Thread: Customize Units

Laetus

Default Customize Units

I have another proposal: it is to "paint" the Units like in the board game and (if possible) to change the skins of weapons and outfits
    I have another proposal : It is to "paint" the Units as in the board game and ( if possible ) to change the skin of weapons and outfits

Default Re: Customize Units

I doubt we are ever going to see something as awesome and free-forming as the army painters in Dawn of war 1, and Mark of chaos.

It would be fricken amazing though.

However, with warhammer, units just look cool because they were designed to look cool. Compare this to historical TW, where they have to just match the historical counterpart.

So I suspect far fewer people will request reskins. There is no "please make my romans look historical!" basis to go off of.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Considering that many, many unots do not follow table top looks, there will be tons of mods with "accurate" (since historical does not apply here) reskins
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I'd love to see skeletons with coffin shields, I suppose, and at the very least I can see that some people would want colors changed.

Like shouldn't vampires be purple/black?

Empire is red, orcs are red, and vampires are red... haha that's a lot of red faction's.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In general I would like to have much, much darker Vampire Counts armies, for example those Zombies look way too "fresh" and colourful for the undead rotting beneath the ground for a long time ; P Also I hate the glow that undead units have, it makes them "Disney scary" which is not really scary ; P

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120921001853
    Last edited by KAM 2150; May 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I think they look cool the way they are, but what you describe sounds cooler. Now I don't expect MOST people would want what you describe (CA probably tries to go with the "popular" skin), but i'd give a reskin mod a go.

Whether or not they actually implement the feature is irrelevant. The fact still stands that they should implement it if it is technically possible. This not a point product it is a milk cow. The cow gives us milk we give it a Cash. It will be around for a long time going by what the reps have said so anything that increases its staying power will benefit them as well. Anything that will engender feelings of investment [emotional, financial, time, etc] will benefit both the cow and its patrons.

Honestly if these guys were smart they would have figured out that rather then castrating their communities ability to create content they could make more $$$$ by letting their community do the work and just take all the $$$$ 70-90% just like Team Fortress 2.

Going back to the days of DOOM Community Content Creators have all ways been a net positive. It boggles the mind that fear of losing a few % has blinded so many to the fact that if they "company" would not have made it they have lost nothing even if they profit nothing from it.... although they could very easily do nothing and take the lions share of $ if they were not Ding Dongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
    Whether or not they actually implement the feature is irrelevant. The fact still stands that they should implement it if it is technically possible. This not a point product it is a milk cow. The cow gives us milk we give it a Cash. It will be around for a long time going by what the reps have said so anything that increases its staying power will benefit them as well. Anything that will engender feelings of investment [emotional, financial, time, etc] will benefit both the cow and its patrons.

Honestly if these guys were smart they would have figured out that rather then castrating their communities ability to create content they could make more $$$$ by letting their community do the work and just take all the $$$$ 70-90% just like Team Fortress 2.

Going back to the days of DOOM Community Content Creators have all ways been a net positive. It boggles the mind that fear of losing a few % has blinded so many to the fact that if they "company" would not have made it they have lost nothing even if they profit nothing from it.... although they could very easily do nothing and take the lions share of $ if they were not Ding Dongs.
    They cannot give blanked mod support for this game due to the fact that the creative license for Warhammer is owned by games workshop. We do not know exactly what CA had to give up in order to give us this limited support.

Regarding the Army painter I have a feeling that will be implemented in one of the next two games. Personally I believe that the features we will see in the next 2 games will be naval battles and unit/army customization. It makes sense to roll out all to close to all the factions before you introduce an army painter.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

If all else fails then i do hope that the least CA will give us is the ability to mod and edit unit colours and or possibly reskin them.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

At the very least they should allow us to pick which color scheme we use when we play multiplayer.

Like you created these other faction's with other colorschemes, why can't we use them online?

I wanna see Averheim, talebecland, and stuff like that for online battles. Not with different unit rosters, just different colors