Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

They got to add naval battle later on, or else the Elves will be rather dull, and once again the Lothern Sea guard is getting the Short end of the gift casket.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER. What factions are waiting for us - information leak about the upcoming DLC and addons

Yeah but Elves are the only factions that have dedicated marine units (lothern sea guard and corsairs). So theres not much variation for other factions to justify naval battles/units.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Yeah but Elves are the only factions that have dedicated marine units (lothern sea guard and corsairs). So theres not much variation for other factions to justify naval battles/units.
    CA said there are no plans to incorporate naval combat into the game. I can't cite the source, because I don't remember which pc gaming website it was. But it was a direct response from them after being asked about naval combat.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    There will be no ships battles. CA said that in Interview. For got the Name of that person. DLC was leaked already. No ships there.
    This is correct. They said those ship files were intended for something with the campaign map, but were never used. There will be no naval combat implemented.

I was looking at the graphics in geforce experience and in the desciption of water details and unit size it's talking about naval battles and ships.
    so I don't know if CA was talking about this game or the trilogy in the interview but it seems like they intended to go further than creating ships only for the campaign.

description :

Water Detail
    Adjusts the quality and fidelity of water in naval battles.

Unit Size
    Adjusts the visual fidelity and complexity of squads and ships, and the number of unique soldier models per squad.

So either cut content or theydidnt made in time for release.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Im about 90% sure there'll be naval battles in the second game. Whatever CA said about it to some webside is irrelevant beacuse 1: They were talking about the first game which wont have naval battles and 2: They would never spoil a selling point of the second game this early anyway through some random interview.
    So either cut content or theydidnt made in time for release
    Probably engine groundwork to be expanded upon.

But what is meant by second and third games? Games like Attila? Or Games like the Samurai expansion ? I hope is expansion because otherwise what means to buy again a game with the same factions? OR only some and not others?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

From what I heard it's stand-alone expansions that can be played on their own with their unique land and races or combined together with the other games for the "complete" game.

I'm betting that's also when we'll get a ending victory scene. No point celebrating you beat the game when you only fought a fraction of what the old world can throw at you.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    But what is meant by second and third games? Games like Attila? Or Games like the Samurai expansion ? I hope is expansion because otherwise what means to buy again a game with the same factions? OR only some and not others?
    From what we know, the second and third will expand the map to include larger parts of the Warhammer world and factions. Hopefully this will be an expansion of the pre-existing map rather than separate theatres as in Empire total War.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    From what we know, the second and third will expand the map to include larger parts of the Warhammer world and factions. Hopefully this will be an expansion of the pre-existing map rather than separate theatres as in Empire total War.
    I'm fairly certain it will be one large open map if you buy all 3 stand alone games, the way empire was would be horribly crude for this new game.

Considering Beastmen campaign being separate, I'm not holding my breath that they'll do something different if they do new campaigns. Though Beastmen as a new face works differently than conventional factions, which require starting positions and not random spawning.
    Have they ever done an "expanded" grand campaign map with subsequent expansions? My hunch is that there's an engine limitation to it, though the current map looks like it can be expanded upon...but then again so has the campaigns from Rome2 onward.

They would've built the campaign map and then limited it, I wouldn't worry, they'll be able to expand the campaign map to include all the other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Have they ever done an "expanded" grand campaign map with subsequent expansions? My hunch is that there's an engine limitation to it, though the current map looks like it can be expanded upon...but then again so has the campaigns from Rome2 onward.
    Maybe moving to 64-bit has the potential to expand the map more efficiently over the Rome 2 engine. I'm not sure though.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Haven't you guys played Empire with multiple theaters of war you could travel to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kassandros View Post
    Haven't you guys played Empire with multiple theaters of war you could travel to?
    Several of us have, and I didn't mind it, but if possible I would prefer one large map when all 3 of the Warhammer games are released.

Separate theatres was fine for 2009, and was quite impressive scope for that time. Now though not so much. Wouldn't mind trade nodes though for Cathay, Kuresh etc.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    Several of us have, and I didn't mind it, but if possible I would prefer one large map when all 3 of the Warhammer games are released.
    They confirmed it will be one large map already in one of CA's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    They confirmed it will be one large map already in one of CA's videos.
    Paradamed, thanks for clearing that one up.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Been a while since beastmen. Thinking its time for new factions.