Thread: I am extremely dissapointed with this game

Default I am extremely dissapointed with this game

Hey guys,

First of all let me give you a background.

I live in a poor country and money doesn't easily come by but anyway I played alot of Rome Total War and Medieval Total War 2k+ hours the game must be amazing right?

NOPE! I can only play 5 Factions 1 that I finished already Vampire Count(Long campaign) Mannfred is riding atop of his bone dragon and the other factions just seem.... boring I'd like to try out the others such as Beastman since I love the playstyle but nah I will not be able to unless I pay money... wtf?

I love the game bought it 4 days ago and got 25 hours into it (huge fan of total war) but the fact that I'll only be able to play 5 factions from all that they release simply makes me regret buying the game now I read that there's 3 more expansions with new factions that I'll only see the dumb AI play..

I am extremely dissapointed and bummed when I realize I spent 45$ for 25 hours :/

Default Re: I am extremely dissapointed with this game

did you play on easy difficulty?

Also consider an improtant thing that you only played 1 faction.. you CHOSE to put 25 hrs, you can always choose to play the other campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Uldred View Post
    Hey guys,

First of all let me give you a background.

I live in a poor country and money doesn't easily come by but anyway I played alot of Rome Total War and Medieval Total War 2k+ hours the game must be amazing right?

NOPE! I can only play 5 Factions 1 that I finished already Vampire Count(Long campaign) Mannfred is riding atop of his bone dragon and the other factions just seem.... boring I'd like to try out the others such as Beastman since I love the playstyle but nah I will not be able to unless I pay money... wtf?

I love the game bought it 4 days ago and got 25 hours into it (huge fan of total war) but the fact that I'll only be able to play 5 factions from all that they release simply makes me regret buying the game now I read that there's 3 more expansions with new factions that I'll only see the dumb AI play..

I am extremely dissapointed and bummed when I realize I spent 45$ for 25 hours :/
    You should give it a chance. Even playing with the same race again. Unlike the last TW games what the computer player does each time seems to vary a lot so your campaign can go completely different. Also using the different legendary lords and the different starting units can effect how quickly/successfully you can get on the offensive.

I do agree that it is better with the additional races but there is still a lot of fun to be had. Plus there are mods in the workshop that will let you play some additional factions (such as southern realms, brettonia and even the norse tribes) and they don't cost a thing.

I do agree that playing the same faction will make me put more hours into the game but when I think about the fact that they're going to release atleast 5+ factions paid only screws my playtime I love the game I really do and I'm going to buy the beastman with my last money but I'm not going to spend anything more into it I could've gotten Battlefield 1 for 55$ and get 200 hours in exchange :/

I've played on Normal at start (was too easy) changed to hard (easy still) then very hard (which was OK) I got destroyed few times until I managed to get the hang of the game but I simply don't like the Empire since I'm just going to fight against Flaggelants and I'm close to finishing Greenskin (need to beat archaon and finish the empire) and the Dwarf playstyle is just... horrible I don't know I simply dislike it.
    Last edited by Iskar; December 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: consecutive posts merged

I would first play a Chaos campaign before I would think about spending money on the beastmen. If you don't like playing chaos you won't enjoy playing beastmen

Don't have the chaos faction.. I'll just buy the beastmen,finish legendary and let this game rot in my steam library.

"live in a poor country and money doesn't easily come"

bought the game for the full price while it is possible to get TWW including Chaos with half that money

is going to purchase another full-price DLC

gonna let the game rot in steam library

because, logic?

Yeah, I'm going to purchase a DLC because as I said the game is good and the money is on steam just so you know on steam it's 45$ without Chaos on STEAM. 70$ on STEAM and yeah I can't afford paying 50$ for 3 more factions when I could get an actual full game I'm just giving what's rest of my money to the game to get some more hours into it out of frustration that I just paid 45$ for half of the game.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Yes, the dlc are expensive. CA should give Option to buy just race for big campaign. The small one is useless for me, but have to pay for it.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.