Thread: Warhammer: Total Chase

Default Warhammer: Total Chase

Trying to catch Archaon. I move. He moves away. I move. He moves away.

See Chaos run. Run run run. Run Chaos run.

Chaos wins by sucking fun out of the game.

Default Re: Warhammer: Total Chase

You need to recruit agents with block army ability. You should recruit them early in the game so they are sufficiently lvled up when doomtide starts (lvl.10 or over you can reliably stop most armies).

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    You need to recruit agents with block army ability. You should recruit them early in the game so they are sufficiently lvled up when doomtide starts (lvl.10 or over you can reliably stop most armies).
    Sure mods can fix this, but I think his point is that the game shouldn't have been like this in the first place.

And he is right. A beta test would can caught this, and it is amazing that someone at CA hasn't played the game and said "gosh this experience is stupid, why don't we fix this?"

Fortunately it is not too late.
    Last edited by Fallen851; September 30, 2016 at 08:22 PM.

Besides initial skills and terrain, there are like zero other modifies to army movement. Mods I have used demonstrate the plethoria of plausible and practical ways to amend this, least of them are "you move faster in regions you own" mod, or my personal favourite, an expanded skilltree mod that includes skills that reduce nearby enemy armies' movement range.

I also would prefer a new deploy stance that reduces enemy army ranges near the Hero. Far more reliable than chasing down an army and suffering through a series of Failures before finally a success (assuming no Critical Failure or getting whacked) that would probably too late as the enemy army escaped or arrived. I'd rather guaranteed 10% movement range than a hit and miss for what, 50%? You can at least give the stance to the Hero subtypes (re Orc Shaman have it whereas Goblin Shaman keep the existing stance).
    Or of course just give multiple stance options for Heroes. Want to hinder movement range? Gotta turn off that Construction cost discount stance first.
    Buildings can also have this effect, specifically the Defense type.

Strange I never had to catch him, he was always coming for me

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

This is one of the most irritating aspects of this game. I finally just decided to subscribe to a mod that removes aggressive actions of the AI's agents, and another that removes the AI cheats. Now, the Chaos invasion just involves me using my agents to slow them down enough to the point that I can catch the stacks. Otherwise, you will spend the entire game playing peekaboo with the damn AI. They move into your land. You approach. They move just out of range. They move into your land. You approach. They move just out of range. It's literally what happens for the last 100-150 turns of the game. It's mind-numbing and sucks all the fun out of the game.

If you're not opposed to slight cheats, try the agents mod. I did that and restricted myself to using agents only to slow down chaos stacks so I could fight them. Worked like a charm. (And made me realize just how annoying agents were. Seriously, they need to rethink how agents on the campaign map function.)

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

when your army is full of elite units, he will run want him to come to you? use some low tier units. it is how the AI works. I think.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I set up an ambush and use agents to slow him down, so no need to have mods or cheat....