Thread: AI improvements

Default AI improvements

Even though CA hasn't changed the AI much for the last 12 years - So far from what we've seen of warhammer it seemed like they finally managed to at least make the AI work

Then....this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHNFLVS65xA

watch the battle from 29 minutes.

The AI shuffled units around the same spot getting shot at by Legend's ranged units...literally until he completely ran out of ammo. Then the AI seemed like it was finally going to attack - and the one unit that attempted a charge stopped its charge 1cm away from its target and moved off.

At the moment this is a rare incident but I doubt (and hope) that it wont be the case once the game actually releases.
    It is interesting to note that the same bugs(?) that plagued the AI when Rome 2 launched are still present.

Who wants to be the first to say that the game is still alpha and they're sure this will be ironed out by launch?

Default Re: AI improvements

From what I have seen it looks like for the most part the AI is adequate. IMHO it seems to be the the best AI in the TW series.

I am not really surprised and was expecting to finally see a video where it did something like this. Looks like in this case it failed to recognize that its ranged units were out of range while the players units were not and firing on his units. It also seem to decide that it was at least closely matched when it came to ranged units.

If this is the worst it does I'll be happy. I will just push a little further forward and not take advantage of it.

You must admit with all the game play footage out there this and the Chaos vs. Dwarfs is the only times where the AI was inadequate. In this vid it behaved extremely poorly and in the other it could have positioned itself better and not reorganize the line as chaos approached.

Being realistic I do not think we can expect the AI not to do stupid stuff every now and again. The important thing should be that it is a rare occurrence. There is plenty of videos out there suggesting that this may just be the case.

On the CAI side it does look like there are some improvements. Seems recruitment, settlement management and choosing when and where to attack is better.