Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

On of the reasons I'm collecting the save games from the players (see here, that's plenty, I think) is to see the factions evolutions and whethere they have systematic advantage over the other factions. I think the Almoravids fare in most games quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    VH/VH SSHIP 098 August release

This campaign with the kingdom of France is incredibly difficult. But I'm a veteran !

It begins with a long war with the Holy German Empire, followed by numerous clashes with the English and, above all, the Moors.

Interesting expansion. I see the region of Provence wasn't much welcoming to your armies. your early war with HRE seems terrifying to me as the frontline with them is too huge and they don't lack stacks to keep you busy from invading. France is indeed a challenging faction, would love to hear about your family tree experience and if you had any regency in the process. Great play!

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406201450_1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	369963

Turn 50 so far, no crushes. *knocks on wood not to jinx it* The game's effort to set all odds against me is pissing me off from time to time though. I am too old to be grinding any games and it gets tid bit tedious if my generals always gets sick, or just turn the coat or die in first charge, or having heavy rains when fighting with horse archers and other similar handicaps. I guess mod is intended to be difficult but some random events, such as ill generals should remain "random". Getting characters killed/sick, bad weather every battle I have bigger army or being attacked by powerful neirghbour just because I am finally killing Serbians drains a bit of joy from game imho. Guess I am too old for difficult games.
    Anyway, no idea if AI was touched upon in new version but I recognize difference in Polish attitude. Before, they never bothered with Bohemia or Moravia, now they actually do. But I was faster in Moravia. Byzantines look a bit more chill this time. Serbians are acting like dicks as they did in previous versions and once again they are down to single settlement so I wonder If I will get attacked by Byzantines or HRE again just to save their ass. This happened a lot in last version. In current campaign I am keeping alliance with Sicily and neutral with Byzzies, HRE and Pechenegs. Poles are neutral so far and so are Venitians but I am expecting some surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406201450_1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	369963

Turn 50 so far, no crushes. *knocks on wood not to jinx it* The game's effort to set all odds against me is pissing me off from time to time though. I am too old to be grinding any games and it gets tid bit tedious if my generals always gets sick, or just turn the coat or die in first charge, or having heavy rains when fighting with horse archers and other similar handicaps. I guess mod is intended to be difficult but some random events, such as ill generals should remain "random". Getting characters killed/sick, bad weather every battle I have bigger army or being attacked by powerful neirghbour just because I am finally killing Serbians drains a bit of joy from game imho. Guess I am too old for difficult games.
    Anyway, no idea if AI was touched upon in new version but I recognize difference in Polish attitude. Before, they never bothered with Bohemia or Moravia, now they actually do. But I was faster in Moravia. Byzantines look a bit more chill this time. Serbians are acting like dicks as they did in previous versions and once again they are down to single settlement so I wonder If I will get attacked by Byzantines or HRE again just to save their ass. This happened a lot in last version. In current campaign I am keeping alliance with Sicily and neutral with Byzzies, HRE and Pechenegs. Poles are neutral so far and so are Venitians but I am expecting some surprise.
    Sick general - I didn't know it's an issue. It is for the agents, but for the genrals?
    Turncoating - very good! It's the feature. One needs to pay close attention to loyalty.
    Dying in the first charge - also, pay attention to the hit points in the traits and ancillaries.
    Killing off a faction has severe consequences indeed. It's usually better to let them live.
    I see "Singidunum" in your pics. Hasn't the name changed after you've conquered it?
    Every now and again I'm considering replacing Skoder with Skopie... Hmm.
    Upload a save later on.
    Thanks for reporting!

Majkl's Avatar Miles

To be honest, I do not really know if sick generals is issue. I usually use one or two generals for military campaign, others just manage towns. I can not afford big armies anyway. I conquer cities two ways: either I have numerical advantage so I just besiege and starve them, or I have numerical disadvantage, in which case AI usually decide to attack me. I generally avoid storming walls due to loses. Now, this results in me having general besieging cities for numerours turns and usually after three four turns he just get sick. Perhaps, it is just my impression. But I noticed AI tend to punish me for trying to be "aggressive" in any possible way from giving negative traits to my generals, to spawning rebel armies and even setting weather to heavy snowstorms and thunderstorms where I actually struggle with commanding my units. While this makes campaign more challenging, it can get annoying after a while. But that's just personal taste.

@turncoats: I try to watch my loyalty. However, there is issue with my current king. One turn he has 10 authority, then some random turn he has zero or one. Then next turn it grows back to ten. No idea why but perhaps too many traits are causing chaos and authority grows above 10 so it actually resets to 0/1? Just guessing, I am not a scripter.

@Sigindium: Not sure If I recall this correctly, but I conquered it early on and it became Belograd. Then lost it to Serbia for few turns, it changed name to Sigindum and then I finally conquered it back but this time, name remained Singidunum.

@Eger: Jager was not the most impressive of cities in upper Hungary but in relation to gameplay, this was good call. Terrain is shaped nicely, city position is better than Ostrihom and road generation actually follow historical model, aka trade routes in eastern Slovakia leading to Warsaw, Galicia and Transylvania, while western Slovakia's routes leading to Moravia and Silesia. Nice to see that immersion.

To be honest, I do not really know if sick generals is issue. I usually use one or two generals for military campaign, others just manage towns. I can not afford big armies anyway. I conquer cities two ways: either I have numerical advantage so I just besiege and starve them, or I have numerical disadvantage, in which case AI usually decide to attack me. I generally avoid storming walls due to loses. Now, this results in me having general besieging cities for numerours turns and usually after three four turns he just get sick.
    Ok, now I understand. It's intended: it's quite historical: people would get sick if staying in one place and besieging for a long time. From the gameplay perspective it's a way to dissuade the player doing so.

I noticed AI tend to punish me for trying to be "aggressive" in any possible way from giving negative traits to my generals, to spawning rebel armies and even setting weather to heavy snowstorms and thunderstorms where I actually struggle with commanding my units. While this makes campaign more challenging, it can get annoying after a while.
    That's intended.

@turncoats: I try to watch my loyalty. However, there is issue with my current king. One turn he has 10 authority, then some random turn he has zero or one. Then next turn it grows back to ten. No idea why but perhaps too many traits are causing chaos and authority grows above 10 so it actually resets to 0/1?
    That's right, it's a 0/1 bug, iirc

@Sigindium: Not sure If I recall this correctly, but I conquered it early on and it became Belograd. Then lost it to Serbia for few turns, it changed name to Sigindum and then I finally conquered it back but this time, name remained Singidunum.
    I'll check it.

@Eger: Jager was not the most impressive of cities in upper Hungary but in relation to gameplay, this was good call. Terrain is shaped nicely, city position is better than Ostrihom and road generation actually follow historical model, aka trade routes in eastern Slovakia leading to Warsaw, Galicia and Transylvania, while western Slovakia's routes leading to Moravia and Silesia. Nice to see that immersion.
    It'll also provide an opportunity for having Kassa in the Late Campaign.