Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sieges will be the worst part of the game

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Sieges will be the worst part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    Uhm... rofl? If we could recreate Minas Tirith for M2TW... then I'm pretty sure a professional development team could balance THEIR OWN game if they put their mind to it. It's time to accept it CK23, CA is not in the business of making good games anymore. They are making "the least we can while still selling" You could look through my posts... for a long time I defended them as they are the only developers in the business with this sort of product.

Now you see why Monopolies ARE NOT GOOD for the consumer. If you can't see that...
    Really? Because from everything I've seen Warhammer: Total War is a good game, when I play it, I'll come back and respond in full. I'm sorry I don't agree with your blend of negativism, but I think it was a good decision. Also, I've played Minas Tirith in M2TW, it sucked. Work? Amazing, fantastic, it sucked though because of the AI and the pathfinding issues with the game. If we're talking just models, sure, it's amazing but overall, as people have BLASTED CA for, looks aren't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    No. They haven't. I can promise you this. I play Attila and M2TW regularly and Shogun 2. The cavalry flanks .... every now and then, but their solution to fix general units charging has resulted in the following (a) It doesn't charge at all and sometimes doesn't move at all, even as the last unit, (b) it charges after other units charge... but since they are faster they still die first.... directly into spear units.

Yet ironically enough, in m2tw... they avoid pike units MORE and flank MORE then in Attila.
    Wait, did you get a release copy of the game already? Damn. You're lucky man! Sheesh let me tell you.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Default Re: Sieges will be the worst part of the game

first things first since you are having trouble with context.

I do not have Warhammer, and my comments you quoted in the second passage DO NOT refer to warhammer, they refer to that guy's belief that AI has already been worked on regarding cavalry to an optimum level since M2TW. Which is false.

Now, onto the other section you quoted... the pathfinding in M2TW was a direct result of them not working on AI (or even including AI) that they had in RTW because of SEGA. I'm not negative, I'm honest. Yet even in M2TW, Minas Tirith was balanced and could easily be defended, and easily taken... the only issues with pathfinding were on some of the narrow placements, which only really impacted you during deployment and were easily adjusted for.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123