Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best army composition for each faction

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Best army composition for each faction

Dem cheez armies

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Best army composition for each faction

Aside from sieges i usually play a defensive role in the battles while playing as the Empire. I simply let the AI advance to my formations. In this situations i have a composition who's primary purpose is basically to blow the enemy to bits before they reach my ranks by bringing as much firepower as possible. Artillery and guns are also the great benefits when playing the Empire. Whatever is left to my army will be sliced to pieces by halberdiers and Greatswords or routed by extausion and heavy losses. Because the guns will weaken the enmy a great deal only few units of infantry and cavalry is needed. Typically when the enemy reach my ranks i let the handgunners fall back so that the halberdiers will protect the center from cavalry or monster attacks. Likewise the cavalry on the flanks will charge forward if the steam tanks and volley guns are attacked. If the enemy reach my ranks and if Karl Franz has Deathclaw i'll let him fly behind the enemyand harass them from their rear.

This composition has been highly effective against all enemy armies with allmost no losses at all. Allthough a full stack Bretonian army with lots of heavy cav will probably result more losses.

Overview/Image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warhammer Total War - Imperial Army Composition.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	338276

During sieges i'll make a more offensive composition whithout tanks, less guns and more greatswords. However it's still a good idea to bring some hand gunners and artillery to a siege battle because they are very effective at killing enemy troops on the walls making way for greatswords to finnish them of. Karl Franz is also kinda OP as you can have him fly around the walls harassing enemy troops and hi's charge is pretty powerful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12