Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Default Re: GATHER THE WAR-HERDS! THE BEASTMEN COMETH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    They will probably listen and give us a full-er roster for wood elves in a few months.

However, I think the beastmen roster is pretty full. I mean they are only missing like 4 units that I can think of... mostly just the jabberslythe and the other big monster.

Now I hope they release those units eventually, but am I gonna throw a fit that they didn't make every single possible unit? No. I'm extremely thankful and excited to rip it this DLC

It will definitely prove interesting to play a coop campaign as beastmen and Warriors of chaos, to say the least, and that alone would provide me enough hours of gameplay to be worth the money
    This i understand if the roster was big to begin with but the original roster is already small so not adding 4 or 5 unique units is a big issue.
    One have to ask then what will they do with Skaven or Lizzardmen who both have tons of unique units.
    And it's not like monsters units can be added via mods because i've not seen any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    One have to ask then what will they do with Skaven or Lizzardmen who both have tons of unique units.
    And it's not like monsters units can be added via mods because i've not seen any yet.
    Quite a few posts complaining at the official forums with players stating for the extra cost of this DLC from normal pricing that the unit roster of just this one faction should be better. Both flying units are missing for instance.
    I also read that the missing units can't be modded in yet and is there going to be more support.

It's a definite concern your correct, if the rest of the factions rosters with interesting/fun unique units have gaps. Players look forward to the release of their favourite factions, partly because of all the unit types.

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    This i understand if the roster was big to begin with but the original roster is already small so not adding 4 or 5 unique units is a big issue.
    Isn't the mod "Giant Boar(unloreful Units Dawrf/Orc & Gob" a monster added via mods?

axicup's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Isn't the mod "Giant Boar(unloreful Units Dawrf/Orc & Gob" a monster added via mods?
    It's not exactly a new monster, it's just a boar taken from under boar boyz and resized. The problem is you cannot import new models, so no harpies, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by axicup View Post
    It's not exactly a new monster, it's just a boar taken from under boar boyz and resized. The problem is you cannot import new models, so no harpies, for example.
    Not at the moment because TWW's models have different standard than earlier games, say Rome 2 or Attila, so older Assembly kits won't work anymore. Give them time and I believe they would release new Assembly kit (conspiracy theory: not before they are more or less done with DLCs). Seeing the high quality of Attila mods such as Medieval Kingdoms, I'm rather sure that modded TWW would be epic.

BTW, CA's announcement on modding support: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...odding_Details

I wonder if they'll add faction specific battle themes for the beasties, like the tribal chants you hear in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by axicup View Post
    Ah I see. Thought it was a new model. Thanks for clearing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Dark elves have harpies, so they might be added retroactively. Its kinda sad though beacuse unlike the big monsters which is basically "bee-line for nearest infantry blob and smash" harpies have a very specific tactical usage.

Civis

Moooo! Warherds! MOOOO!!!!

LOL! I could not write funnier material :-)
    Who makes this stuff up? He should get a Pulitzer!

Civis

And now I have to get the music from "Rawhide" to listen to while I play!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Hello gents, stay off from personal references please; once again, everybody is entitled to have his/her own opinion, hence respect it, thanks.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Dark elves have harpies, so they might be added retroactively. Its kinda sad though beacuse unlike the big monsters which is basically "bee-line for nearest infantry blob and smash" harpies have a very specific tactical usage.
    Shame the flying units are not in, but seen as many of the Beastmen units get vanguard deployment then every battle could be a semi ambush.
    This means enemy missile units can be easily targeted early in a scrap. So is the very specific tactical usage really that much of a loss?

Citizen

No could have been worse. But I'm hoping the DLC wont be sands-dlc overpowered.

Beastmen should really loose to most factions in a stand up fight, requiering use of ambush and clever use of units to win. They are pretty much the bottom of the litter in the lore. More than a nuisance than a menace.

Yeah the AI will just get killed all the time since they re never going to use ambush tactics. Ive never seen them use vanguard in general

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

Okay, decent map, I'm sold.
    Pre-ordered.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

I was hoping for Morghur to be honest. If it's DLC they should add 3 legendary lords a la Chaos. Might wait for a while till they add others and buy a few in the sale.

I love the beastmen, but if it is one of those broken horde faction mechanics, where random ai player just repopulates provinces two turns after you move on to the next target, then I wont buy this dlc.

Pretty much disappointed as a massive chaos fanboy. Waiting for the ogre kingdoms.

Citizen

Nothing worse than a map with half the settlements burned down and nobody rebuilding. Having a settlement burned is still a massive setback for both AI and Players.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Nothing worse than a map with half the settlements burned down and nobody rebuilding. Having a settlement burned is still a massive setback for both AI and Players.
    Even when a settlement is just sacked. If you had walls around it, you'll be spending many turns focusing your forces around it so that you can rebuild the defenses.

axicup's Avatar Civis

There is a Lore of the Wild video posted on CA's facebook page.

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards CA being uncreative with spell effects.
    Last edited by axicup; July 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM.