with these graphics! My advice is that you include KCC mod for your units, it greatly improves the historicity and quality of the unit models, so you will have even more immersion in the game!

Yes, It's oversaturated on those though, I keep experimenting with the settings, I may share my reshade preset if I find a good balance, I want to install KCC, but I think that replaces Denmark bodyguards with knights, and that would make it easier, imo mounted BG are very op . I'll probably add kostic units in 1200s, or sooner if I get the crown.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; November 18, 2020 at 01:23 AM. Reason: I went way off topic

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

So, just out of EB2, decided to take the dust off my SS6.4 install and give this submod a try. Now I am reinstalling 6.4 with the bug-fixed installer version and putting the mod in again. Having a pretty good time, having to resort to battlefield strategies I didn't in EB2, and even actually having to fight real sieges. Not just waiting for enemies to sale out, actually having to break the gates and fight inside because auto resolve is ludicrously advantageous for defenders even in the most ridiculous situations. Regardless, enjoying it.

At first I tried the Lithuanians, the pagans, because I was kinda obsessed over them before leaving this mod to EB2. Didn't go too deep, just noticed the priest title localization are apparently still off.

Then, knowing the Papacy is an important diplomatic element, went for the Christians, and decided to give Portugal a shot. Funny how my biggest enemy ended up being Castile rather than the Moors, because the Moors would never actively attack me and whenever I took the opportunity to seize one of their settlements they would accept quick peaces, while the Castilians would not take an early peace agreement without a supplementary bag with 8500+ florins that I had to build up while fighting off full or near full stacks they kept sending me. Then, even as I allied them, they would sometimes stab me in the back and siege my stuff. Still, I managed to do it. Seems that only the player really cares about keeping good with the pope.

Finally, my latest attempt before this reinstallation was with Norway. Having to learn how to fight without knights of any sort whatsoever is tough, but at least they got a better alternative to early militia, so I managed to make it work out, at least against Denmark that is *MOSTLY* in the same situation. Tried two approaches: first, take every settlement I could in Scandinavia, ally the Danes (usually enough to keep a potential enemy down, at least in EB2, but as I said, I had my doubts after Castille), and build up my settlements up as much as possible. Didn't seem to work, because all these lands are terribly poor and I seemed to barely manage to pay for buildings after my generals wages. Building up to attack Denmark would be hell. Second alternative, go full on Denmark on early game. I, naturally get excommunicated almost right away, but I managed to, easely, take Lond (skeleton garrison) and could even get a peace treaty with them. That's how it was going until I decided to reinstall the mod.

After finishing that, I plan to try to merge both plans. I will take Lond, peace with the Danes, and build up. See if I can play without having to expand constantly, and see if something resembling a long-lasting peace is actually possible without bankrupting myself by giving them gifts every turn or so.

A little update on my Roman campaign. It's turn 94

I'm maintaining alliances with Rus and Georgia, Serbia is still my vassal and I was able to finally make peace with Hungary after annexing half of their territories.

Also decision was made to colonize the Black Sea coast, and Sharkil fortress had to be captured in order to secure my hold on the region.

My next move might be taking southern Italy and Sicily back from the Normans, but we will see.

Full view of the map. I like how France captured Ireland.

Hi dfz,
    Please tell if you use 097E with or without KCC :-)
    What I've noticed:
    - England got sandwiched (thing that happens very often).
    - Pisa took a surprising Languedoc
    - Poland and Denmark didn't fell yet (usually they've got tought time), Lithuania and Novgorod are got they share and also are in a good condition,
    - HRE is still strong, no civil war?
    - the Pope dominates Italy, as it happens very (and too) often
    - Georgia is going very strong as usual. Panzer units count.
    - the Turks fell to the Abbassids - as usual, as well, They have the biggest cities, they should prepare for the Mongols, and yet it's too difficult for the AI.

@RodriguesSting: I actually don't understand which version are you using :-)

"actually having to break the gates and fight inside because auto resolve is ludicrously advantageous for defenders even in the most ridiculous situations" - I hope it's not in the most of ridiculous situations, but yes, autoresolve is skewed so that the player playing Panzernations (heavy Western Europe, heavy Georgians, or heavy Saracens) has also do something by himself.

"priest title localization are apparently still off." - I've spend so much time improving the pagan priest traits and recruitment that I'll have a look at the names as well :-)

"Seems that only the player really cares about keeping good with the pope." - yeah, I've also noticed it. The player may exploit it. Maybe the impact of the pope should in general be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Portugal a shot. Funny how my biggest enemy ended up being Castile rather than the Moors, because the Moors would never actively attack me and whenever I took the opportunity to seize one of their settlements they would accept quick peaces, while the Castilians would not take an early peace agreement without a supplementary bag with 8500+ florins that I had to build up while fighting off full or near full stacks they kept sending me. Then, even as I allied them, they would sometimes stab me in the back and siege my stuff.
    Yeah, we need to model this behavious. For the moment I've got 2 things in mind:
    1. scripted crusader troops' reinforcements if Portugal has only 1 settlement, the Moors are powerful and it's after turn 30 (historical II crusade in 1147).
    2. diplomacy changes to create Hotspots of conflict and also to change the bilateral behaviour Portugal-Castille.
    Actually, I fear that the Moors are rather the culprit here - they're too weak.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 22, 2020 at 05:49 AM.