Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can we rule the world? New info on regional occupation.

Default Re: Can we rule the world? New info on regional occupation.

It means they might do it or they might not.

Now, idk how they're planning on integrating the elven side of the map in with the olde worlde, cuz there's literally an ocean between ulthuan and the empire, and another between ulthuan and naggaroth.

Wood elves are on the map, but what will they be doing? Technically they should only be turtling in athel lorel forever

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    And if you translate that from marketing to English it means "we currently have no intention of doing this in the future".
    Actually, what it translates to is "oh , you guys seem pissed off, uh yeah totally we might not do that in the future".

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    Actually, what it translates to is "oh , you guys seem pissed off, uh yeah totally we might not do that in the future".
    I doubt it.

It's just a temporary system to make-do in the meantime while they implement the "final" campaign of the other games in the trilogy. I honestly doubt the change of system has anything to do with negative community feedback. In any case, there seems to be plenty of people who actually dig the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I doubt it.

It's just a temporary system to make-do in the meantime while they implement the "final" campaign of the other games in the trilogy. I honestly doubt the change of system has anything to do with negative community feedback. In any case, there seems to be plenty of people who actually dig the idea.
    They didn't say they'd revoke the system in the expansions did they, just that they wouldn't add to it?

They probably aren't going to change the empire/dwarfs/VC/orcs campaigns when they release the high elves/dark elves/lizardmen/skaven game in 2017

there is simply no way the campaign could function with this nemesis system when the trilogy is completed, so i think they were always gonna ditch it.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

They didn't say they'd revoke the system in the expansions did they, just that they wouldn't add to it?
    ==============>

Quote Originally Posted by Joey CA
    Let me also say that such a divide is not necessarily going to occur in future instalments of the trilogy. It needs to make sense for the game in each case, as I’ll go on to talk about.
    In my personal "marketing to english" understanding, that means this is a temporary solution, meant to accomodate the lack of factions in the first installment, that will change as more are added to the game.

If you stick to their wording, they could, keep, remove, or expand the system, that's the beauty of the political speech.

So he basically said nothing at all really.

Is there any way that this is primarily a wayto keep the AI from doing stupid things (like the forced general-led armies mechanic?)

==============>

In my personal "marketing to english" understanding, that means this is a temporary solution, meant to accomodate the lack of factions in the first installment, that will change as more are added to the game.

If you stick to their wording, they could, keep, remove, or expand the system, that's the beauty of the political speech.
    Ok. I'm not saying your wrong, but from my perspective I took that to mean that they wouldn't necessarily be adding in new categories (like right now we have hold races and city races basically) or that new races like the lizardmen or elves wouldn't be placed into any particularly restricted category and may be more free to conquer what they choose (and other races may be more free to conquer them). I didn't take it to mean that the following games would remove the restriction entirely from the original factions.

Having holds be different than cities makes sense, but that doesn't mean it should be exclusive to certain factions.

The whole total war series would be better off if they implement a supply line mechanic where your army's replenishment, recruitment, and effectiveness would be affected by how far you were from your nearest settlement, the kind of terrain you're in, and if the enemy was raiding your supply lines.

This could easily be tailored to make expaning from into the mountain holds as the empire/VC hard (but not impossible) or vice versa.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Ahh logistics. The forsaken son of War on all Total War games. Left to die in a corner for fear people will dislike having to think a little more.

A Total War game with logistics would be majestic. See my wall of doom for my thoughts
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Yep, CA is always in alpha on *all* things until said otherwise. Make no commitments, the God of Liability wills it!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Sounds fine to me. For some reason, I never expected to be occupying the whole world. That kind of gameplay started to get old in the original MTW (wasn't that when they introduced glory goals?). And the WHFB map always felt rather immutable. It's kind of like destroying France or another major power in ETW: you don't want to do it, as it makes the game less rich.

I always imagined the Empire would be about unifying and then consolidating. The dwarves seem the archetypal turtle faction. Chaos are Huns. Orcs maybe plunderers and VC razers. (There should be some mechanic for casualties generating cannon fodder skeletons for VC). Sounds more fun than painting the whole map red.
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know why people are freaking out. So it's not a big deal you can conquer everything. Why would you? Why would Chaos want to live happy in the Mountains?
    Last edited by Deedlit; January 30, 2016 at 04:05 AM.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Yep, CA is always in alpha on *all* things until said otherwise. Make no commitments, the God of Liability wills it!
    To be fair, Rome 2 and empire really were still in alpha after they got released.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Well the chick in Rally Point said they weren't in alpha anymore so release all the trolls you want but they are keeping their lips sealed on a lot of elements of gameplay still.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Maybe they wanna encourage the crowd of people who will buy out of sheer curiosity.

I mean can u imagine if they somehow forbid making let's play videos or any kind of video capture of gameplay so that you'd have to buy it to find out what it's like? Lol

To be fair, Rome 2 and empire really were still in alpha after they got released.
    Did CA ever say Rome 2 left alpha? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    Maybe they wanna encourage the crowd of people who will buy out of sheer curiosity.

I mean can u imagine if they somehow forbid making let's play videos or any kind of video capture of gameplay so that you'd have to buy it to find out what it's like? Lol
    ha no just watch lets plays after release
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; February 01, 2016 at 09:50 AM.

Most of these features and restriction are for the A.I. Because if you dont make restrictions like this they will be have in radically different ways. Like the boat thing eas changed because A.I. Could find the port, armies because they wouldn't make single armies and have many roaming groups.

Answer: smarter AI

I agree but they obviously can't make better A.I. Yes I wish they could and no I don't think they are lazy about it. They just can't simply get it the way they want it to be ao they do this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast