Thread: No mushroom hats for empire troops in Total War Warhammer?

Default No mushroom hats for empire troops in Total War Warhammer?

So when the game and the mod kit releases, could modders please remove the mushroom hats the empire troops has? It makes them look incredibly retarded. It just looks like they have a giant mushroom on their head and i would love it to see it replaced by plate helmets or just helmets in general.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jo7IvzS1a8
    Go to 6:38 to 6: 44 to see the empire mushroom troopers. The game is going to come out on Tuesday next week and I'm going to play as the empire and I don't want my soldiers to look like mushrooms.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: No mushroom hats for empire troops in Total War Warhammer?

Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Rawr's Avatar Foederatus

I thought the Greatswords looked far better than the standard Empire troops in most videos we have seen

Thats why i wanted a modder to remove these hats, i know that hat is lore friendly but it looks disgusting.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I think it looks stylish in a rennisance sort of way. Shows that they are well paid pros rather than some filthy peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I think it looks stylish in a rennisance sort of way. Shows that they are well paid pros rather than some filthy peasant.
    Agreed!! Empire just showing their wealth.

Why not just play the Bretonnia OP?? Most of their levy units are peasant.

I don't like Bretonnia, I like Empire. So if anyone knows any modder that could remove these disgusting mushroom hats once the game is released, i would greatly appreciate it.

And I am sitting here and want more mushroom hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    Same here; just out of spite. I want every faction to have a unit with mushroom hats now. I want Skaven to have mushroom hats.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    QFE.

Oh TWC.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by ttn19 View Post
    So when the game and the mod kit releases, could modders please remove the mushroom hats the empire troops has? It makes them look incredibly retarded. It just looks like they have a giant mushroom on their head and i would love it to see it replaced by plate helmets or just helmets in general.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jo7IvzS1a8
    Go to 6:38 to 6: 44 to see the empire mushroom troopers. The game is going to come out on Tuesday next week and I'm going to play as the empire and I don't want my soldiers to look like mushrooms.
    You'd download the Pack File Manager, open Warhammer's data.pack or models.pack, something like that. Look for variantmodels - variantmeshdefinitions. Open the files for Empire units, and work out what hat's they have. I'm guessing they'll have a few, so you'll have to do a bit of trial and error to work out which is the mushroom hat (since no unit Assembly Kit on Day 1). Then just delete that entry, and save it as a mod.
    PM me for details if ya want. Modding some stuff really isn't all that hard, just takes a while to learn.

Takes a while to learn, often requires some trial + error, but then it's really simple. Just changing/adding/removing some entries in some tables.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I love the historical counterparts, but I agree that the hats (amongs other things) look really weird in TW:Warhammer.

Empire soldiers in TW:WH look like pastry chefs, but Rennaissance landsknetchs are actually cool as hell.

So, I don't think it's about removing them, but about making them look better (in general, most of the Empire roster could use a lot o tweaking the the visual aspect, to be honest).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 21, 2016 at 11:47 PM.

The empire colors are lacking variety. They are literally red and white, that's it. They'd look better with dark brown mushroom hats, black/brown shields, and a little more black or brown clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I love the historical counterparts, but I agree that the hats (amongs other things) look really weird in TW:Warhammer.

Empire soldiers in TW:WH look like pastry chefs, but Rennaissance landsknetchs are actually cool as hell.

So, I don't think it's about removing them, but about making them look better (in general, most of the Empire roster could use a lot o tweaking the the visual aspect, to be honest).
    Agreed, can't wait for a talented modder to give Empire it's full potential.
    I used to have that figure you posted, it is a 90mm(eye to foot) white metal figurine, either a Post Militaire, or Almond Sculpture. I sold them all painted, only 120mm 14th C Samurai's left now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    You'd download the Pack File Manager, open Warhammer's data.pack or models.pack, something like that. Look for variantmodels - variantmeshdefinitions. Open the files for Empire units, and work out what hat's they have. I'm guessing they'll have a few, so you'll have to do a bit of trial and error to work out which is the mushroom hat (since no unit Assembly Kit on Day 1). Then just delete that entry, and save it as a mod.
    PM me for details if ya want. Modding some stuff really isn't all that hard, just takes a while to learn.
    Well i've never modded Total war games before..so it would be quite challenging for me but hey ill try it once the game comes out and get rid of those pesky mushroom hats ONCE FOR ALL

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I call for an increased 3x unit mod.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Senator

I think they did it really well with the berets, eh, mushroom hats. My gripe with the empire is that the units don't have more variety. I would appreciate for example some with partly naked legs or one naked leg, a beloved landsknechts fashion from the 1480s to the 1520s. And poor looking, barefoot Stirland versions.

BTW, under the berets in battles often steel skull caps were worn as protection by the real landsknechts.
    Last edited by geala; May 23, 2016 at 02:48 AM.

Im sure some god among modders will take up the task of creating new regional units and/or reskin the existing ones. Not that they need a lot of work but there is always room for improvement.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There is mushroom for more hats for there are never enough hats