Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeaconBosco View Post
    Sounds like the Beastmen will have a mini-campaign of their own, I don't see CA just adding 8 Beastmen herds to the main campaign.
    As I see it, the ideal way would be to make a mini-campaign centered on Bretonnia and Athel Loren, heavily featuring updated Brets, newly introduced Wood Elfs, Beastmen (with the eternal struggle of the two) and perhaps some parts of Empire and Tilea/Estalia with Vamps thrown in.

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Yeah weird they'd have more Chaos for 3rd DLC. Too bad I have wait till DLC 10 for Skaven...

Beastmen being any more "Chaos" than other factions got phased out (rightfully IMO) after 5th ed.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    3rd Expansion chaos gods.

Please do NOT split in 4 factions. That make no sense, cause unmarked lord should decide what Kind of way and which god he follow and not from beginning decide for one.
    I cannot disagree with you more. That Chaos in game is undivided is the worst decision in the design lore-wise, in my opinion. Personally i think this is a great idea, can't wait to see it.

Is this the plan? Mini campaigns? I really only enjoy playing the grand campaign and was hoping CA would add features/factions to it asap.

Would be good if it was the four factions but a way to become chaos undivided.

The idea of a Bretonnian mini-campaign with Wood Elfs and Beastmen sounds great.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPolack View Post
    Is this the plan? Mini campaigns? I really only enjoy playing the grand campaign and was hoping CA would add features/factions to it asap.
    All these factions will be added to grand campaign.

And four faction Chaos was always the way it had to be. Chaos is not suposed to be unified, they fight as much against themselves as they do others.

I kind of wonder how the chaos warrior faction fits into this. Kind of make them redundant if you add the four gods.
    Last edited by Påsan; June 14, 2016 at 03:42 PM.

The four chaos factions will likely be able to confederate and then gain access to each other's units. If not, that could be pretty Silly...

So what about daemons of chaos? Are the 4 chaos factions going to be human + daemon? or just daemon in 4 mono-god varieties?

The rest of this I LOVE! More factions ASAP!

But you guys do realize that some of the DLC factions will probably not come out until after the second or third complete expansions are released. I dont think Skaven, for instance, will be released before we get the high elf/dark elf/lizardmen expansion.

How are they gonna do the pricing for the "expansions"? Do you pay $60 to get High elves, dark elves, and lizardmen? Do you have to own the first game in addition to the expansion? Would there be any way to play a standalone expansion by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    How are they gonna do the pricing for the "expansions"? Do you pay $60 to get High elves, dark elves, and lizardmen? Do you have to own the first game in addition to the expansion? Would there be any way to play a standalone expansion by itself?
    It's confirmed that the two expansions will be standalone, and compatible with the main game.

But HOW. Like will there NOT be a grand campaign for the expansions? Just mini-campaigns focused on those regions? Not that I care much, I own the main game and I will buy all DLCs.

But HOW. Like will there NOT be a grand campaign for the expansions? Just mini-campaigns focused on those regions? Not that I care much, I own the main game and I will buy all DLCs.
    Beats me... To be honest, I expected the Ogres, Chaos Dwarves and Tomb Kings to added as part of an expansion, not as independant releases. Does this mean CA will add the Dark Lands, the Mountains of Mourn and Nekhehara to the main campaign map free of charge? It just raises a lot of questions.

I don't know much about the warhammer lore but where would the wood elves fit in the current campaign map? Won't they need to have cities of their own? Or will they be horde factions?

I assume beastmen will be hordes?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Beastmen are hordes for sure, they live in the woods and other camps on the fringe of society.

Wood elves live in that huge woodland region the size of a province in the grand campaign map. It's between bretonnia and the empire/border princes.

You see, tomb kings/ogres/chaos dwarfs can't be added as an expansion, because they can't all fight each other in a stand alone map. Tomb kings are in copycat Africa, ogres are nomadic and live to the east of the mountains, as do chaos dwarfs.

No standalone campaign can work there. They have to be individual expansions to the grand campaign.

This is not the same as high elves, dark elves, lizardmen, who all live in other "continents" that could all be strung together as a standalone campaign (albeit a boring one).

So wood elves, beastmen, tomb kings, chaos dwarfs, and ogres ALL need to be DLC factions, expanding upon the current game's map, not exansions in some new map

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Beastmen are hordes for sure, they live in the woods and other camps on the fringe of society.

Wood elves live in that huge woodland region the size of a province in the grand campaign map. It's between bretonnia and the empire/border princes.

You see, tomb kings/ogres/chaos dwarfs can't be added as an expansion, because they can't all fight each other in a stand alone map. Tomb kings are in copycat Africa, ogres are nomadic and live to the east of the mountains, as do chaos dwarfs.

No standalone campaign can work there. They have to be individual expansions to the grand campaign.

This is not the same as high elves, dark elves, lizardmen, who all live in other "continents" that could all be strung together as a standalone campaign (albeit a boring one).

So wood elves, beastmen, tomb kings, chaos dwarfs, and ogres ALL need to be DLC factions, expanding upon the current game's map, not exansions in some new map
    I see your point but CA already said that in addition to dlcs, there will be two standalone games that can be incorporated into the main campaign. Now one will be lustria for sure but how can the chaos factions have a standalone game on their own? They need somewhere to invade other than the wasteland.

There was a great short story years about following a knight and his retainer who travel to the chaos wastes. They basically build a warband and fight other chaos warbands for years without ever venturing to the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I see your point but CA already said that in addition to dlcs, there will be two standalone games that can be incorporated into the main campaign. Now one will be lustria for sure but how can the chaos factions have a standalone game on their own? They need somewhere to invade other than the wasteland.
    Maybe the second expansion will feature the Demon World itself, but then again, how would that tie in with the main campaign...

I guess we're going to be stuck until CA comes forward with their plans.

I think I could see how a High elf, dark elf, lizardmen, and skaven standalone game would work. Maybe the standalone games will have mini-campaigns like the size of "the last roman" or "age of charlemagne".

Now an all chaos one could easily still work. They could be infighting for the glory of the chaos gods. Each chaos god is pretty different, a mini campaign with only chaos wouldn't be that boring.

They could even add kislev to the all-chaos campaign as a sort of DLC enemy race to go and destroy.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Any word on a release date for any DLC?