Thread: Dwarf spam in MP

Default Dwarf spam in MP

Is it just me or are Dwarfs looking like the most popular choice? From what I can see they take very little skill in MP. I know it's the play style, but it's a play style that I have a feeling is going to be very frustrating for other factions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Dwarf spam in MP

I doubt it. No cavalry at all. No giant monsters. Slow.

Im sure they'll be powerful in the right hands, but even if they are widely used, it will still require skill to beat a competent player who is able to exploit their weaknesses.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I'm just having flashbacks of Shogun 2...Artillery was a huge game killer for me. It was just so destructive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They seem pretty balanced at this point. It wasn't too long ago that people said they'd be the worst faction since they had no cav, monsters, or magic, but they've held their own in the multi battles iv'e seen. As far as artillery, the Empire looks just as good if not better, and none of the artillery is as devastating as that in FOTS due to the way health is now pooled.

Dwarf artillery seems to have been given shorter range than empire and maybe even orc artillery, to force them not to just "castle" in a corner.

The dwarfs in multiplayer offer an interesting challenge. No cav means no flanking really. You're gonna have to skirmish with gyrocopters and try to shoot the enemy with thunderers and artillery for as long as possible before engaging, then you'll have to avoid getting flanked as best as you can, all while having zero magic to aid you.

Personally I think empire looks like the best. They are an all-rounder faction, with very few downsides compared to their upsides of flexibility.

I mean it's not like their magic, shooting, or melee fighting is all that much worse than anybody else's.