Thread: Half PCs wont be able to play this game.Is it true?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Half PCs wont be able to play this game.Is it true?

Is it true that Windows 7 32bit wont be able to suport this game?
    Also even with W764bit but with procesors under 3Ghz the game wont be playable at all?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Half PCs wont be able to play this game.Is it true?

Dunno but really windows 7 and 32 bit...cmon get with the times!

p.s I would have thought you can run it but you are asking for trouble not just with this game but others as well.

If you have 32 bit computer... i'm sorry but you need a new one. Computers will move to 128 bit soon.

Now for running it on 64 bit, it seems to run better than Attila (that's what people are saying).

So in all likelihood, more people can run the game on better systems

Though I'll admit I'm surprised it was considered almost a complete non-issue about when it was announced way back when, there's no real reason not to upgrade to 64-bit win 7 (I believe it's free?).
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Its not a mater if upgrading W7 to 64bits or if i must buy a new pc (unless someone can donate one), its about warning early TWC members if their PC can run the game and avoid buy it if they can not have a proper pc! Its a matter of trust within TWC and its members! You may have top of the art pcs your selvs but that doesn't mean that everyone has such machines.
    So before mocking those that can not have modern pcs by fair with TWC members and inform them properly!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Though I'll admit I'm surprised it was considered almost a complete non-issue about when it was announced way back when, there's no real reason not to upgrade to 64-bit win 7 (I believe it's free?).
    yes as according to this link to orginal post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14888479
    If you use Windows 7 32 bit (or Vista, which is not supported by TW Warhammer though) you are allowed to reinstall the OS on the same computer with the same key from a 64bit medium with no additional costs or buying a new Windows license. Same rule applies to Windows 8(.1) or Windows 10.

However There is NO way to upgrade from 32 bit to 64bit, reinstallment is technically unavoidable.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Its not a mater if upgrading W7 to 64bits or if i must buy a new pc (unless someone can donate one), its about warning early TWC members if their PC can run the game and avoid buy it if they can not have a proper pc! Its a matter of trust within TWC and its members! You may have top of the art pcs your selvs but that doesn't mean that everyone has such machines.
    So before mocking those that can not have modern pcs by fair with TWC members and inform them properly!
    No-one is mocking you but you reach a point and what do you expect? Yes you should be made aware but cmon you must realise that this is what pc gaming is like.

You can avoid upgrades for so long but eventually you need to save up for some upgrades or a new pc.

P.s And i'd say am more mid range now than top of the art. Things can change fast in re computers. Although I realised a long time ago it would be way to expensive to keep up with "top of the art" stuff. Easy a £1000 every two yrs or so.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Half of PCs? 32 bit version of windows 7 is used as of January 2016 only on 7.77% of Steam user platforms. Currently more then 80-85% of systems used are 64bit.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

It was announced quite clearly what the requirements were at the beginning of March you probably should have paid more attention tbh. I don't quite understand your issue, unless you have win xp and are below the system requirements.

You cannot reasonably expect to run new releases on older equipment. I really don't think you are representing that many people, if any, aside from yourself.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    If you have 32 bit computer... i'm sorry but you need a new one.
    This is a bit misleading. Just because your operating system is 32-bit, doesn't necessary mean you need a new computer. Unless your PC hardware is over 10 years old (e.g. Intel Pentium 4 / Core Duo or AMD AthlonXP), you can most likely drop around $50 USD on a Windows 7/8/10 64-bit license and keep your current hardware. Dual boot if you're not comfortable making the leap right away. This would allow you to boot into 32-bit Windows or boot into 64-bit Windows when you want to play TW:WH.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; May 20, 2016 at 05:17 PM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

I am a computer engineer. You physically cannot make 32 bit hardware run a 64 bit OS.

Now if for some reason you were running a 32 bit OS on your computer that has 64 bit hardware.... then yes you can update it, but why in the heck would that be happening?

I am a computer engineer. You physically cannot make 32 bit hardware run a 64 bit OS.

Now if for some reason you were running a 32 bit OS on your computer that has 64 bit hardware.... then yes you can update it, but why in the heck would that be happening?
    32 bit hardware? I thought most pc's can run 64 bit os.

Actually I think you are right some hardware wont run a 64 bit OS. Must be damm old though?
    Last edited by Totalheadache; May 21, 2016 at 02:43 AM.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Most, if not all, processors made in the last 10 years support 64-bit instruction sets, which is why I listed out those processors. That's basically the beginning and end when we're talking about "32/64-bit hardware." That said, if you have a PC that was built in the last 10 years, and it shipped with a 32-bit version of Windows, you don't need a new computer, you can upgrade to Win 7/8/10 64-bit.

This is exactly why I brought this up. You only said "if you're on a 32-bit computer, you need a new one," which is misleading to tech laymen. There are plenty of people who buy computers off the shelf with a 32-bit Windows pre-loaded. Most people don't even know this dichotomy exists. So again, unless you have a PC that was built with an Intel Core Duo, Pentium 4, AMD AthlonXP, or older processor, then you'll most likely be able to upgrade your OS to a 64-bit version of Win 7/8/10 without having to change your hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    32 bit hardware? I thought most pc's can run 64 bit os.

Actually I think you are right some hardware wont run a 64 bit OS. Must be damm old though?
    Very old. We're talking to the tune of 10+ years old. It seems everything from Intel Core 2 Duo and AMD Athlon64 and up support 64-bit instruction sets, the latter of which was made available way back in 2003 (and 2006 for Intel C2D). So you guys tell me how likely it is that we have a Total War gamer here who has a PC that was built earlier than 2003? They would barely be able to play RTW, let alone TW:WH. So yes, they can probably upgrade to a 64-bit OS.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; May 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

I'm sorry but its about damn time they upgraded to 64 bit, 93% of the player-base should not suffer poorer performance from the lack of multi-threading and RAM limitation because a few people have not purchased PC's suitable even for half of last generation's games. CA have taken accessibility to a ludicrous extreme by sticking with 32 bit for as long as they have.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Is it true that Windows 7 32bit wont be able to suport this game?
    Also even with W764bit but with procesors under 3Ghz the game wont be playable at all?
    As described in my tech article you do not need to buy a new computer (except is pretty old, let's guess before 2001...) nor you'll need a new Windows license to upgrade from 32bit to 64bit.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post14888479

Have a read!
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.