Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Doesnt seem so. this just reveals what the placeholders for DLC would be. So as long as they go with the same plan that the proposed in the placeholder files, this is going to be the eventual product.

I think judging based off of how much DLC they did for attila, that we will see 3 more MAJOR DLC packs before the end of the year. Maybe one in July, one in september, one in November. I know that theres gonna be a lot of FLC coming out like new legendary lords, new magic lores, etc.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    But HOW. Like will there NOT be a grand campaign for the expansions? Just mini-campaigns focused on those regions? Not that I care much, I own the main game and I will buy all DLCs.
    I expect each major expansion will have its own map, which would be of equivalent size to the current grand campaign. Then if you have all 3 you can combine them into an extra large grand campaign.

I think the mini campaigns they are talking about are for DLC packs like maybe a $15 wood elf and beast men pack, with it's own mini campaign of just an expanded Athel Loren and the regions around it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    I cannot disagree with you more. That Chaos in game is undivided is the worst decision in the design lore-wise, in my opinion. Personally i think this is a great idea, can't wait to see it.
    But the gods are not a faction im Warhammer! They are just different upgrades, so they have to be use as in Rome 2 from legioners to heavy legioners and in warhammer from unmarked to marked. CA add something like that, but without Visual changes. I bet if they would do, Chaos would be freakn awesome.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

There probably will be some sort of "marks of chaos" DLC, to boost the intrigue of chaos warriors faction

There probably will be some sort of "marks of chaos" DLC, to boost the intrigue of chaos warriors faction
    They are already in. Before battle you able to add to unit same way as flags, but they have no visual effects like khorne warriors get red. They just Upgrade stats. In Rome 2 CA did better.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    They are already in. Before battle you able to add to unit same way as flags, but they have no visual effects like khorne warriors get red. They just Upgrade stats. In Rome 2 CA did better.
    That doesn't mean that's what they will do, well I would hope for more.

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Mini campaigns are awesome ! Perhaps they will rework the campaign map to make "forests" into secondary territory inside human regions that can only be conquered by elves or beastmen. Same for a potential underway map where orks, dwarves and skavens can fight.

And YES! KISLEV ! Bring on the bear riding guys! Blin!
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

They need to make marks of chaos a special upgrade system. My mark of khorne warriors are not just gonna decide to be mark of slaanesh some day, it's a one way street. Like make it so once you hit triple gold with a unit, you get to pick a mark and upgrade. Include visual effects por favor

They need to make marks of chaos a special upgrade system. My mark of khorne warriors are not just gonna decide to be mark of slaanesh some day, it's a one way street. Like make it so once you hit triple gold with a unit, you get to pick a mark and upgrade. Include visual effects por favor
    The upgrade Button from Rome 2 seems not be in. Not be in at same place. I'verschiedenen trieb same way as in Rome, but it don't work, so hopefully someone found a different way or CA add something others.

Yeah, there is no upgrade button at the moment, but they could of course add it (since they have done it before)

this definitely wont be something solved with mods, not in the right way.

axicup's Avatar Civis

Every time I look at that forest in Bretonnia, I shake my head at how small it is. I just wish they'd expand the existing map and stretch it out a bit, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

It's very curious to me how exactly CA are going to implement Wood Elves. And what could be their goals? Expansion options?
    Keeps me thinking about the High and the Dark elves, too. Like, what would be their role in the grand campaign for the Old world? They'd probably have to allow the elves to conquer human lands, to give them at least some incentive of visiting the Old world. Although, that would not be too lore-friendly.

Elves owning "human" lands IS lore friendly. The elves used to own all of bretonnia, the empire, and regions around there. Thats why the wood elves are that far east. The elves just left long ago after the war with the dwarfs.

So the elves can and will be able to go to the old world and conquer stuff. The only issue I see with High elves and Dark elves is the need for naval warfare.

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Elves owning "human" lands IS lore friendly. The elves used to own all of bretonnia, the empire, and regions around there. Thats why the wood elves are that far east. The elves just left long ago after the war with the dwarfs.

So the elves can and will be able to go to the old world and conquer stuff. The only issue I see with High elves and Dark elves is the need for naval warfare.
    There will be naval warfare for sure. Some unit cards for naval units were leaked some weeks ago.

axicup's Avatar Civis

Yeah, I know that. But it feels weird, somehow. I don't see High Elves conquering human lands, they have their precious Ulthuan, why would they? Dark Elves - yeah, but I think they'd be more inclined to just sack and raid.

Wood Elves have lost their connection to the outside world, I don't think they would see any use in cities that are not in forests. Thousands of years have passed since wood elves lost their territories, severed all ties with their culture and embraced the new way of life. One possible solution would be to make some other forests habitable, populated by, for example, beastmen or greenskins (forest goblins?), and made conquerable by the Wood Elves. I think something like this has already been suggested in this thread.

There are many Elvish towns, particularly in Bretonnia which were once Elvish. Many Bretonnian cities are sited on the ruins of Elvish colonies from the War of Vengeance/War of the Beard which were vacated during this period, either by the Phoenix King's order to pull out, or just because the Dwarves had razed it.

The Asur would likely want to try and reclaim that back as part of their former Kingdom, and would want to have less to do with the Shadow Deities of the Druchii and the cities to which they are dedicated, Naggarond, Hag Graef or Har Ganeth and its associations with Khaine, for example.
    Last edited by Son of Horus; June 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciruelo View Post
    There will be naval warfare for sure. Some unit cards for naval units were leaked some weeks ago.
    I saw those, the Dwarfs had Dreadnaughts if I recal, how can the others beat that, except may be fire breathing dragons?

When I play high elves, i'm gonna confederate all of ulthuan, then lead my armies into my ally's regions to fight chaos. So i'll ally with empire and bretonnia, then use my armies in theior regions.

Maybe i'll conquer something here or there along the coast.

No big deal

I think the first few DLC factions will likely be Empire/human centric. Boris Todbringer in Middenheim with the Wolfpriests of Ulric and Kislev come in mind.

But man, I have this weird nagging suspicion that Kislev and some Chaos stuff should come out at the same time haha
    Forward, march!

Kislev needs to come out as an expansion. Even a roster as fleshed out as bretonnia's (like 13 units) would be an amazing start! Modders would expand it of course and really bring it to life.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

I know it's been said countless times before, but first of all, I need that blood & gore DLC!

This is sodding Warhammer after all!
    - What can change the nature of a man?