Thread: How Much Can I Gain With RX 470 4GB

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default How Much Can I Gain With RX 470 4GB

Below are my benchmark using my current rig.

i5-3570 and Radeon R7 260X 2 GB.

Even on lowest setting can't get 60 fps.

I'm sure the CPU is enough though so probably going to get RX 470 or maybe RX 480.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 06, 2016 at 07:09 AM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: How Much Can I Gain With RX 470 4GB

Well you already have an AMD card, but my 480 has been nothing but issues. Screen flickering with Freesync at 144hz, shows blank screens at random times, mouse cursor corruption problems, very high temps, the fan is really loud (louder than my old system that has two 4870's in Crossfire, and those cards are loud), and Radeon settings wattman crashes half the time I try to use it.

When it works properly (rarely) it allows me to play TWW at ultra settings with 70+ fps with my i5-4570, so with a better video card you should be able to run ultra too, or at the very least some combo of high/ultra is my guess (I also have 16gb of ram and for reference my GTX 760 limited me to high settings).

But check this thread, I am not the only one with these issues with the new AMD cards:
    https://community.amd.com/thread/202433

The new cards are such a complete and utter disaster that I am in the process of RMAing my card and am going to buy the GTX 1060. I don't even care that it doesn't have Freesync. I strongly recommend you do the same. The 3gb 1060 can be had for under $200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-405-_-Product

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last edited by Fallen851; September 07, 2016 at 08:35 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Yeah. Been reading my local tech forum where people been posting about issues for RX 480. All non ref card (Sapohire nitro mostly). However not yet heard anything regarding 470 though, most probably it's pretty hard to come by. Since nvidia are pretty much over budget nowadays (because of currency exchange) I'll probably gonna have to stick to AMD. Am eyeing the powercolor red devil one. Looks cool and basicaaly the cheapest of all RX 470GB.

I should have just sold you my Powercolor 480.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen851 View Post
    I should have just sold you my Powercolor 480.
    Can COD.. ? lol.

Oh forgot. 1060 6GB is probably out of the question because here it's primarily more expensive that RX 480. Don't know if the 3GB version worth it.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 09, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I fiund one local seller which is selling 380X about the same price as RX 470. It's new card but old stock and shops are reducing their prices. Should I go with that card. Does it gives better texture quality? Or it's aboyt the same as the newer RX 470?

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I fiund one local seller which is selling 380X about the same price as RX 470. It's new card but old stock and shops are reducing their prices. Should I go with that card. Does it gives better texture quality? Or it's aboyt the same as the newer RX 470?
    A R9 380X for the same price of a RX 470 is a bad value; I would go with the RX 470 100% of the time. The RX 470 is on average about 20% faster than the R9 380X in synthetic benchmarks, and about 15-25% faster in TW:WH DX12, on average.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; October 05, 2016 at 09:35 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night