Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Orcs Campaign Playthrough

Default Re: Orcs Campaign Playthrough

Well I wasn't very interested in that game since I'm not into HIGH fantasy but this video make me change my mind. I don't know anything about Warhammer lore, but I like all this orc playstyle : blood thirtsy and without discipline, I hope all factions will have such specific gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Morrigan View Post
    Well I wasn't very interested in that game since I'm not into HIGH fantasy but this video make me change my mind. I don't know anything about Warhammer lore, but I like all this orc playstyle : blood thirtsy and without discipline, I hope all factions will have such specific gameplay.
    Yes they will, read recent PC Gamer interview, they explained it there.

Map is absolutely gorgeous, well detailed and I'm happy with everything so far. Wanted to see full Sylvania but at least we sam bit of it, and Zombid Dragon, Master Necromancer as Lord. Mousillon the Cursed City, Bretonnia has own models and unique castles.

Game of dreams, I was waiting for it loong time. I remember back during 6th edition even. Didn't play TT but Card game called WarCry.

Now that I see this spending £100 on Collector's Edition is well worth it!

Bretonnia will probably have a basic roster for the AI-only at the beginning but it's a good bet that it will be in either the second or the third game as a main faction (although also possible that it'll get it's roster expanded and be made playable in a DLC instead).

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

A few details:

Border princes (looks like they'll just be using generic Empire models, unless that green banner army is also a Border Prince army):

Norsemen:

Model variations for the same banners:

Leouen Leoncoeur? (Bretonnian faction leader):

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Certainly the best looking total war campaign map to date. Honestly, CA seem much better suited to designing fantasy games than trying to depict real world geography. They should have made the transition to fantasy a long time ago. I just hope their map designers and programmers can adequately compensate for the AI's likely flaws.
    What I see is a campaign map with restricted paths that guide the AI, so it does not have to be too smart to go from a point to another one.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I see Bretonnian stuff. A new hope blossoms

Can't express how happy that makes me.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Seems Bretonia will be the first free LC.

Did someone saw Elf's!? (Älfs)
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    What I see is a campaign map with restricted paths that guide the AI, so it does not have to be too smart to go from a point to another one.
    At this point I've just resigned myself to accepting that total war AI's will always be bad. But if CA designs campaign and battle maps to minimize the need for a great AI, well I'm willing to take that compromise. It's better than the game being a cake-walk because the AI's armies get lost in a forest (or the middle of the Mediterranean) while you be-siege their capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    A few little things I didn't like such as the level-up pop-ups
    I don't fantasy tabletop game, but I thought that perhaps the pop-ups gave it a gaming flavour, that it suited quite well, trying to link tabletop with a PC adaptation, even if some don't like it, the simple idea/concept seems that someone is trying to make it work nicely, even if this is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things.

What do other table toppers think about trying to put things like this in?

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    Bretonnia will probably have a basic roster for the AI-only at the beginning but it's a good bet that it will be in either the second or the third game as a main faction (although also possible that it'll get it's roster expanded and be made playable in a DLC instead).
    My money is on DLC, rather than the 2nd or 3rd game. Perhaps the 1st game comes out and is fleshed out with DLC and some FLC. The 2nd release adds the next set of core factions within the new territory/expanded map, then is fleshed out with DLC again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    I see Bretonnian stuff. A new hope blossoms

Can't express how happy that makes me.
    Agreed! Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah!!!

I'm so happy to see King Louen Louencour!

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

This looks way better than I feared it would, honestly. The Vampire Counts especially look like a gigantic blast to play as, slowly corrupting the Empire, turning mortals into undead servants to eventually battle the Chaos Hordes with my own hordes!

I was briefly disappointed in the building tree. Why so few buildings? Perhaps that is just for the Orcs, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Better ranged DPS.
    It is not nice to make someone spill their tea whilst laughing....
    As God wills it.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet: https://youtu.be/vJUWImJUZrU

Thing is, it looks like dwarven karaks might be too easily starvable. Gosh I hope that's moddable too.
    oooh, thank you.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-is-what-I-saw that thread right there is already complaining about the 20 unit limit. Agents take a slot in the unit limit, further lowering the unit count. Joey CA has said she's talking to the devs to see what their answer is to this, alot of people (like me) are pretty upset about this. All the DLC stuff didn't even bother me, but the 20 unit limit feels like a huge limitation/nerf, especially for the horde races.
    can we still control the reinforcing stack like rome 2 and attila? or are we back to the 20 unit hard limit? that would be a huuuuge regression.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; December 03, 2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Well the AI could control your extra armies, but I do hope we can control all of our troops as the AI is not exactly good at keeping your favorite units alive.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    can we still control the reinforcing stack like rome 2 and attila? or are we back to the 20 unit hard limit? that would be a huuuuge regression.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...11#post1458111

We are back to the 20 unit limit. WITH AGENTS. This has made me start wondering if I even want this game at release. I'm so tired of CA taking away things all the sudden.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...66#post1458366 Joey CA responded saying she is talking to the devs about htis. Also another dev replied to me here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...42#post1458642

I'm not going to judge completely yet since this is way before release and I don't see the whole game (also the extra Waaggh armies should help), but it's the worst news I've heard. I didn't even care about the DLC, I was willing to pay whatever they asked, but this... blargh.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...11#post1458111

We are back to the 20 unit limit. WITH AGENTS. This has made me start wondering if I even want this game at release. I'm so tired of CA taking away things all the sudden.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...66#post1458366 Joey CA responded saying she is talking to the devs about htis. Also another dev replied to me here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...42#post1458642

I'm not going to judge completely yet since this is way before release and I don't see the whole game (also the extra Waaggh armies should help), but it's the worst news I've heard. I didn't even care about the DLC, I was willing to pay whatever they asked, but this... blargh.
    damn, this sucks. so it is regression. I still cringe a bit when I think about BAI running the range units into melee in older tw games.

campaign map looks sexy as hell though.
    Last edited by craziii; December 03, 2015 at 05:36 PM.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I wonder how population works. If you conquer a dwarf city as the orks... do you rule over dwarves? Do you kill the entire population? Does the population magically become orcish?

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I wonder how population works. If you conquer a dwarf city as the orks... do you rule over dwarves? Do you kill the entire population? Does the population magically become orcish?
    Slaves?

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Dunno about dwarves, but it looks like Orks will not be able to conquer human cities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_empire_from/
    Last edited by Theo; December 03, 2015 at 06:15 PM.