Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Awesome Jurand, those are very good faction names imo
    I also did some noob tinkering around these days and changed all names to latin ones. Not very immersive when you play as a Muslim or Orthodox faction, but for some reason the game became a little more 'gothic', so to speak lol

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Yes. Giving more "generic" names would avoid changing the names of the reigning families over time.
    At the time when I play (early 13th century) the Fatimids were replaced by the Ayyubids. The Mamluks arrive later.

There are scripts that change the names of cities when they are conquered by a faction of another religion... could it be possible that the same type of script could be done to stick to the story? I doubt. The best is indeed to find more generic names and it will still be a big job anyway as @Jurand says.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    There are scripts that change the names of cities when they are conquered by a faction of another religion... could it be possible that the same type of script could be done to stick to the story? I doubt. The best is indeed to find more generic names and it will still be a big job anyway as @Jurand says.
    no, it's much more complicted. much work needed, not before we done other things.

Continuation of my campaign with the Fatimids (September version)
    The caliph fails to have the crown, yet everything seems correct. The conditions are all met.

The backup : Fatimids 1239 no crown ?

The receipient of an ancillary must be the governor of the city. It's depicted by the little scroll at his pic. The engine decides on who is the governor on the basis of Piety (this is a legacy of the Rome TW where Piety was Managment). In this case, it's not the caliph.
    Once the other governor leaves, you can get the crown:

Default Re: Beta Test Feedback

Our Caliph is finally crowned ! (I remind you that I am playing this campaign with a friend, new to Total War, and that he is the one who chooses the strategy)

Thanks @Jurand for helping us out. My list was incomplete because there are 2 conditions that I did not know:
    H) You must have at least 6 in authority and in piety
    G) Being the only general to be in the city of the coronation

A lap later, the coronation panel appeared. We were relieved because several attempts failed. Especially when returning to Cairo by sea, our caliph contracted scurvy and lost a precious point of authority. Fortunately, he recovered it later...

I see little change so far after these few laps since his coronation:
    - Distant towns continue as before often bordering on public order
    - Rebels appear everywhere, even near Cairo !
    - Having not had a rebel general since the beginning of this campaign, their loyalty, if it has improved, does not change much.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 22, 2023 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: Beta Test Feedback

In this context, I'm going to add a pop-out window informing the player:

{INFO_GOVERNOR_TITLE}Who is the governor?
    {INFO_GOVERNOR_BODY}\n\nThe governor of a settlement is may be quite important for how this settlement fares. He can keep the public order high - or just increase the disorder. He can provide direct income (see the little white scroll in the income part of the settlement panel). He can increase the income from the other sources - what is stated in description of his traits, those "+10% tax income" etc. He can also lower the costs of funding new buildings, or recruitment of the units.\n\nHowever, this will realize only if he is the governor in this settlement - and there might be only one. If there are more generals in the city, then the engine decides which of them is. It does it on the basis of Piety: general with higher will get this post, even if he might be a youngster and the other general is the factions leader or an experienced manager (this is a legacy of the Rome TW where Piety was Managment). This choice is depicted by the little white scroll at his pic. Mind that the governor may be different from the leader of the military force (this one is depicted with a golden star)\n\nMind also that the Provincial Titles have nothing to do with who the governor is, even if the flashy descriptions say that he "rules the towns and forests of X province".

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I see little change so far after these few laps since his coronation:
    - Distant towns continue as before often bordering on public order
    - Rebels appear everywhere, even near Cairo !
    - Having not had a rebel general since the beginning of this campaign, their loyalty, if it has improved, does not change much.
    I think this is partly due to unfinished coding, and partly to a false impression.

ad 1. - maybe not discernible but there's a lower unrest coded for each settlement:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Bergen Settlement Situation

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Bergen

set_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 0

log --- (.A.)   Bergen Turmoil Points (for the Player) ------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
    		and I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm > 4

if I_EventCounter FL_policy_protector < 1					; base unrest value - if no FL policy protector
    			and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4						; Hard or Very Hard difficulty
    			and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0					;
    				inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 2						; 2 for factions 4-9 settlements
    				if I_EventCounter faction_size_medium < 1				;
    					inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 2					; 4 for factions 10-19 settlements
    					if I_EventCounter faction_size_large < 1			;
    						inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 2				; 6 for factions 20+ settlements
    					end_if
    				end_if
    			end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1							; FL is UNcrowned - it will be true for the most of the factions for a long time
    				inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 4								; 4 for a home province
    				if I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm < 390
    					inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 1
    					if I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm < 290				; many provinces have initial 200, so they will have +2
    						if I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm < 190
    							if I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm < 90
    								if I_EventCounter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm < 30
    									inc_counter Bergen_turmoil_points 1			; +5 for a new conquered province
    								end_if
    							end_if
    						end_if
    					end_if
    				end_if
    			end_if

and there's faster integration of each conquered settlement
    Code:
    			if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1					; if the owner's faction FL has the crown
    				inc_event_counter Bergen_turns_in_our_realm 1		; integration is faster
    			end_if

ad. 2 - the regular, standard, hard-coded rebels - yes, they'll appear until we switch them off (like EBII did). But the new rebellions, like Bedouins, see here:
    Code:
    		log --- (.H.)   Marrakesh Province Raids ---------------------------------------------

log -------------------- Bedouins Raids Script Marrakesh START -------------------
    			; mind that this is a common script for a number of provinces
    			; in particular "bedouins_raid_counter" and the generals' alliases are common elements
    			; as a result of the code de facto only one bedouin general may exist on the map
    			; this is intended: the script is only for the player, so he'll have to deal with it, and one is enough

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1							; only for the player
    			and I_EventCounter bedouins_raid_counter < 1					; cool-down period iv over
    			and I_EventCounter BEDOUINS_EVENT > 0							; the event has already happened
    			and I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1						; exempt if the Faction Leader has high authority
    			and I_EventCounter FL_policy_protector < 1						; exempt if the Faction Leader runs this policy
    			and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2							; only for H/VH difficulties
    			and I_EventCounter bedouins_raid_region == 1

set_event_counter continue 1								; redundant but may be used in the future for tweaks in particular provinces

if I_EventCounter continue == 1
    				and I_EventCounter faction_size_medium == 1					; 4 to 10 settlements
    				and I_EventCounter late_era == 0
    				and not I_CharacterExists BedouinRaider1
    				and not I_CharacterExists BedouinRaider2

log -------------------- Bedouins Raid Early Small in Marrakesh -----------
    					set_event_counter continue 0
    					generate_random_counter bedouins_are_exhausted 1 3
    					if I_EventCounter bedouins_are_exhausted == 1
    						set_event_counter bedouins_raid_counter 40			; 20 years cool-off (this goes down in another script)
    					end_if
    					if I_EventCounter bedouins_are_exhausted == 2
    						set_event_counter bedouins_raid_counter 50			; 25 years
    					end_if
    					if I_EventCounter bedouins_are_exhausted == 3
    						set_event_counter bedouins_raid_counter 60			; 30 years
    					end_if
    					add_events												; to let the player see where does it happen
    						event	historic BEDOUINS_RAID
    						date	0
    						position 19, 72										; from the east
    					end_add_events
    					spawn_army
    						faction slave
    							character Abu_Idris, named character, age 37, x 19, y 72, portrait ME_des_tourban_lightblue, label BedouinRaider1, direction NW
    							traits CounterOfBattles 6 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , Hardened 2 , StrategyDread 1 , BattleScarred 1 , Paranoia 1 , CounterSpy 2 , GoodTrader 1 , Generous 2
    								unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    								unit	Bedouin Cavalry				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    								unit	Bedouin Cavalry				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    								unit	Bedouin Camel Riders		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    								unit	Bedouin Camel Riders		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					end
    				end_if

ad. 3 - loyalty is increased but it may need to be balanced based
    Code:
    ;========================================================;-----  Near Capital  -----------------------------------
    ;========================================================

;--- for crowned Faction Leader ---------- 
    Trigger FL_Near_Capital_Crown_Add
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsFactionLeader
           and DistanceCapital < 50
           and Trait NearCapital < 1
           and Trait Crownholder > 3

Affects NearCapital 1 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 
    Trigger FL_Near_Capital_Remove_Crown

and DistanceCapital >= 50
           and Trait NearCapital > 0
           and Trait Crownholder > 3

Affects NearCapital -1 Chance 100 

;--- for uncrowned Faction Leader ---------- 
    Trigger FL_Near_Capital_Uncrown_Add

and DistanceCapital < 30
           and Trait NearCapital < 1
           and Trait Crownholder < 4

Affects NearCapital 1 Chance 100 

;------------------------------------------ 
    Trigger FL_Near_Capital_Remove_Uncrown

and DistanceCapital > 20
           and Trait NearCapital = 1
           and Trait Crownholder < 4
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 23, 2023 at 01:31 AM.

I played 200 turns with KoJ, here are some observations:

1. I think merchants are optimal as they are right now:

My settings in desc_db are like this (I didn't change them after last update):
    Code:
    <merchants>
    <base_income_modifier float="1.5"/> <!-- multiplier of the base price of a resource, SSHIP098: 1.8 was too much, 1.0 too little -->
    <trade_bonus_offset float="4.5"/>  <!-- distance effect: 1.0 makes a far-away resource the same value as a resource next to capital: SSHIP098: 6.0 too much, 3.0 too little -->
        </merchants>

2. No agents at all after the initial ones died out.. (college of cardinals -100% made of KoJ cardinals) But when the agents were present AI knows how to use them:

3. I tried some tercio pikemen tactics:

What I mean is that there was a line of heavy spearmen spread out (to stop the charge with minimal loses), then another line of heavy spearmen to kill the cavalry and behind them the crossbowmen to make maximal damage. It was a tactic vs Byzantines with their Pronoiarii..

The result was this:

But maybe the hill was not steep enough and the Emperor aways give some additional boost as the army leader.

4. Because of well developed huge cities with cathedrals and universities and because sending my generals to crusades, most of them were very chivalrous, loyal and pious. That helps in succession.

5. I think the conquered provinces are too easily converted to a different religion, it should be much more difficult to keep the conquered huge cities. The initial conversion from like 10% catholics to 50% goes too fast, it allows almost snowballing through middle east. And I didn't have to buy even one autonomy building, just landowners everywhere. The turmoil after conquering should also go down much slower then now, so after conquering the big city the player should need like 20 turns for it to calm down. I think if there is some factor - 50% of the speed that is now should be ok.. The warmonger script I think doesn't work properly, unfortunately - I didn't see any info through the whole game.

Now the game is over, because I have around 50k income every turn and a lot of heavy army, I play the biggest and richest faction, I don't think even mongols are a threat at this point. I think the best (only?) strategy for KoJ is to destroy first Fatimids (no ceasefires, relentless war since the beginning) even losing other cities in the north. I lost Jerusalem for Jihad, I had to move capital to Ascalon, because of constant Jihad threat, but it was worth it.

Here is the sav.
    Last edited by Macaras; June 02, 2023 at 03:20 PM.

Here is where we are today with the Fatimids (September version in VH/VH).
    The game is stable, apart from a few rare crashes during battles. Remember to save often to resume after a CTD.
    Our progress led us to take Hungary recently. Their faction is not destroyed because they have an enclave in the east of Poland.
    Our most terrible adversaries are currently the Mongols. We manage to keep them on our borders for the time being. The Abbasids, the Georgians, the Russians of kyiv were destroyed by them (on our side, we destroyed the Byzantines, the Rum and the kingdom of Jerusalem)
    We manage for the moment to defeat the Mongol armies with a combination of heavy infantry, a large number of Fari archers on foot, archers on horseback who only intervene when the attacker has had enough casualties and some heavy cavalry units to accompany the commander to break up the groups of Mongol archers on foot. But their troops continue to arrive, both from the Euphrates valley, from the Caucasus and through the Arabian desert. Tabuk is now under siege...

Unlike you @Macaras, our reputation is despicable!
    By dint of razing cities for looting or assassinating opposing generals to better defeat their armies, we adopt the strategy of a Tamerland. I don't play like that when I'm alone, it's my friend's game tactic, one of his first goals was to destroy Bysantium and Rome!
    As a Muslim faction, we have no problem recruiting Imams, spies, assassins and diplomats (although the latter seem pretty useless due to our reputation...)
    I notice, however, that apart from princesses, I see quite a few agents from other factions. For example, I haven't seen any priests in the Balkans, nor in Hungary, nor in Italy.

Felt my campaign had finally come along well enough to post, just achieved the victory conditions for Byzantium and will be moving on to retaking the west and the city of Rome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2023-06-30 10-49-55.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	395.2 KB 
ID:	369158

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medieval2 2023-06-30 10-57-02.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	438.9 KB 
ID:	369159

The smallest empire I have ever shown in AAR, but just wanted to share my impressions. I am finishing this campaign, it was more to test the siege script then a long term campaign. I played Novgorod, with no additional money. It was a disaster.. At turn 40 Kiev attacked me, with two almost full stacks. By miracle I defended my cities, but the next turn, they bribed my castle:

And the general situation is like this:

I think the only mistakes I made is that I should attack Lithuania first and maybe I will be able to conquer Riga. That would help a little bit of the economy. And the second was to leave Polotsk without the governor, but this thing of bribing a city never happened to me before. I checked the financial chart for Kiev and they have more than 60k of money - that's why the bribe probably.
    Now they are advancing with a full stack against my pitiful leftovers of an army, I lost Polotsk, my economy is a disaster, the two cities Kolyvan and Turku are more a problem then financial help. The units I need to guard them are more expensive than the income they produce. And the predicted development will take ages. I have no diplomat, which is one thing I think should be changed, Novgorod is a nice city, a capital with council chambers and I have no option to produce even one diplomat..
    Last edited by Macaras; July 07, 2023 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    The smallest empire I have ever shown in AAR, but just wanted to share my impressions. I am finishing this campaign, it was more to test the siege script then a long term campaign. I played Novgorod, with no additional money. It was a disaster.. At turn 40 Kiev attacked me, with two almost full stacks. By miracle I defended my cities, but the next turn, they bribed my castle:

And the general situation is like this:

I think the only mistakes I made is that I should attack Lithuania first and maybe I will be able to conquer Riga. That would help a little bit of the economy. And the second was to leave Polotsk without the governor, but this thing of bribing a city never happened to me before.
    Now they are advancing with a full stack against my pitiful leftovers of an army, I lost Polotsk, my economy is a disaster, the two cities Kolyvan and Turku are more a problem then financial help. The units I need to guard them are more expensive than the income they produce. And the predicted development will take ages. I have no diplomat, which is one thing I think should be changed, Novgorod is a nice city, a capital with council chambers and I have no option to produce even one diplomat..
    Woww really impressive and challenged! But when an enemy faction brived ypur settlements, also ypur army is brived? Or they get out of settlement?

I agree that Novgorod should have one diplomat in their capital, maybe in their unique building...

Furthemore, can you obtain a ceasefire? Or become a vassal? I think that you should obtain an support army when you only have 1 or 2 settlement remaining...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Woww really impressive and challenged! But when an enemy faction brived ypur settlements, also ypur army is brived? Or they get out of settlement?

I agree that Novgorod should have one diplomat in their capital, maybe in their unique building...

Furthemore, can you obtain a ceasefire? Or become a vassal? I think that you should obtain an support army when you only have 1 or 2 settlement remaining...
    The army also is bribed. I couldn't obtain ceasefire because I had no diplomat to talk to them . BTW I played with the siege defence script that I made, now it should be working better, I made a lot of fixes and tweaks after the first version. So my first defence of Novgorod was against all the siege engines, even though I tried to stop the ram from reaching the gate.. I see that with this script is sometimes possible to stop the ram with a heavy cavalry, because some of the horses get stuck behind and the engine cannot read correctly the position of the sallying unit. But is add a little of randomness, so its not bad, and besides I can do nothing about it I think. Even if the ram luckily is stopped, the other engines reach the wall which is already much better then if the player has comfort to attack most of them.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Great stuff sir rep for you answer!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

I tried a Rus campaign, was in a similar spot to you in the picture, don't go for Novgorod, I did thinking that I could snipe Novgorod for the crown as they were at war with Lithuania and I had peace with the Cumans but once I had Novgorod I got attacked by Lithuania and the Cumans and fighting across those three fronts was too difficult so I gave up, just take it slow and continue building an economy.

I see you were Novgorod and not the Rus, doh
    Last edited by Ebrauc; July 07, 2023 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Great stuff sir rep for you answer!
    Thanks!

Kingdom of Jerusalem campaign turn 132
    Ruled by King Thierry Grand master of the Hospitallers

And his heir the 84 year old Prince Raymond the Cruel, who is actually Thierry father

The crown jewel of the kingdom is Alexandria, netting around 23,5k gold per turn. Actually most of it seems to be coming from the traits of Baudouin, as without him it would have around 8k income

Jerusalem has recently taken Constanople and is now conquering the rest of the coastal part of Byzantium

Here are the richest cities in the realm

At the start of the campaign, I first took the neutral settlements around me like Damascus, Sission and Malatya. Then fought the Fatimids, conquering First Cairo and Damietta then Alexandria, afterwards I made peace with them, but they attacked me a couple of times from Qus, so I've taken it from them. Meanwhile I've managed to take Aleppo while it was not heavily guarded and I managed to push bad the Zenghids. Calling a crusade on Mosul so a friendly catholic nation would hold it and be a buffer between me and them. At the same time the Sultanate of Rum semi-regularly attacked me in Sission. And at some time a jihad was called on me. I managed to defeat one or two of the armies, but the Moors managed to conquer the city, only to be recaptured by me a couple of turns afterwards. This led me to war with all muslim factions around me, and Baghdad and the Zengids attacked a couple of times in Al-Raqqa and Aleppo. But I managed to peace them out. I've managed to marry a Seljuq princess making a lasting alliance with them. Then I slowly defeated the Sultanate of Rum, when Byzantium attacked me, so I started slowly pushing them out from Anatolia as well. The Zenghids recaptured Mosul from the Germans so I called another crusade on it and the French took it. I've left the fatimids in Mekka and their other region in Arabia, and surprisingly for me they managed to take out some settlements from Bahdad, including the city itself and regaining some power. Then the pope called a crusade on their settlement above Mekka and thats why Sicily has it. Afterwards I've captured Constantinople and now I'm slowly pushing the Byzantines from their Balkan settlements. Georgia are their allies and from time to time attack me, but I try to peace out with them as I want them as Christian ally in the ME.
    I also try not to conquer settlements which are deep inside land territory as ships help me with mobilty a lot.

EDIT: done, but upload also a save
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 25, 2023 at 11:24 AM.

Hi Guys, just wanted to share my last campaign with Byzantines, it was one of the best I ever had. I played with no reloading and a script that doesn't allow to attack enemy siege engines approaching player's settlement. I thought that Byz is the easiest faction to play so I was positively surprised that it's not true!
    I started making mistake and attacking Angora immediately which cause some two full stacks appear nearby that completely wiped out my 2 armies also killing the generals. Then the plague appear that drastically lowered my income:

I lost Smyrna and Ataleia and almost lost Nicea and for few turns my budget was in red (no possible units to buy!). The plague finished though and slowly I managed to somehow reconquer Smyrna and Attaleia. Then Quipchaks attacked me and took over Chersones, but few turns later the loyalist revolt brought it back:

But Cumans were attacking me every now and then, became the worst enemy, Chersonesos was passing from hands to hands. The most exciting battle I had with georgia though, with glorious Varangian Guard:

Full stack plus some more units against few units defending the settlement, and the result was:

Almost constantly someone was attacking me, but thankfully their armies were much worse then Byz, for example these 3 stacks:

Were destroyed by just one army, 13 units, but with Trapezuntine horse archers with double armor, which are one of the best archer cavalries, and able to make strong charges after spend their arrows. The hungarian light infantry was completely defeated.

Most of the game Basileus Alexious the Pious was the leader that make Byzantium great again . Lived long (gambler, drunken heathen, utterly insane, but with a lot of good traits as well):

The one crowned though was his successor:

In 136 turns I had no ctd at all. What bothered me was that happen twice hungarians asked me for alliance just to break it next turn, but I hope it will not happen too much. I was also testing the war weariness script, so I notice some important things in this campaign that will help with this script.

It was difficult, Byz fate was very fragile in first 120 turns, which make it a fun faction to play. Also the units like siphonatores and the imperial roads and some other specific things make it one of the most enjoyable faction to play.. I wish that Rum was more present, they were all the time focused on conquering the rebel settlements on the east, and Byz was basically not attacked by them at all, which is unhistorical. I think also the map of Anatolia make ai somehow lost - the long passages, the byzantine part surrounds the cities inside with very long regions, but I may be wrong.
    Here is the save.

Really good campaign @Macaras! For me, always i love playing with Eastern Roman Empire and make the Recuperatio Imperii and more.... But some questions about this:

1. Units: How do you see the Byzantine unit roster in general? I like to see that they have added AOR units and certain European units to the unit roster, for example I love see gasmuli and italian mercenaries in italian tradequarters, although I think that for the latter (italian mercenaries) kostic should make an initial model from the 12th century -XIII and leave the current model for s. XIV-XV (different upgrades).I would also like sship to represent the Secret of Greek fire, siphonatores should be recruited only in Constantinople (Alchemist Lab or Mayor Palace) a unique unit, naffatun could be recruited in Alchemist Labs in more cities. And well, I've already seen that the Scoutotai will also be added to Constantinople, so that's great.

-2. Turks: I think you're right, the Rum Seljuks should be more aggressive with the Byzantines, perhaps adding 1 or 2 full stacks at the beginning of the game that will attack via script Nicaea and other Byzantine cities, it should be like it was really a serious challenge for which they requested cross help. I also think that in Anatolia some auxiliary AOR unit should be created but of infantry typical of this region such as Anatolian Hillmen / infantry, local and autochthonous people of this great region, as well as perhaps the possibility that the Byzantines could hire Latin mercenary troops for those regions (due to the crusades).

- 3. Civil wars and betrayals by generals: I think this was innate to the Byzantines, plotting and treason, that's why the 4th Crusade triumphed and they sacked Constantinople. It should be reflected in the game through exclusive traits for them and that, for example, the emperor cannot go far from Constantinople if he doesn't want to be betrayed, as well as increasing more usurpers to the Byzantine throne, to reflect what really diminished the empire.

-4. Italian states and Venice: I think MWY reflected it for Byzantines a long time ago through the italian trade building, this gave you Italian units and good relations with the Italians and the Pope in exchange for taking away trade in Constantinople and other cities (Italian monopoly) If you destroyed this building you would gain a lot of trade, but you would lose the military units (Italian support) and you would have bad relations with the Italians and the Pope (possibly they will attack you). I think that when Jurand reworked this building it could reflect the great tensions that existed between the Italians and the Byzantines at the end of the 12th century...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 30, 2023 at 03:55 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hungary VH/VH, manage all cities: off, generals required to attack: off, house rules: no pausing during battle (unless AFK), no reloads for any reason.

Turn 34:

History:
    Turn 1. Army assembled in northern Hungary for invasion of Poland (starts at war). Trade rights sold to the HRE for 2400 florins. Map information sold for 1290. Spy instantly dies on first mission.

Restart.

Turn 1. Spy successfully completes mission. Army assembled in northern Hungary for invasion of Poland (starts at war). Trade rights sold to the HRE for 2800 florins. Map information sold for 1450 florins. Crank up taxes as much as possible. Begin constructions: Opencast Mines in Esztergom, Mustering Hall in Varad, Garrison Quarters in Zagreb, Leather Tanners in Gyula and Szekes.

T
    urn 2. Swap governor titles between governors of Esztergom and Szekes. Taxes cranked up even further. Northern army moved to just inside the northern border within a day's march of Krakow.

T
    urn 2.5. Contacted by Serbian diplomat. Trade rights sold for 2800 florins. Map information sold for 950 florins.

T
    urn 3. New mission to increase forces in Zagreb by 4 units in 5 turns; this mission will be ignored. Polish army has moved out of sight. Spy infiltrates Krakow. Hungarian army moves in to start the siege. Spy fails to open the gates.

T
    urn 4. The Battle of Krakow: 484 Hungarians vs 403 Poles. Krakow captured in a Clear Victory with 99 Hungarians killed to 196 Poles killed, 207 captured. 745 florins gained in occupation. Mercenary Hunters hired to help keep the peace in Krakow. Begin constructions: Brothels in Gyula and Szekes, Leather Tanner in Varad, Inn in Krakow.

T
    urn 5. Pope issues an order to cease hostilities with Poland. Diplomat makes contact with Venice; no agreements are reached. Another diplomat makes unsuccessful contact with Poland. A military-minded aristocrat marries into the family.

Turn 6.
    Polish armies assembling near Krakow. Begin constructions: Farms in Cleared Land in Szekes, Dispersed Farming in Gyula, Leather Tanner in Zagreb.

Turn 7. Trade rights established with Venice, who in the mean time has captured Zara and now shares a border with Hungary.
    Begin constructions: Leather Tanners in Esztergom and Krakow, Pastoral Farming in Varad.

Turn 8. Serbia and the
    Romans ally – perhaps a sign of things to come. Neighboring Rus and Cumans, previously at war, have made peace. Watchtower pairs are set in the far southeast near the pass leading to Cumania and also in the southern Alfold.

Turn 9. Trade rights established with Sicily, and maps traded along with a gift of 590 florins from Hungary. The Council of Nobles rewards 1500 florins for the gesture. Sicily is seen to be in possession of both Rausion and Skodron. A
    Roman army is encountered in Serbia. Hungary and Poland make peace and establish trade rights. Poland and Hungary trade maps under threat of war from Poland, along with a gift of 410 florins from Hungary. Hungarian cavalry from Krakow begins maneuvering south to retrain and prepare for a planned future assault on Olomouc. A watchtower pair is set in the southeastern part of Lower Hungary. Begin construction: Blacksmith in Zagreb.

Turn 9.5. Contacted by
    Roman diplomat. Trade rights established. No other agreements reached. Subsequently contacted by Rus diplomat. Trade rights and alliance established for 3250 florins paid to Rus. Maps traded thereafter.

Turn 10. New mission to take Olomouc. To this point, only a single militia and a single mercenary have been recruited.
    Now, with Leather Tanners in all settlements, recruitment begins in earnest, with particular emphasis on Magyar Cavalry and Saxons where available. Begin constructions: Schools in Krakow and Esztergom.

T
    urn 12. The Siege of Olomouc begins.

Turn 12.5.
    Contacted by Cuman diplomat. Trade rights and alliance established. Maps traded thereafter.

T
    urn 13. With the Cuman border temporarily secured (with the Cumans controlling Targoviste), half of Gyula’s defenders begin moving west to Varad. The Siege of Olomouc continues.

Turn 1
    3.5. Contacted by Fatimid diplomat. Trade rights and alliance offered by the Fatimids, but declined by Hungary.

T
    urn 14. A Crusade is called for Damascus; without troops or money to spare, Hungary will decline to join. Serbia declares war on Sicily. The Siege of Olomouc continues. Begin construction: Water Mills in Esztergom.

Turn 1
    4.5. Contacted by Rum diplomat. Trade rights and alliance established. Maps traded thereafter.

T
    urn 15. An amazing candidate is adopted into the family and sent to Esztergom for schooling. Romans declare war on Venice. The besieging army at Olomouc swaps leadership to the Duke of Esztergom. The Siege of Olomouc continues.

Turn 17.
    Romans and Venice make peace. The Siege of Olomouc continues.

T
    urn 17.5. The Battle of Olomouc: 603 Hungarians vs 497 Independents. Olomouc captured in a Clear Victory with 66 Hungarians killed to 388Independents killed, 109 captured. 284 florins gained in occupation.

Turn 18. Council of Nobles awards 8000 florins for the capture of Olomouc.
    Army assembled in Olomouc begins to disperse to both re-train and better defend against potential attacks from the north, west, and south. Hungary’s reputation with the Pope suffers significantly due to not having joined the Crusade. A moderate-sized Roman army is spotted immediately south of Varad. A cavalry detachment moves east from Esztergom to intercept. A unit of Vlach Axemen mercenaries is recruited near Varad. Begin constructions: Leather Tanner in Olomouc, Market in Esztergom, Water Mills in Krakow, Farms in Cleared Land in Zagreb.

Turn 1
    8.5. Contacted by Danish diplomat. Trade rights established. Maps traded thereafter. Romans declare war on Hungary and lay siege to Varad.

Turn 19.
    Peace treaty with Poland comes to an end. Council of Nobles grants a gift of 2000 florins. Cavalry force moves to flank Romans near Varad. Defenders of Varad sally forth to meet the Romans. The Battle of Varad: 494 Hungarians defenders plus a detachment of 161 Hungarian cavalry vs 538 Romans. The defenders rout the Romans in a Clear Victory with 34 Hungarians killed to 151Romans killed, 372 captured. Captured Romans released.

T
    urn 19.5. Venice demands 170 florins with a threat of war. Hungary throws a handful of florins at the Venetian diplomat and sends him on his way.

Turn 20. Crusade for Damascus is a success, having been captured by the Crusader States.
    Sentry Roman army spotted across the Danube near Serbia. A medium-sized Hungarian army moves south from Varad in the direction of Naissos, picking up a group of mercenary archers along the way. Defenses are bolstered where possible.

Turn 21.
    Cumans declare war on Romans. Current heir, the governor of Zagreb, dies. Adopted family member becomes new heir. Returning Polish crusader army blocks Hungary from crossing the Danube; Hungarian army holds position. Large Serbian army enters Croatia. Governor of Szekes moves to Zagreb, where he recruits all available mercenaries. Begin construction: Opencast Pits in Olomouc.

T
    urn 22. Despite starting the turn with 1338 florins and not being in debt, a warning about the mercenaries disbanding on the next turn if Hungary is not out of debt. Serbian army returns to Serbia. Massive Roman army spotted north of Naissos. Hungarian army withdraws to Varad. Spy infiltrates Naissos. Faction heir marries Serbian princess, forming an alliance with Serbia, ending the war with the Romans, boosting relations with Serbia, and decreasing relations with Sicily. A couple of mercenary units disbanded. Opencast Pits in Olomouc canceled.

T
    urn 23. Large Imperial army appears near Szekes – possibly returning crusaders. Hungarian cavalry detachment moves west from Varad to intercept if necessary.

Turn 24. Romans capture Wallachia from the Cumans,
    threatening Transylvania. Large Polish army spotted near Olomouc – possibly returning crusaders. Imperial army near Szekes returns to HRE. Hungarian cavalry detachment disperses to retrain and deal with potential threats – Poland in the north and ERE in the south. Trade agreement with Romans. Serbia seen to be at war with both Venice and Sicily.

Turn 25. Polish army passed through into Poland.
    Military-minded aristocrat comes of age; will stay in Krakow for schooling. Begin constructions: Opencast Pits in Krakow, River Port in Esztergom.

T
    urn 26. Roman assassin discovered near Roman bishop at Gyula; both put to the sword. Heir moves to take governorship of Zagreb.

Turn 27. Intelligent, administratively-minded aristocrat comes of age; will stay in Krakow indefinitely, and immediately granted the Duchy of Malopolska by the King. Governors of Zagreb and Szekes swap roles and positions.
    Begin construction: Dirt Tracks in Varad.

T
    urn 27.5. Contacted by Lithuanian diplomat. Trade rights and alliance established upon Hungarian gift of 210 florins. Maps traded thereafter.

T
    urn 28. Jihad called for Antioch. Venice declares war on the Romans.

Turn 29. Another Roman bishop at Gyula put to the sword.
    Begin construction: Wells in Szekes.

T
    urn 30. Lithuania declares war on Poland. Romans declare war on Sicily. Sicily and Serbia make peace. Begin construction: Dirt Tracks in Gyula.

T
    urn 31. The Polish Senior Duke and the leader of Lithuania die in the same turn, possibly in the same battle. Fatimids capture Antioch in a successful Jihad. A Crusade is immediately called for the recapture of Antioch – another Crusade that Hungary will not be joining. Begin construction: Market in Krakow.

Turn 32. Serbia and Venice make peace.

Turn 32.5.
    Contacted by Polish diplomat. Alliance established.

Turn 33. Poland and Lithuania make peace.
    Begin construction: Communal Farming in Esztergom.

T
    urn 33.5. Venice lays siege to Zagreb and declares war on Hungary.

Turn 34. Governor of Szekes moves to reinforce Zagreb, picking up a few mercenaries along the way. The defenders of Zagreb sally forth to attack the Venetians.
    The Battle of Zagreb: 497 Hungarians defenders plus 180 Hungarian reinforcements vs 435Venetians. The defenders rout the Venetians in a Clear Victory with 94 Hungarians killed to 222 Venetians killed, 213 captured. Captured Venetians released.

Turn 70:

History:
    Current diplomatic status: War with Venice. Allied with Cumans, Poland (17 turns of treaty remain), Lithuania (12 turns of treaty remain), Rus, Serbia (7 turns of treaty remain), and Rum. Reliable Reputation.

Turn 34 continued. A Noble-endorsed royal marriage results in a gift of Axe Mailed Foot Knights in the capital. These foot knights plus 2 additional units of Magyar Cavalry begin escorting the king toward Zagreb. Spy begins moving toward Zara.

Turn 35. Current semi-annual net income of 3500 florins. Relations with the the Vatican suffer due to not joining crusade. Romans continue sending bishops into Transylvania, where they are quickly overrun by the settlement defenders.

Turn 35.5. Contacted by Papal diplomat. Trade rights established.

Turn 36. Spy infiltrates Zara. Army assembles in Zagreb. Two large Byzantine armies spotted near the triple border between Hungary/Cumania/Romans, just inside Roman lands. Venice refuses peace offer.

Turn 36.5. Spy expelled from Zara.

Turn 37. Roman armies no longer in sight. Spy re-infiltrates Zara. King leads armies south from Zagreb to besiege Zara. Spy opens the gates and the assault commences. The Battle of Zara: 737 Hungarians under Bela Kiraly the Greedy vs 325 Venetians under Captain Cristoforo. Zara is captured in a Clear Victory, with 80 Hungarians killed to 243 Venetians killed, 82 captured. 408 florins gained in occupation. Begin settlement upgrade: Wooden Wall in Szekes.

Turn 38. Venetian army near Zara withdraws to Karnten (HRE). Pope demands Hungary cease hostilities with Venice. Construction of farms in Zagreb completed; units able to train in castle once again. Begin construction: Wells in Zagreb.

Turn 39. Romans and Sicily make peace. Large Venetian army encountered north of Zara; medium-sized Venetian army spotted east of Zara. Administratively-minded aristocrat comes of age; begins schooling in Esztergom. Begin constructions: Opencast Pits in Olomouc, River Port in Krakow, Small Church in Zara.

Turn 39.5. Venetian armies surround Zara. The Venetian siege of Zara commences.

Turn 40. The Crusader States recapture Antioch in a successful crusade. Poland declares war on the HRE. Unable to sally forth due to the Pope’s command, the defenders of Zara hold their positions.

Turn 41. The siege of Zara continues. Begin settlement upgrade: Castle in Zagreb.

Turn 41.5. Contacted by Fatimid diplomat, who offers an alliance and trade rights, which are both declined. Contacted by Seljuk diplomat, who offers trade rights, which is accepted. Contacted by Venetian diplomat, who offers a ceasefire, which is most graciously accepted. War between Hungary and Venice comes to an end.

Turn 42. Defenders of Zara begin to disperse to retrain and fortify positions elsewhere. Governor of Szekes moves to Zara to assist in boosting population.

Turn 44. Begin construction: Wells in Zara.

Turn 44.5. HRE offers an alliance in exchange for a Hungarian gift of 170 florins, which is accepted. The HRE sells their map information to Hungary for 900 florins.

Turn 45. HRE and Poland declare a truce. Admin-minded aristocrat comes of age; sent to Esztergom for schooling. Cuman army spotted east of Krakow, far from Cuman lands. Begin constructions: Landowners’ Guards in Szekes, Opencast Mines in Krakow.

Turn 46. Venice declares war on the ERE. Large Roman army spotted in northern Rascia. Serbia found to be at war with the Romans.

Turn 46.5. Moors offer trade rights, which are accepted. Maps exchanged along with a gift of 650 X 3 florins from Hungary.

Turn 47. Jerusalem captured by a Muslim faction. Rascia is captured by the ERE. Begin construction: Market in Szekes.

Turn 48. Cancel construction: Market in Szekes.

Turn 49. Romans capture Moldavia from Cumans. Governor of Szekes begins moving from Zara to Varad to assist in boosting population. Begin settlement upgrade: Wooden Wall in Zara.

Turn 50. Serbia’s leader dies. Serbia makes peace with the Romans and breaks its alliance with Hungary. The Romans declare war on Sicily. Begin constructions: Logging Camps in Gyula, Market in Szekes.

Turn 50.5. Pisa offers an alliance and trade rights, both of which are accepted.

Turn 51.5. Lithuania betrays Hungary, laying siege to Krakow.

Turn 52. Rus declares war on Lithuania. The Pope calls a crusade for the Pisan city of Tunis. Large cavalry force including the Hungarian king, 4 additional generals, and 4 units of Magyar cavalry move north toward Krakow.

Turn 53. Lithuania abandons the siege of Krakow. HRE declares war on Pisa. Hungary sides with the HRE and breaks its alliance with Pisa, who has had most of Christendom declare war upon them in the mean time. Begin constructions: Water Reservoirs in Esztergom, Grain Exchange in Zagreb.

Turn 53.5. Venice offers an alliance and trade rights in exchange for 780 florins; Hungary accepts. Map information exchanged.

Turn 54. Hungarian army begins staging near Krakow for attack on Lithuanian castle at Plock. Begin construction: Farms in Cleared Land in Olomouc.

Turn 55. Pisan Tunis has fallen to Aragon in a successful crusade. Cumans recapture Moldavia from the ERE. Council of Nobles grants a gift of 1000 florins. Governor of Szekes begins moving to Esztergom to assist in population growth. Begin construction: Small Church in Gyula. Begin settlement upgrade: Wooden Castle in Varad.

Turn 56. Venice and the Romans declare a truce. The Nobles specify a new mission to capture Plock. Spy infiltrates Plock. Hungarian host moves north from Krakow and besieges Plock. Spy fails to open the gates. Diplomat makes contact with Lithuania, who desires peace – perhaps some other time. Diplomat makes contact with the Romans, who desire an alliance, but no deals are made. Governors and generals in the Carpathain Basin begin playing musical chairs to cover the death of the governor of Varad. Begin construction: Brothel in Zagreb.

Turn 57. Massive expense for having multiple generals in besieging army, but covered by surplus income. The assault of Plock commenses. The Battle of Plock: 547 Hungarians under Bela Kiraly the Greedy vs 153 Lithuanians under Kunigaikstis Jautilas. Plock is captured in a Clear Victory, with 34 Hungarians killed to 124 Lithuanians killed, 27 captured. 646 florins gained in occupation. Nobles award 4000 florins for the capture of Plock. Begin constructions: Carpenter’s Workshop in Szekes, Landowners’ Guards in Zara.

Turn 58. Pope insists on a Small Chapel in Plock. Begin constructions: Small Chapel in Plock, Drill Square in Zagreb.

Turn 59. Current semi-annual net income of 5700 florins. Begin constructions: Town Guard in Zara, Brothel in Esztergom, Farms in Cleared Land in Gyula.

Turn 60. Begin construction: Communal Farming in Krakow.

Turn 60.5. Byzantine princess offers an alliance in return for a gift of 170 florins. Hungary accepts the offer. Map information traded. Novgorod, who’s also at war with Lithuania, offers an alliance and trade rights. Hungary accepts the offer.

Turn 61. Rus and Lithuania declare a truce. Pope is pleased by construction of Small Chapel in Plock. Hungary breaks alliance with Cumans. A Polish army is spotted near Plock. Begin constructions: Garrison Quarters in Varad and Plock.

Turn 62. Bab al-Abwab captured in successful Jihad by Seljuks. Lithuania and Novgorod declare a truce. Polish army no longer in sight. Rus seen in possession of Halych. Defenses bolstered in Esztergom.

Turn 63. Begin settlement upgrade: Stone Wall in Esztergom.

Turn 63.5. Sicily offers an alliance. Hungary accepts. Map information is exchanged.

Turn 64. A small Lithuanian army arrives near Plock. Begin constructions: Market in Zara, River Port in Zagreb.

Turn 65. Heir effective attempts and fails to commit suicide. Lithuanian armies rally near Plock. Begin construction: Water Mills in Szekes.

Turn 66. Heir effective tragically commits suicide. Great host of Lithuanians assembles at Plock. Polish army spotted at Lithuanian settlement of Hrodna. Small Serbian army spotted in Croatia.

Turn 66.5. Lithuanian army besieges Plock.

Turn 67. The Pope calls a crusade for Halab. Venice declares war on the Romans, forcing Hungary to drop its alliance with Venice. The Duke of Olomouc dies. A cavalry relief force led by the Hungarian king rides north from Krakow to relieve Plock. The defenders sally forth to meet the Lithuanians. The Second Battle of Plock: 944 Hungarians under Felician az Osl, supported by 117 cavalry under Bela Kiraly the Greedy vs 1003 Lithuanians under Dravenis of Mstislavl. The tide of battle swings back and forth numerous times, ultimately resulting in a Heroic Victory, with 440 Hungarians killed to 721 Lithuanians killed, 261 captured including family member Novsade of Mstislavl. Captives are released. King Bela Kiraly the Greedy dies of wounds suffered in combat, and leadership is passed in Imre Kiraly, the governor of Szekes. Begin settlement upgrade: Castle in Plock.

Turn 68. Poland declares war on Lithuania. At long last, the Romans and Cumans declare a truce. The defenders of Plock begin reorganizing and moving to replenish their numbers. Begin construction: Brothel in Zara.

Turn 68.5. A small rebel stack besieges Varad.

Turn 69. Scottish faction is first to be destroyed. Pisa becomes a vassal of the HRE. An admin-minded 26-year-old marries into the family. An admin-minded family member comes of age and begins schooling in Esztergom. The previously-defending cavalry from Plock move to assist the defenders of Varad and quickly rout the besieging rebels with minimal losses. Another rebel stack is destroyed in the mountains near Zara. Lithuania accepts a truce. Begin construction: Town Hall in Szekes.

Turn 70. Rus declares war on Cumans. Cuman army spotted east of Gyula. Troop and governor reorganizations and movements. Begin construction: Carpenters’ Workshop in Zara.

Turn 117 (End):

History:
    Current diplomatic status: Allied with HRE, Poland, Rus, Rum, Romans (9 turns of treaty remain), Novgorod (9 turns of treaty remain), and Sicily (12 turns of treaty remain). Reliable reputation.

Turn 71. Crusader States capture Halab and sucessfully end the crusade.

Turn 72. Romans declare war on Serbia. King moves to Esztergom as local governor. New governor of Szekes moves to Olomouc to assist in population growth.

Turn 73. Council of Nobles awards 2000 for royal marriage. (Begin) construction: Dispersed Farming in Varad.

Turn 74. Lithuania and Poland make peace. Romans declare war on Sicily, forcing Hungary to drop its alliance with Sicily. Romans in possession of Skodron. Council of Nobles gifts 1000 florins. (Begin) constructions: Wells in Olomouc, Communal Farming in Zagreb.

Turn 74.5. HRE besieges Zagreb, declaring war on Hungary.

Turn 75. Large Imperial armies spotted near Zara and Esztergom. Units from Plock and Krakow begin moving toward Olomouc. Units from Varad begin moving toward Szekes. Returning Castilian crusader army blocks reinforcements from Szekes to Zagreb. Cavalry from Zara ride up to relieve the defenders of Zagreb. The Second Battle of Zagreb: 295 Hungarians under Gergely Gyure supported by 116 cavalry under Salamon Gyure vs 312 Imperials under Hans von Supplinburg. The Imerials are driven off in a Clear Victory, with 57 Hungarians killed to 144 Imperials killed, 168 captured. Captives are released. The Governor of Zagreb thereafter rides to recruit mercenaries and reinforce Zara against the pending onslaught.

Turn 75.5. HRE offers a ceasefire. Hungary accepts. Trade rights established.

Turn 76. Venice and Romans declare a truce. Despite the peace agreement between Hungary and HRE, HRE armies continue moving into Hungary next to important settlements. Hungarian reinforcements continue moving into position.

Turn 77. Imperial armies moving back into HRE. Polish armies entering northern Hungary. Construction: Fairgound in Esztergom.

Turn 77.5. Poland betrays and declares war on Hungary, besieging Plock and Krakow.

Turn 78. Despite not being in debt, Hungary is warned that all mercenaries will disband next turn if Hungary does not get out of debt. The defenders of Krakow sally forth to fight the besieging Poles. The Second Battle of Krakow: 714 Hungarians under Laszlo the Afflicted vs 322 Polish under Ksiaze Zwierzchni. The Hungarian militia rally to defeat the seemingly unstoppable Polish elite units in a Clear Victory, with 519 Hungarians killed to 275 Poles killed including the Polish Senior Duke, plus 26 captured. Captives are released. Cancel constructions: Fairground in Esztergom and Communal Farming in Zagreb. Mercenaries hired to replenish losses in Krakow and attempt to maintain order after the catastrophic losses suffered by the garrison.

Turn 79. Siege of Plock lifted as the Poles withdraw. Depleted garrison of Krakow begins cycling with Varad to recover. Spy infiltrates Wrezlaw. Cav-heavy army assembled in Olomouc intercepts Polish infantry army in The Battle of Moravia: 766 Hungarians under Janos a Zah vs 478 Poles under Captain Pawel. The Poles are crushed in a Clear Victory, with 29 Hungarians killed to 341 Poles killed, 137 captured. Captives are ransomed for approximately 2200 florins. The defeated Poles retreat to Wrezlaw and are pursued by the Hungarian army, for whom the spy opens the gates. The Battle of Wrezlaw: 722 Hungarians under Kerecse az Osl vs 226 Poles under Boleslaw the Farmer. Wrezlaw falls to the Hungarians in a Clear Victory, with 84 Hungarians killed to 185 Poles killed, 29 captured. 1330 florins gained through occupation. A moderate sized Polish army is observed at Poznan. Construction: Wells in Gyula.

Turn 80. Rus declares war on Lithuania. Portugal becomes a vassal of the Moors. Wrezlaw renamed to Breslau. Opencast Pits in Breslau repaired. Swordsmith’s Guild in Breslau gives +1 experience; begin process of cycling troops to Breslau for added experience.

Turn 80.5. Polish army besieges Breslau.

Turn 81. Small infantry detachment moves to reinforce Breslau from Olomouc. Defenders sally forth in the Second Battle of Breslau/Wrezlaw: 676 Hungarians under Kerecse az Osl supported by 172 infantry under Captain Sebestyen vs 609 Poles under Przybyslaw the Bloody. Przybyslaw lives up to his name, dying on the field in a Clear Victory, with 147 Hungarians killed to 408 Poles killed, 200 captured. Captives are released.

Turn 82. Roman army marches for Varad. Hungarian troops and mercenaries begin to move to reinforce Varad.

Turn 83. Romans declare war on Cumans. Roman army in Alfold holds in place. Peace with Poland.

Turn 84. Trade agreement with Poland in exchange for 650 X 2 florins from Hungary. Roman army holds in place.

Turn 84.5. Alliance and trade agreement with Lithuania.

Turn 85. Lithuania and Rus make peace. Hungary breaks its alliance with Novgorod. A Jihad is called for Sicilian Tunis. Unintelligent admin-minded family member comes of age; will waste time attempting to learn in Esztergom. Hospitaller army arrives at Szekes; moves toward Varad.

Turn 86. Roman army leaves the Alfold in an uncertain direction. Pope demands Hungarian faction heir join a Crusade for Valencia or face possible excommunication and inquisition.

Turn 87. Scotland gets destroyed, again.

Turn 89. HRE declares war on Sicily. Small Roman army enters Croatia. Two generals, including the heir, join the crusade.

Turn 90. The Fatimids capture Tunis in a successful Jihad. Kerecse az Osl deserts his crusading army and joins the Seljuks. The remaining crusader armies merge. An Imperial army enters Dalmatia. Settlement upgrade: Stone Wall in Krakow.

Turn 90.5. HRE declares war on Hungary and besieges Zara.

Turn 91. Hungarian princess brokers peace with HRE. Hungary and HRE form an alliance and trade agreement. Construction: Public Gallows in Breslau. Settlement upgrade: Castle in Olomouc.

Turn 92. Council of Nobles awards gift of 1000 florins. Constructions: Provincial Councils in Esztergom and Breslau.

Turn 92.5. Venice offers an alliance in exchange for the Hungarian settlement of Zara. Hungary declines.

Turn 93. Lithuania declares war on Poland. England excommunicated. Governor of Szekes begins moving from Olomouc to Gyula to assist in population growth. Roman army east of Zagreb. Constructions: Logging Camps in Varad, Churches in Szekes and Zara.

Turn 94. Rus declares war on Poland. Lithuania and Poland make peace. Pisa becomes a vassal of Venice. Roman army moves next to Zagreb. Construction: Communal Farming in Zagreb.

Turn 95. Castile captures Valencia in a successful crusade. HRE and Sicily make peace. Roman army departs from Zagreb to an unknown location. Borbala the Noble Lady marries the Roman heir to improve relations.

Turn 96. England reconciled.

Turn 97. Romans declare war on Venice. Construction: Market in Breslau.

Turn 98. HRE declares war on Venice. Pisa becomes independent. Governorship of Szekes transferred to younger candidate. Senile former governor of Szekes falls on his sword.

Turn 98.5. Fatimids offer alliance and trade rights. Hungary declines. Seljuks offer alliance, offer to marry princess to faction heir, and asks for 170 florins. Hungary accepts.

Turn 99. HRE and Venice make peace. Senile governor of Gyula falls on his sword.

Turn 100. HRE declares war on Poland. New Hungarian faction leader Felician Kiraly. Unrest skyrockets.

Turn 101. Unrest back under control with the King attending court. Construction: Quarries in Esztergom.

Turn 103. Intelligent schooled admin-minded 17-year-old noble marries into the family. Constructions: Farms in Cleared Land in Varad, Landowners’ Guards in Olomouc, Merchants Guild in Krakow.

Turn 104. HRE captures Bohemia from Poland. HRE exommunicated. Construction: Provincial Council in Krakow.

Turn 105. Construction: Grain Exchange in Olomoc.

Turn 106. Construction: Communal Farming in Szekes.

Turn 107. Lithuania declares war on Poland. Venice and Romans declare war on Sicily. Romans and Cumans make peace. Governor of Szekes begins moving to from Gyula to Zagreb to promote population growth. Settlement upgrade: Wooden Wall in Gyula.

Turn 107.5. Fatimids offer alliance and trade rights. Hungary declines. Hungary and the Moors make peace.

Turn 108. Construction: Quarries in Krakow.

Turn 109. Rus and Cumans make peace. The Pope insists that Hungary break its alliance with the HRE within 10 turns.

Turn 110. Rus armies staging near Hungarian border. Construction: Shaft Mines in Esztergom.

Turn 110.5. Trade rights established and maps exchanged with the Crusader States.

Turn 111. Rus armies advance on Plock and Krakow. Krakow is reinforced. Construction: River Port in Olomoc.

Turn 112. Venice and Romans make peace. Rus armies hold in place. Two additional Rus armies march for Esztergom. The elite guard of Varad moves northwest to defend.

Turn 112.5. Rum declares war on the Romans. Hungary breaks its alliance with the Rum. Lithuania and Poland make peace. ERE and Sicily make peace. Jihad called for Halab. Rus armies in Upper Hungary converge just outside of Esztergom. Varad army merges into Esztergom. Roman armies enter Alfold and Transylvania. Last second preparations are made for war.

Turn 114. Rum and Romans make peace. Lithuanian army advances on Plock. Rus armies hold in place. Roman armies move in an uncoordinated manner.

Turn 114.5. Romans betray Hungary, laying siege to Varad. Lithuania betrays Hungary, laying siege to Plock.

Turn 115. HRE declares war on Venice. Poland becomes a vassal of HRE. Aragon and England are excommunicated. Roman army marches of Gyula.

Turn 115.5. ERE besieges Gyula. Sieges of Plock and Varad continue.

Turn 116. England, Aragon, and HRE reconciled. Rus armies withdraw from Esztergom. An army marches for Varad from Esztergom and surrounding settlements.

Turn 116.5. Battle of Gyulafehervar: 449 Hungarians vs 1069 elite Romans. The battle is autoresolved because I can’t be bothered, resulting in a Clear Defeat with 59 Romans killed. The Battle of Varad: 279 Hungarians vs 804 elite Romans. The battle is autoresolved because I can’t be bothered, resulting in a Clear Defeat with 31 Romans killed. The Battle of Plock: 433 Hungarians vs 780 Lithuanians. The battle is autoresolved because I can’t be bothered, resulting in a Clear Defeat with 52 Lithuanians killed.

Turn 117. Hungary is hemorrhaging money, 2 turns from having its entire army disband, and now completely exposed from all sides. The dogpile succeeded, and this campaign is over. GG.

Last edited by Gaku; August 01, 2023 at 06:49 PM.