Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Azhag quest battle video released

Decanus

Default Re: Azhag quest battle video released

A few people in this thread cared. Much of my criticism has been echoed by other people. Your opinion does not equal everyone else's opinion. Get down off your high horse.

I'm here because I've played the Total War games for well over a decade and I am well within my rights to give my opinions on them. If you don't like my opinions, you can pass them by. Instead, you choose to cry your eyes out on an internet forum.

So, I'll ask you again. Why are you talking garbage?

I mean there's certainly plenty of stuff to criticize (the AI being easily manipulated by the player just deploying further back, the weird huge arrow trails, the garish colours they chose for Bretonnian units) but your posts here here give the impression of someone who is spoiling for a fight rather than looking to make honest criticism.,

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

~ Keep the discussion civil, thanks. Everyone's opinion is legit as far as it's expressed in a mature, polite way, there is absolutely no need to antagonize those with a different one. ~
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; March 01, 2016 at 07:59 AM.

Decanus

Perhaps that's true. Apologies if that's the case. I'm just sick and tired of seeing people defending sloppy game design and plain bad decision making. The Creative Assembly are continuously repeating their mistakes and I don't think Warhammer is going to be any different. I suppose we'll find out in a few weeks, but I've always had low expectations since Empire. I'm rarely proved wrong.

Can people stop saying that the AI was manipulated or gamed into making a fundamental mistake.
    All the player did was occupy high ground, that is a perfectly valid tactic in real life and in the game.

He didn't find some loophole which exploited the AI, it was terrible design which made the AI choose to attack a fortified enemy, uphill with unsupported light cavalry.

If we consider the bretonnians were 3 seperate forces it is still no excuse, that 1 light cavalry army attacked at a major disadvantage, when better options were available. It threw away those units.

If CA programmed in the occasional AI mistake to replicate human error then they should remove it on the hard setting which this battle was played.

This was bad design, it may have been intentional it may have been unintentional. Regardless, we shouldn't defend CA when they make bad choices or when they fail to achieve something.

the orcs factions not must have the guard mode,an orc pursue a retreating enemy,the orcs are not disciplined and they like fighting and massacring.
    the textures of the units are not good,mainly the textures of the bretonians,the colors of the uniforms are horrible and unrealistic and detailed.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I completely agree with you here, Anibal )

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

I think guard mode is OK for Black Orcs (who are supposed to be more disciplined), but it's indeed a bit weird to see regular 'boyz (pretty much the epitome of an "undisciplined mob of savages") holding their ground with the discipline of Roman legionaries. But that at least is very easy to fix.

CharlotteB CA said:

Morning everyone - Just a few updates =)

~ The Green smog has been removed from game as this was a bug!
    ~ The Video Quality was due to Video Compression
    ~ The Arrow Trails are being worked on , and remember they can be turned off in game!

No weird green smog that's good.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

well, the green stuff would be fitting for zombies and Nurgle dudes, I think.

Weird bug, especially when you consider joey made a point of saying smelly orcs.

Day 1 DLC:
    Chaos
    Blood and gore
    Green fart gas orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    I think guard mode is OK for Black Orcs (who are supposed to be more disciplined), but it's indeed a bit weird to see regular 'boyz (pretty much the epitome of an "undisciplined mob of savages") holding their ground with the discipline of Roman legionaries. But that at least is very easy to fix.
    For Ahzag it kinda makes sense, really-

Azhag is unlike any Orcish Warlord that had lived and died before him. With the crown controlling his mind, Azhag began to use un-Orcish words and often tried to explain orders to his subordinates instead of simply cracking skulls and bellowing orders.

If he had a discipline trait that allowed orcs under his command to use guard mode that would make sense.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Wow. Gameplay looks really...... Bland. If they would add something in the battle design such as; bringing back mass pushing, a set of unique formations, new charge animations (slow charge), more carnage, and a darker perception on the overall scenery. Then this might be worth a buy.

I guess I'll be skipping this one. Medieval 3 is the one I'm truly waiting for anyways.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Medieval 3 is the one I'm truly waiting for anyways.
    I've heard it's terrible 0/10 don't buy.

Decanus

If it still uses the Warscape engine, 0/10 will be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I guess I'll be skipping this one. Medieval 3 is the one I'm truly waiting for anyways.
    What about when the peasants have green fart clouds?

I'm starting to think that CA's design goals are as big an issue as there engine.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by SKSlave View Post
    If it still uses the Warscape engine, 0/10 will be generous.
    SKSlave you cheeky savage.

Decanus

You're most welcome.

I know you're interested in Warhammer: Total War and that's cool. But you have to admit that a Medieval game on the Warscape engine would fall flat on its face before it even starts running.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by SKSlave View Post
    But you have to admit that a Medieval game on the Warscape engine would fall flat on its face before it even starts running.
    I prefer to judge things by their own merits, rather than letting a preconceived disposition cloud my judgement. Hence why I haven't judged TW:W yet.

Rome 2 was mediocre, Attila is the 2nd best Total War after Shogun 2.

The best thing anyone can do is play the game without heeding anyone's opinion or being swayed. Make your own mind up 100%. You hate Total War now, fair penis, but that doesn't mean future games are doomed. I actually think TW:W could be incredible, but the that will be decided in the hours of my first campaign.

What is your favourite vanilla TW experience?

Decanus

I was like you. And then Rome II came out.

Favourite vanilla experience was probably Fall of the Samurai. It just seemed to work out of the box.