Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new dlc makes a mockery of any balanced competitive game!

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Default The new dlc makes a mockery of any balanced competitive game!

Without further comments:

2x greatsword infantry upgraded to 3 gold chevrons at a cost of 1402 per unit and 2804 total vs the new orc elite unit [krimzon something] at a cost of 1400. Empire units engaged one by one. The new unit slaughters one greatsword and almost destroys the 2nd.
    http://imgur.com/a/ycmGA

But if you think this is bad just wait!!! One Demigryph with halberds at a cost of 1500 vs the new orc elite unit at a cost of 1100. The orc unit doesn't even loose half of its men!! Not even half before the demigryphs are obliterated!
    http://imgur.com/a/SLcYs

I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I have paid ~100 euros on the game and all the dlc's in the hope of having a fun and balanced game. Oh my God how retarded I was. CA makes a bloody mockery of the balance of this game because they have to make unbelievably over powered units for the dlc. And here is why: players who do not own the dlc will get ANNIHILATED online by those using the new units. For the Greenskins these are just 2 examples. The other new units are just as overpowered or even worse!!!!!!! And when your average player/customer gets trashed online not because of poor skills but because of op units what choice does he have? He can quit the game or spend 7 euros on the new dlc NOT because he wants it but because it will be IMPOSSIBLE to play and win the game vs certain opponents without those units. This is how broken the game is! PERIOD.

This is a mockery towards many many many customers. Such a lack of a minimum respect shows just how unscrupulous these individuals are.

And before I hear anything - I OWN ALL THE DLC'S. Including this pile of... op game-breaking stuff. That's not the point. The point is so many many many players will no longer be able to play this game in any type of competitive mode from now on until these individuals hit their sales targets and issue a patch to downgrade the op units. Which rest assured they will do. But not before they "persuade" many more people to buy the new dlc with the "quality" of the new units.

What a mockery of a potentially competitive game. Such a lack of respect for this community!

PS: I have no expectations from a company that thinks its customers are so stupid they cannot write the name of a player in a lobby and introduce an autocomplete function which means you simply cannot communicate with other people in writing using the game chat without a considerable headache in anything above 1v1.
    Last edited by Flinn; October 21, 2016 at 03:06 AM. Reason: removed off topic comments about CA- please keep the discussion on the game and not on the company - Flinn

"Aim towards the Enemy."
    -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

Default Re: The new dlc makes a mockery of any balanced competitive game!

How are the Empire unique regemints doing against the new ork special regiments?

I played some 1vs1 last night after not playing for about a month.

And it is still broken. Balance literally does not exist in multiplayer.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What did you all really expect? You endorsed it by buying the game.

Warhammer is everything that is wrong with the direction Total War is taking, minus the innovation in optimisation and animations.

They'll continue to make even more money and go the same path, only difference is they'll take the historical side down this route and make it more unrealistic than before. Attila basically being the devil reincarnate, machinegun arrow towers and archers slaying armies were bad enough...
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

What is wrong is that you guys count on a single player game based on campaign to be competitive and balanced when on MP. Not the best idea.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Also you guys apparently suck at multiplayer. Empire is still the strongest faction. Greenskins got a bit of a buff and can contest it now.

Also Empire infantry is supposed to be horrible, a small step up from bretonian infantry. They are way stronger in TW:W than they ever were in the tabletop.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Also you guys apparently suck at multiplayer. Empire is still the strongest faction. Greenskins got a bit of a buff and can contest it now.

Also Empire infantry is supposed to be horrible, a small step up from bretonian infantry. They are way stronger in TW:W than they ever were in the tabletop.
    Oh how I was waiting for this type of comment. Pasan, many of us may very well suck at multiplayer. Speaking for myself here, in the last 38 1v1 ranked/ladder games that I played [quoting this number because I have replays of each], I lost 11 games, had 2 draws, and won 25. But fine, let's say I suck at multiplayer.

Being so many of us who suck at it, that horde of horrible horrible players did however pay around 100 euro on the game and all dlc's so they can fight eachother online and have fun. And now, presuming an equal degree of multiplayer stupidity, mr. Noob Alpha gets trashed by mr. Noob Beta, online in empire vs greenskins, not because one is better than the other [they both suck] but because an 1100 cost orc unit can take down 1 demigryph and go on and fight another, while the orc Krimzon unit can on its own destroy about half the empire infantry that a player would bring in an online game.

By the way, when you say a bit of a buff, it's clear you have not tested the units. Go play the game and test all the new units. Almost without exception, they are all unbelievably op. Oh and just to make things better, the Vampire Counts got an increase in the regen cap. Cause Empire was the nr 1 online faction...

In my opinion, whomever says Empire is the nr 1 faction has not actually played the game. The Beastmen and the VC beat the Empire with equal regularity in online, presuming decent players, just as most other factions trash the Dwarfs. But that's not the point.

The point is a unit from the same class, say anti-large cav, should not completly destroy another unit of the same type when that 2nd unit costs 50% more. There really is nothing more to say.
    Last edited by RaduAlexandru; October 20, 2016 at 05:21 PM.

"Aim towards the Enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post

The Greenskins are by far the most powerful faction. I've never lost with them, and only beaten them twice when playing against competent players. Black Orcs and Giants in particular punch way above their cost.

Radu is correct in his assessment though. While I think some races should have better types of units than other races, even when considering cost, there is simply not such thing as balance with how the game is currently balanced.
    Last edited by Fallen851; October 21, 2016 at 02:17 AM.

Again your mistake is that you guys paid 100 euros for a game that is single player and HAPPENS to have multiplayer

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Gents, please stay on topic ok? I don't think that anyone's skill in MP or how people wants to spend their money has anything to do with this discussion. Also, if you want to comment about CA policy more than about the game or a DLC, use the dedicated thread. Thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Again your mistake is that you guys paid 100 euros for a game that is single player and HAPPENS to have multiplayer
    I disagree. If you look at the game, the majority of people do play online and the number is increasing as this game begins to go towards the competitive path. Except the dwarfs, until this patch, every faction had counters for every other faction, more or less. There was no real balance but there were counters. The issue with this patch is it distorts the balance to such an extent that there really is a problem. I am very upset about the orcs and their op stats [for the cost of the units] but I am much more worried about the increase in regen cap for the vampires.

There is another thing thou - the game seems to run much slower and stresses the cpu a lot more than pre-patch. At least that is what is going on in my case. Plus, before the patch I could easily alt tab from the game. Not now thou. Simply pressing alt tab no longer works and you need to manually toggle between the alt tab windows and select another one than the game. So in addition to the balance issues there are technical issues as well.

"Aim towards the Enemy."

Okay I would like to see those stats because I would have guessed that only a minority is playing mp battles.

Alt-Tab I had the same problem, I reactivatde windows mode and alt-tab is now working as before.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Looking at the achievements, only 27.5% of who own the game have even played a multiplayer game; 18.3% have played 5 games and only 6.2% have played 25 multiplayer battles. It's theoretically possible that those 6.2% outnumber the active single player community, but I doubt it.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

So when the Steam statistics are correct, I guess that balancing mp battles is not the top priority of CA

I just know that single player campaigns for this DLC are insufferable difficult. I have never played campaigns as hard as these ones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKFuRnKs6P8

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

This unbalance came from total war concept.

Normally CA should no Limit how many troops you have in an army, but how much you pay for max.

Short example. One Player have 40 units Swordsmen other have 20 Black orcs, but both cost same are balanced and cost same.
    Instead of that CA made: one Player have 19 Black orcs and other 19 swordsmen any no possibility to get more men to balance that - just build up second army.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

problems like this can be solved by a separate file/stat for sp and mp. not sure how feasible it is to code.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    problems like this can be solved by a separate file/stat for sp and mp. not sure how feasible it is to code.
    Shogun 2 did have separate stats for SP and MP, at least in the db files iirc.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

We play multiplayer campaign.

First empire and goblins on hard. For empire it was very easy to confedarate with other. Very early emire won many provinces Due to that.
    Second goblins and wurzag. Due to round 10 orcs confederate with each other.

This is very disappointed, cause they didn't fought before this. They confederate without preassure!
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Single player factions on the campaign map aren't supposed to be balanced against each other.

As for multi im thinking Vamps are the strongest now actually. The "op" units armored boar riders and the killerz never seem to get much kills over their normal counterparts and therefore not be worth it. Especially the killers tend to draw every arrow, bullet and cannonball on the map. People seem to shoot them rather than giants now.

Squigs probably need a nerf, very cost-effective for the price and much better than the wolf riders.
    Last edited by Påsan; October 26, 2016 at 02:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast