Thread: Been playing for ages and now won't load

Icon8 Been playing for ages and now won't load

Hi Guys

Hoping you can help.

I had some problems with my internet connection kept on dropping out. Since I have resolved this issue I am unable to load up Warhammer at all. Despite the fact that Steam is in online mode a message comes up that says if I am starting warhammer for the first time I need to be online and to put Steam online and follow the instructions.

Well firstly I have nearly 200 hours in this game so not starting for the first time. Secondly, Steam is very much online! I have tried verifying the game cache which did nothing. Is there anything else I can do other than a re-install?

Warhammer seems to think I am in offline mode when I am not! Other games are working fine and updating so not sure what to do.

Help!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Been playing for ages and now won't load

Try verify the game cache.

If not working, re-install Steam (make copies of your games data first). What I did was usually re-name the Steam folder, uninstall and e-install Steam, then move the games data to the new Steam installation.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius