Thread: Bretonia question

Default Bretonia question

Haven't been on these forums much since the days of MTW2, so apologies if the answer to this question is common knowledge around here, but...

Has CA given any indication when Bretonia will be playable? I fully expected them to become playable right after release (the way the Seleucid Empire came so quickly for Rome 2). It just doesn't make much sense that they are not, since they have a functional unit roster and are a key to so many of the existing campaigns. Are they perhaps bundling it with the Wood Elf faction that belongs in their territory?

Default Re: Bretonia question

Yeah most likely will come out bundled as a free faction with another dlc. Wood Elves seems the likely candidate but who knows.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

its a bit strange yeah. There's complaints about their small (But effective) rooster but they only really lack like three units and a few lords. It should be much less work than the G&G dlc. Then again I suspect they are holding out because they want people to play for longer by spreading the content out.

there's a mod called "playable Bretonnia campaign" in the steam workshop and there are 2-3 mods that add good and cool units for Bretonnia. check it out

Here is confirmation in picture from offical forum topic, from White Dwarf september 2016 i believe.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Thanks for linking that page, confirming that they are actively working on it!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

If you look here

it seems like we have a while until we reach Bretonnia as FLC. But they are coming, and once they do, PRAY that they are on your side.

Why?
    The next 4-6Updates could all be bretonia

Because the New Hero will for sure be combined with the new Lore of Magic and the New Legendary Lord could be for the New Playable race.

Cpt. Stables's Avatar Libertus

New lore will likely be the Lore of Life, considering the Bretonnians and Wood Elves historically made more use of those lists than any other army, and will need it already functioning prior to their entry into the game.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    Why?
    The next 4-6Updates could all be bretonia

Because the New Hero will for sure be combined with the new Lore of Magic and the New Legendary Lord could be for the New Playable race.
    New LL is wurzagg for the greenskins confrimed by CA
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The rest of the vanilla factions is going to get their G&G treatment and a vlad-esque hero as FLC. Then the Brett FLC is up. The new lord/magic/race is probably the same thing. Bretonnia.

I keep hearing people claim that Bretonnia will be the Free DLC that comes out with the Wood Elf faction, but I don't think they have thought about that idea too much. Think about it, why would they bring two races out at once, when they can spread them out? Having two separate race DLC's for factions looks like they are adding more to the game than having one DLC that adds two races. What will happen is you'll see the Free DLC with the Wood Elf faction being a hero and a lore of magic, and the Bretonnians will likely be released at the same time as a unit/lord pack.

I feel weird about their lords not starting with a mount in the mods I've played.... hopefully they start with a mount when they're fully fleshed out....
    Forward, march!

There's alot that needs to be done for Bretonnia to be fleshed out and feel unique. I'm really hoping for honour, faith and virtue features that affect the way you play and support a chivalrous playstyle with things like never fleeing a battle to boost divine protection on your knights, crusade bonuses to help a ally or heroes having random virtues that affect their abilities in the battlefield or at the home front.

Another thing I'd like to see is Questing knights being powerful monster killing units but under the questing vow they'll start leaving your army if you don't constantly journey across the map.

Yeah sure.... these are all things out good innovative CA is willing to implement.

I can dream can't I?

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

He has a a point. Bretonnia needs some kind of unique campaign level factor (grudges for dwarves, waagh for gs etc ...) If not they are just a copy paste of the empire.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"