Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Hopefully they call the DLC: Blood for the Blood God.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

axicup's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Hopefully they call the DLC: Blood for the Blood God.
    But they'd have to include some Khorne units to justify!

I cant believe Im here waiting for DLC on a CA/TW game

Man time really changes you

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoon View Post
    I cant believe Im here waiting for DLC on a CA/TW game

Man time really changes you
    Ha ha, life is full of surprises. But one must admit there is a lot of stuff CA could be a'sellin.

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    The Asur would likely want to try and reclaim that back as part of their former Kingdom, and would want to have less to do with the Shadow Deities of the Druchii and the cities to which they are dedicated, Naggarond, Hag Graef or Har Ganeth and its associations with Khaine, for example.
    Actually, no. The High and Dark elves are pretty focused on each other and on Chaos (which is a threat to both of them). They are in millenia old civil war where the Dark Elves have invaded Ulthuan multiple times, and High Elves have established a foothold with Arnheim in Druchii lands. Hell, when one of the biggest chaos invasions ever happened, the High Elves just sended 3 mages (Teclis and 2 others). The Empire got magic (and the colleges) through there tho.
    So, no, High and Dark Elves are pretty occupied, and don't really have the manpower to start invading the Old World.

On the other hand ofcourse, this is TW, so as soon as the campaing starts, F lore, and reclaim the colonies!

Senator

This it is. TW sets some starting conditions, in a certain way connected with history or "lore history", then you are on your own. Is it really realistic to conquer the world as Aksum in TW:Attila? Probably not, but who cares? TW is alternative history/lore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeaconBosco View Post
    Sounds like the Beastmen will have a mini-campaign of their own, I don't see CA just adding 8 Beastmen herds to the main campaign.

A Tomb Kings campaign might be interesting, but I had the choice, I'd rather see the Skaven face the Dwarves & Greenskins in a struggle for dominion of the entire Underway.
    Agree

I think for warhammer, the DLC is warranted and worth the price. We aren't buying some copy-paste faction for 10 bucks. This is gonna be entirely new faction's with new playstyles, models, quests... bring it on the only bummer Is that some people won't buy the dlc.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Honestly after watching the campaign unfold a few times, the DLC's most needed is Kislev and Tomb Kings. Kislev beacuse most factions run into them one way or another and Tomb Kings (alternatively skaven) is beacuse Orks and Dwarves are really lonely in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Honestly after watching the campaign unfold a few times, the DLC's most needed is Kislev and Tomb Kings. Kislev beacuse most factions run into them one way or another and Tomb Kings (alternatively skaven) is beacuse Orks and Dwarves are really lonely in the east.
    I prefer Skaven

Skaven wont be a simple DLC, they are a game seller. Skaven will be the poster-rats of whichever expandalone of the trilogy they are being released with. Same with Tomb Kings, I am certain they will be in another game(just not as the poster boys, think like how Greenskins/maybe even dwarfs were for this game, sorry Orc fans but its true). Also I dont think it is that unlikely they will fit 8 Herds inside the current map, there could be like 5 in the Empire, 2 in Brettonia and 1 in Kislev easily, I could definitely see that.

Kislev DEFINITELY needs an update(DLC) for their Roster, and while I would like to see a Dogs of War dlc for Estalia/Tilea/BP's I doubt it. Personally I also hope an updated underway is included in whichever game the skaven feature in.

Badlands and the north after Chaos are defeated feel the most empty to me currently. In fact I have a bit of trouble seeing how Wood Elves and Beastmen will fit on the current map- lorewise definitely! gameplay though... those areas don't exactly feel empty as it is and particularly the Empire in Middlenlands already can barely manage vs Norse- adding Beastmen seem likely to end them more often than not. Atheloren is not tiny area but also can't seem more than 3 regions fitting there and that does not seem enough for fun gameplay. The only way I can see Wood Elves and Beastmen working on the current grand campaign map is if there is world roots system or access to a larger Atheloren map and a sort of shadow campaign waged between certain factions for control of forest regions that other factions won't settle and rarely raid due to attrition.

I'd much prefer to see TK, CD, Kislev, Hobgoblins, and Ogres added so that the Badlands and mountains feel more lively but it definitely appears we will see Bretonnia, WE, and Beastment first. I am looking forward to all 3 and will most likely play Beastmen as a horde before CW especially if there is a forest mechanic of some sort.

But the thing is Ogres, TK's, Chaos Dwarfs and for the most part Hobgoblins are off of the current map, they wont be DLC unless they do the Call of Warhammer mod thing were they are "Invading". Personally my problem with the north of the map is that a HUGE province that could easily have been 4 mountain provinces is a 2 region province(Northern Worlds Edge Mountains). I would have liked to see some Night Goblins and some minor Karaks up there personally. I definitely think that game 2 or 3 whichever adds Darklands/MoM/Tomb Kings region(and presumably Araby) will really change up the current Greenskin and Dwarf playthroughs though. And yeah, I can't see Athel Loren having more than 3 provinces though I would expect just 2

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    Skaven wont be a simple DLC, they are a game seller. Skaven will be the poster-rats of whichever expandalone of the trilogy they are being released with. Same with Tomb Kings, I am certain they will be in another game(just not as the poster boys, think like how Greenskins/maybe even dwarfs were for this game, sorry Orc fans but its true). Also I dont think it is that unlikely they will fit 8 Herds inside the current map, there could be like 5 in the Empire, 2 in Brettonia and 1 in Kislev easily, I could definitely see that.

Kislev DEFINITELY needs an update(DLC) for their Roster, and while I would like to see a Dogs of War dlc for Estalia/Tilea/BP's I doubt it. Personally I also hope an updated underway is included in whichever game the skaven feature in.
    Did you not read the OP? Second game is Elves n' Lizzards, third game is Chaos. Both Skaven and Tomb Kings will likely be mini-campaign. Skaven might be in the second game since they are the only evil race with a real presence in fantasy South America. Also the posterboys will be High Elves and Chaos Deamons, they are more popular and recognizable and will draw more non-warhammer fans than the rat-men.

@wood elves 'n beastmen.

Well they got one thing in common. they both live in forests. I wonder if they are going to redesign the campaign map to fit in forest dwellings, there are a few in the empire and Brettonia. Also Wood Elves need some sort of motivation, sitting on their ass in Warhammer Lothorien will not cut it.
    Last edited by Påsan; June 22, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

Except CA confirmed this is not the current schedule. I will definitely assume that all these factions will make it in but CA has said it will not be organized as such. They could be lying but I dont see why they would, I feel it would be easier to not respond at that point.

axicup's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    Except CA confirmed this is not the current schedule. I will definitely assume that all these factions will make it in but CA has said it will not be organized as such. They could be lying but I dont see why they would
    Doesn't mean that it's all wrong. It could be 90% true, and them simply moving some stuff around.

Any one else notice that the area on the map where the forest of loth loren is situated is blanked out on the map? The other thing ive noticed is that in middenland there are some very chaosy looking stone circles etc, im thinking that's where they'll insert the beastmen horde

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    3rd Expansion chaos gods.

Please do NOT split in 4 factions. That make no sense, cause unmarked lord should decide what Kind of way and which god he follow and not from beginning decide for one.
    I am guessing they will be Chaos Demon factions.

I hope Skaven are a DLC in Game One... i mean just because 1 Clan is present in the Warhammer South America can't be a reason to put them into Game two. I mean the others Clans and the Capitol City are in the old world.

There are a lot of forest regions throughout the map which are impassible. Athel Loren is the biggest, but the empire has several small patches here and there. I wonder if beastmen/wood elves would be able to move around in those impassible forests... perhaps their mission would be to annihilate each other. Wood elves would have to forest hop around to chase beastmen, whereas beastmen need to build up a horde to invade Athel loren.

Also, has anyone thought of the potential for "forrest" corruption? Basically, imagine if wood elves and beastmen both caused forests to spread around and grow just like chaos/vampiric corruption. Except theirs would be thick forrests, slowing down armies and making ambushes easier (both beastmen and wood elves are ambush-oriented)